There are 213 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think if we can come in at 27mil or 28mil with 47mil guaranteed at signing, that should get the deal done as the apy would be 3rd or 4th depending on if they go 28 or 27 and the 47 mil would be 2nd overall only to Hill according to spotrac.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Nyniner85 dickfest in 5.4.3.2.1…

Who the f**k are you man? Calm down.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/72496/amon-ra-st-brown

You're wrong. If he doesn't get hurt or regress, he will play out that contract and will likely be extended (Lions would defer some of the cap hit but that doesn't change the fact that they paid him $120M over 4 years). They can only get out of $36M by cutting him in 2028.

The cap will continue to go up. There's a good chance he will be worth $36M in 2028 on a higher salary cap.

It's a 4 year $120M extension (or a 3 year $84M extension). His cap hits are lower because some of the guaranteed money counts towards the last year of his rookie deal + there's the void year.

Saying I'm wrong because I used a different source than you is actually incorrect.

I used OTC for all my cap info and so does AB. $35M is FGTD that's all you need to know about that contract. They can get out of that deal in 2026 if they really want. I'm not saying they will or won't extend/restructure…I'm saying they can, they're not tied to him no matter what.

APY is fake news and people using it to gauge a contract's worth might as go play Monopoly because it's not real 💰

Florio added this…

Like so many other contracts given to receivers, the details paint a far different picture than the initial reports. St. Brown's deal is no different.

He's technically the highest-paid receiver in new-money APY. But with $63.386 million in cash over the first three years, Colts receiver Michael Pittman has a better deal at three years, $70 million and then the franchise tag or free agency or a new long-term deal.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Nyniner85 dickfest in 5.4.3.2.1…

What does this even mean lol??
Originally posted by illinois9er:
What does this even mean lol??

No idea
Would you trade BA for a swap of 15 and 31 and take the 46th pick from INDY?

so they'd have 15, 46, 63 in the first two rds? They could move up and an OT at 15, WR (possibly move up) at 46 and go wherever at 63 OG/C or DB.
No trade- Brandon watching tonight I'm sure. Happy Draft day.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

so they'd have 15, 46, 63 in the first two rds? They could move up and an OT at 15, WR (possibly move up) at 46 and go wherever at 63 OG/C or DB.

Not pick swapping, unless a team magicallygives us a top 7 pick. Only way I would trade him is a 1st + 3rd... nobody is going to pay that and that's the point.
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 25, 2024 at 7:05 AM ]

Based on some draft trade charts, that would be roughly mid first round pick value for aiyuk. That's a decent return. But, based on the fact that 2024 is the final year for this core (due to age and cap), I'd decline. The hit rate on drafting wr and having said rookie perform in year one is a big risk.
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Not pick swapping, unless a team magicallygives us a top 7 pick. Only way I would trade him is a 1st + 3rd... nobody is going to pay that and that's the point.

Yeah I mean he's not worth a top 7 pick. Trying to keep it realistic. I feel like that's a fair offer, still would rather not move him

Originally posted by ltrain:
Based on some draft trade charts, that would be roughly mid first round pick value for aiyuk. That's a decent return. But, based on the fact that 2024 is the final year for this core (due to age and cap), I'd decline. The hit rate on drafting wr and having said rookie perform in year one is a big risk.

Only way it really works is if we have no intention of paying BA what he wants.
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Yeah I mean he's not worth a top 7 pick. Trying to keep it realistic. I feel like that's a fair offer, still would rather not move him

He is worth the 7th pick. An all-pro WR entering his prime? Best WR this team has had in two decades. Now, other teams might not feel that a high first is his value, but if I'm 49ers, I don't listen unless it's a top ten pick. Otherwise let's roll to the SB with BA, whether signed to a new contract or playing out his 5th year option.
Saying I'm wrong because I used a different source than you is actually incorrect.

I used OTC for all my cap info and so does AB. $35M is FGTD that's all you need to know about that contract. They can get out of that deal in 2026 if they really want. I'm not saying they will or won't extend/restructure…I'm saying they can, they're not tied to him no matter what.

APY is fake news and people using it to gauge a contract's worth might as go play Monopoly because it's not real 💰

Florio added this…

Like so many other contracts given to receivers, the details paint a far different picture than the initial reports. St. Brown's deal is no different.

He's technically the highest-paid receiver in new-money APY. But with $63.386 million in cash over the first three years, Colts receiver Michael Pittman has a better deal at three years, $70 million and then the franchise tag or free agency or a new long-term deal.

That note by Florio is idiotic. Why would you include the last year of his rookie deal where he's severely underpaid vs. the first 3 years of a new deal? You don't typically get to rip up the last year of a deal when you sign an extension.

The extension is 3 years $84M vs. a new contract of 3 years $70M. Which do you think is the better deal (the answer isn't Pittman)?
Originally posted by Chance:
He is worth the 7th pick. An all-pro WR entering his prime? Best WR this team has had in two decades. Now, other teams might not feel that a high first is his value, but if I'm 49ers, I don't listen unless it's a top ten pick. Otherwise let's roll to the SB with BA, whether signed to a new contract or playing out his 5th year option.

AJ brown went for the 17th and a 3rd. No he's not worth a top 7 pick. GMs don't give a rats ass if he's been our best WR we've had the past two decades. This isn't about being a fan, it's about being realistic.

no 49er fan wants him moved. We all want him to sign an extension and keep the train rolling…HOWEVER sometimes players want more than a team is willing to give (ex Buckner).

if they can't come to an agreement…then what? Move him for his highest value which is right now.

hopefully that's not the case. We should discuss realistic scenarios though 😉
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
That note by Florio is idiotic. Why would you include the last year of his rookie deal where he's severely underpaid vs. the first 3 years of a new deal? You don't typically get to rip up the last year of a deal when you sign an extension.

The extension is 3 years $84M vs. a new contract of 3 years $70M. Which do you think is the better deal (the answer isn't Pittman)?

Pittman got more FGTD $ than St Brown.

brown can be cut before 3/15 in 2026 and they will save $82M over the course of the next 3 yrs. The point is he doesn't have sure fire "can't cut" in his deal after 2025. As long as he keeps play well, he will get paid. They will either restructure/extend him before that fake $41M cap hit becomes anything.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 25, 2024 at 8:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone