There are 178 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm fine with trading Aiyuk and I'm also happy to pay him. His value is high with being an All pro last year, and he'd be a great player to have long term.

The catch is I'm only fine trading him if we get a mid first rounder, around picks 15-28.

Not having Aiyuk would make our passing game less dynamic, but it could make the team much better overall since we've underutilized Kittle, Deebo, Juscyck, Jennings in the passing game and that pick could be used on a really good player…. resetting our "window".

I came late to the conversation but I'm fine either way.

Agreed.

I don't know how you can say that losing Ayiuk would make the pass game more dynamic but then go on to say how it would become more dynamic by leveraging Kittle, Deebo, Juice, and Jennings more.

Losing someone who takes attention away from the defense won't open things up for those guys more. More weapons are always better than less.

Trading Aiyuk would be a big mistake Imo.

Now we finally have our franchise QB, you'd think the front office would want to give him as many weapons as possible? Trading away Aiyuk would do the opposite.

Imagine, come playoffs time. No Aiyuk, Deebo dealing with an Injury. That would leave us, Kittle, CMC and Jennings, and most likely a rookie for Brock to throw the ball to.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Would you trade BA for a swap of 15 and 31 and take the 46th pick from INDY?

so they'd have 15, 46, 63 in the first two rds? They could move up and an OT at 15, WR (possibly move up) at 46 and go wherever at 63 OG/C or DB.

Not pick swapping, unless a team magicallygives us a top 7 pick. Only way I would trade him is a 1st + 3rd... nobody is going to pay that and that's the point.

Agree, no swap. Top 20 pick and niners keep 31 or other team can pound sound. Niners have a proven commodity, never know with rookies. Some dumbass franchise picked Jalen Reagor over JJ, Aiyuk and I believe Higgins. My .02
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 25, 2024 at 8:05 AM ]
Only way it really works is if we have no intention of paying BA what he wants.

If we have no intention of paying him, yes I would be ok with that too. Pretty decent return and we could get one of the top OL there. Happy Draft Day!

so they'd have 15, 46, 63 in the first two rds? They could move up and an OT at 15, WR (possibly move up) at 46 and go wherever at 63 OG/C or DB.

Not pick swapping, unless a team magicallygives us a top 7 pick. Only way I would trade him is a 1st + 3rd... nobody is going to pay that and that's the point.

Yeah I mean he's not worth a top 7 pick. Trying to keep it realistic. I feel like that's a fair offer, still would rather not move him

Thats my point I'm not pick swapping 1st round picks unless it's something stupid. Only way I would send a pick if it's like a 4th.

My asking price would be a 1st and 3rd and even then I don't know if I would trade him. Now if you think there is no chance at an extension which I don't believe then it would be a 1st straight up with maybe the 4th I mentioned earlier
Originally posted by Rathof44:

Agree, no swap. Top 20 pick and niners keep 31 or other team can pound sound. Niners have a proven commodity, never know with rookies. Some dumbass franchise picked Jalen Reagor over JJ, Aiyuk and I believe Higgins. My .02

Bingo. The 49ers have been looking for a pure WR since T.O left and they tried to replace him with Rashad Woods. Not giving him up and risking replacing him with a bust.

They should give him they same message again after paying him

That's fair…I mean it's not just a pick swap, it's also their 2nd.

the team that losing the all-pro is always losing out initially. IMO it would have made more sense to move him back in March if had too. Free up like $15 to add vet help now.
Thats my point I'm not pick swapping 1st round picks unless it's something stupid. Only way I would send a pick if it's like a 4th.

My asking price would be a 1st and 3rd and even then I don't know if I would trade him. Now if you think there is no chance at an extension which I don't believe then it would be a 1st straight up with maybe the 4th I mentioned earlier

It's not just a pick swap, they're giving 46 as well. So it's 15, 46, and 63. You can do a lot with that along with all the other picks we have to move around.

again I prefer to keep BA. I also don't think that's an unrealistic trade for either side.
If he wants 30/year, just keep him on 5th year option, then worry about contract/FA/Tag/Tag and trade, next year. Hopefully both sides compromise and he signs a contract. No trades though unless its a crazy (top 15)
Bingo. The 49ers have been looking for a pure WR since T.O left and they tried to replace him with Rashad Woods. Not giving him up and risking replacing him with a bust.

I mean we've had a bunch of idiots running the team before Kyle showed up. If you're not keeping him long-term than it doesn't matter if you're risking anything. Both sides gotta get a deal done and as we've seen that's not always the case (Buckner).

Originally posted by frankieuc68:
If we have no intention of paying him, yes I would be ok with that too. Pretty decent return and we could get one of the top OL there. Happy Draft Day!

Happy draft day Probably my favorite sports related week/weekend (always right around my bday too) full of ups and downs lol

Originally posted by Chance:
He is worth the 7th pick. An all-pro WR entering his prime? Best WR this team has had in two decades. Now, other teams might not feel that a high first is his value, but if I'm 49ers, I don't listen unless it's a top ten pick. Otherwise let's roll to the SB with BA, whether signed to a new contract or playing out his 5th year option.

AJ brown went for the 17th and a 3rd. No he's not worth a top 7 pick. GMs don't give a rats ass if he's been our best WR we've had the past two decades. This isn't about being a fan, it's about being realistic.

no 49er fan wants him moved. We all want him to sign an extension and keep the train rolling…HOWEVER sometimes players want more than a team is willing to give (ex Buckner).

if they can't come to an agreement…then what? Move him for his highest value which is right now.

hopefully that's not the case. We should discuss realistic scenarios though 😉

I'm saying what he's worth to us. An all-pro entering his prime is absolutely worth a top ten pick for a Super Bowl contender. We saw what happened when we got very good compensation for Buckner in a similar scenario. Turned out Kinlaw busted, so even a pick as high as him can go bust. But WRs of BA don't just grow readily on the draft tree. It's been two decades since we've had a WR of his caliber. I'd also argue that AJ Brown became a steal for Phili at that compensation (who did the Titans get?).

I mean we've had a bunch of idiots running the team before Kyle showed up. If you're not keeping him long-term than it doesn't matter if you're risking anything. Both sides gotta get a deal done and as we've seen that's not always the case (Buckner).

Originally posted by frankieuc68:

Happy draft day Probably my favorite sports related week/weekend (always right around my bday too) full of ups and downs lol

Same it's my favorite time of the year. Purdy and Alex Smith were both drafted on my bday. I was only 14 when Smith was drafted and I wanted Rodgers so bad
He is worth the 7th pick. An all-pro WR entering his prime? Best WR this team has had in two decades. Now, other teams might not feel that a high first is his value, but if I'm 49ers, I don't listen unless it's a top ten pick. Otherwise let's roll to the SB with BA, whether signed to a new contract or playing out his 5th year option.

AJ brown went for the 17th and a 3rd. No he's not worth a top 7 pick. GMs don't give a rats ass if he's been our best WR we've had the past two decades. This isn't about being a fan, it's about being realistic.

no 49er fan wants him moved. We all want him to sign an extension and keep the train rolling…HOWEVER sometimes players want more than a team is willing to give (ex Buckner).

if they can't come to an agreement…then what? Move him for his highest value which is right now.

hopefully that's not the case. We should discuss realistic scenarios though ????

Wonder if AJ Brown's down year in 2021 (63/869/5) contributed to "only" fetching #18 and #101.

hopefully that's not the case. We should discuss realistic scenarios though ????

Wonder if AJ Brown's down year in 2021 (63/869/5) contributed to "only" fetching #18 and #101.

Yeah, used to be an All-pro WR would be much higher draft comp, now we're desperate for a mid-round pick crap shoot. No thanks. I'd rather play hardball than lose an All-pro WR in a sb window. Draft compensation must look better than what AJ got after a down year.
I'm saying what he's worth to us. An all-pro entering his prime is absolutely worth a top ten pick for a Super Bowl contender. We saw what happened when we got very good compensation for Buckner in a similar scenario. Turned out Kinlaw busted, so even a pick as high as him can go bust. But WRs of BA don't just grow readily on the draft tree. It's been two decades since we've had a WR of his caliber. I'd also argue that AJ Brown became a steal for Phili at that compensation (who did the Titans get?).

I get what you're saying, but that's not really how it works….IF you actually are willing to move someone.

the market determines a players trade compensation(really anything when you talk about value/worth)….Just because you value him a ton doesn't mean the people that will be giving you something value him as much.

look I don't want to move him. I would be expecting an outlandish trade offer for ME to move him…for the simple fact that I don't want to trade him at all. BUT if SF is unwilling to give him the deal he wants and get him more involved in the offense, then you gotta do something and right now is his highest trade value.

hopefully nothing happens…but of all the offers I've seen. That one is the most realistic and fair.
Share 49ersWebzone