There are 251 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do not trade BA!!! You wanna trade somebody? Trade Deebo. He is getting hurt more often now and his style of play is not going to be of great value (due to injury) going forward. Keep BA and draft a large WR with elusiveness, speed, and possession skills
Originally posted by Chance:
Yeah, used to be an All-pro WR would be much higher draft comp, now we're desperate for a mid-round pick crap shoot. No thanks. I'd rather play hardball than lose an All-pro WR in a sb window. Draft compensation must look better than what AJ got after a down year.

Mid rd crapshoot? Huh? A top 15 pick (swapped with 31) plus a top 50 pick is not a mid-rd crap shoot. You just have an unrealistic value on him.

Play hardball. They could lose BA in FA a yr from now for a 3rd rd comp all said and done.

This team needs to start replenishing this roster. They've thrown 4 of their last 5 1st rd picks in the trash. Their last 2nd rd pick is junk and what do we have to show for all of those comp 3rds we've been given for lost coaches/FOs guys? Nothing.
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Do not trade BA!!! You wanna trade somebody? Trade Deebo. He is getting hurt more often now and his style of play is not going to be of great value (due to injury) going forward. Keep BA and draft a large WR with elusiveness, speed, and possession skills

Deebo is untouchable in 2024
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/29071/deebo-samuel

You cut him and you activate a 42 million dead cap
His cost to the team is only 28 million

So you cut him and you pay an additional 14 million to the 2024 salary cap and need to fill the WR2 role

Not gonna happen

2025 the numbers change and he can be cut then and the team saves 10 million

The drop off and future savings make perfect sense since we need to pay Purdy and potentially BA starting 2025
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Apr 25, 2024 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerTy:

First off Deebo is not tradable this yr if you look at his contract. Simply not realistic.

Secondly, you're getting like a mid rd pick for him at this point.

who exactly is this large WR with elusiveness, speed, and possession skills that you speak of? Sounds like a guy that's going top 5 and last I checked they're drafting 31st lol.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Deebo is untouchable in 2024
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/29071/deebo-samuel

You cut him and you activate a 42 million dead cap
His cost to the team is only 28 million

So you cut him and you pay an additional 14 million to the 2024 salary cap and need to fill the WR2 role

Not gonna happen

2025 the numbers change and he can be cut then and the team saves 10 million

The drop off and future savings make perfect sense since we need to pay Purdy and potentially BA starting 2025

Right? Some folks are living in fantasy football land. BA worth a top 7 pick, trade Deebo, draft a guy who sounds exactly like MHJ lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
First off Deebo is not tradable this yr if you look at his contract. Simply not realistic.

Secondly, you're getting like a mid rd pick for him at this point.

who exactly is this large WR with elusiveness, speed, and possession skills that you speak of? Sounds like a guy that's going top 5 and last I checked they're drafting 31st lol.

that's what I am saying the compensation for Deebo would be meh at best
Yeah, used to be an All-pro WR would be much higher draft comp, now we're desperate for a mid-round pick crap shoot. No thanks. I'd rather play hardball than lose an All-pro WR in a sb window. Draft compensation must look better than what AJ got after a down year.

Mid rd crapshoot? Huh? A top 15 pick (swapped with 31) plus a top 50 pick is not a mid-rd crap shoot. You just have an unrealistic value on him.

Play hardball. They could lose BA in FA a yr from now for a 3rd rd comp all said and done.

This team needs to start replenishing this roster. They've thrown 4 of their last 5 1st rd picks in the trash. Their last 2nd rd pick is junk and what do we have to show for all of those comp 3rds we've been given for lost coaches/FOs guys? Nothing.

Mid first round picks are a crap shoot. You don't trade away a sure-fire number 1 WR for a crap-shoot of a prospect. Sorry. I'd rather keep BA, and use the franchise tags if need be than I would trade for a pick that has about a 50-50 shot in being a quality starter.

This has nothing to do with my valuation on our player, and everything to do with teams overvaluing their picks and trying to score an all-pro for pennies on the dollar. To put it in perspective, I would absolutely trade for AJ Brown using his trade value as a base, every day of the week. He's worth more than a mid-first and a third. Philli won huge on that deal.
$30 million is really high guys. This WR market is getting out of hand. I'm not sure he's really worth that cap hit. I'd like to sign him but if we can get a 1st and another pick maybe I would look into it. We can get a RT and WR in the draft if we load up on picks. Will be cheaper too on rookie contracts.
I'm saying what he's worth to us. An all-pro entering his prime is absolutely worth a top ten pick for a Super Bowl contender. We saw what happened when we got very good compensation for Buckner in a similar scenario. Turned out Kinlaw busted, so even a pick as high as him can go bust. But WRs of BA don't just grow readily on the draft tree. It's been two decades since we've had a WR of his caliber. I'd also argue that AJ Brown became a steal for Phili at that compensation (who did the Titans get?).

I get what you're saying, but that's not really how it works….IF you actually are willing to move someone.

the market determines a players trade compensation(really anything when you talk about value/worth)….Just because you value him a ton doesn't mean the people that will be giving you something value him as much.

look I don't want to move him. I would be expecting an outlandish trade offer for ME to move him…for the simple fact that I don't want to trade him at all. BUT if SF is unwilling to give him the deal he wants and get him more involved in the offense, then you gotta do something and right now is his highest trade value.

hopefully nothing happens…but of all the offers I've seen. That one is the most realistic and fair.

I get what you're saying, but to a SB contender, there's a change in the formula. The cost of not having a player of BAs caliber on a SB ready team is much higher than say the cost to someone like the Chargers who are a couple years away from contending. That means BA, even at just this year, is worth more to us than he would be to other teams. He literally could be the difference in winning it all this year vs not.

To me, the more analogous draft compensation wouldn't be AJ Brown, but Tyreke Hill. We'd need to be stocked with much better draft compensation to lose a prime all-pro WR in a SB window. It's just nuts to even consider mid-first value when we're trying to win it all this year.

blow my socks off, or gtfo, is how I'd play this as GM.
[ Edited by Chance on Apr 25, 2024 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
OTC has St. Brown's GTD money at $77.61M, but only $35.276M in fully GTD.

Deebo, for instance, got $58.167M GTD, $41M fully GTD.

I think, if Aiyuk signs a new deal, which I do believe he will, it's going to be somewhere between St. Brown, & Deebo.

The APY is for agents to brag about, "hey I got St. Brown $30,002,500 per year, but only $35.276M is fully GTD of the $122.01M deal.

I don't think the Lions did anything to hurt the 49ers chances to keep BA, come Summer time I see a deal agreed to, likely in the $28M a yr range, but the GTD money will be key, he's going to beat Deebo's numbers, that's just how that happens in the NFL, especially with the salary cap going up each year by $20M a year.

Yeah Aiyuk is awesome, also, CAN WE GET A DRAFT DAY THREAD? thanks mods
Thanks for being the voice of reason, AB.

I agree with NY that our roster needs a major infusion of young talent, but some of the trade expectations on here are unrealistic.
[ Edited by SD49er on Apr 25, 2024 at 10:11 AM ]
A rival's spin...
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2024/4/25/24139888/brandon-aiyuk-trade-rumors-2024-nfl-draft
[ Edited by VA9erfan on Apr 25, 2024 at 10:29 AM ]
LOL

One Bleacher Report writer, Ryan Fowler, proposes a trade likely to draw criticism from 49ers fans. In his analysis of one draft-day trade "that makes sense" for every team, Fowler's Aiyuk deal is perplexing. He suggests the 49ers trade Aiyuk, who led the team with a career-high 1,342 receiving yards last season, to the New York Jets for a 2024 third-round pick (No. 72) and a 2025 fourth-round pick.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
LOL

One Bleacher Report writer, Ryan Fowler, proposes a trade likely to draw criticism from 49ers fans. In his analysis of one draft-day trade "that makes sense" for every team, Fowler's Aiyuk deal is perplexing. He suggests the 49ers trade Aiyuk, who led the team with a career-high 1,342 receiving yards last season, to the New York Jets for a 2024 third-round pick (No. 72) and a 2025 fourth-round pick.

I hope Ryan Fowler doesn't get paid to suggest we would trade Aiyuk for almost what we would get by just letting him walk
Share 49ersWebzone