There are 258 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Chance:
Yeah, used to be an All-pro WR would be much higher draft comp, now we're desperate for a mid-round pick crap shoot. No thanks. I'd rather play hardball than lose an All-pro WR in a sb window. Draft compensation must look better than what AJ got after a down year.

Mid rd crapshoot? Huh? A top 15 pick (swapped with 31) plus a top 50 pick is not a mid-rd crap shoot. You just have an unrealistic value on him.

Play hardball. They could lose BA in FA a yr from now for a 3rd rd comp all said and done.

This team needs to start replenishing this roster. They've thrown 4 of their last 5 1st rd picks in the trash. Their last 2nd rd pick is junk and what do we have to show for all of those comp 3rds we've been given for lost coaches/FOs guys? Nothing.

A trip to the Super Bowl?
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/180223-bleacher-proposes-49ers-jets-involving-brandon/

If Aiyuk were to be traded for a 2024 3rd and a 2025 4th, Lynch, Shanny, and the whole FO should be fired. I really don't think he gets traded anyway. But if he were he certainly won't be traded for that cheap.
I'm saying what he's worth to us. An all-pro entering his prime is absolutely worth a top ten pick for a Super Bowl contender. We saw what happened when we got very good compensation for Buckner in a similar scenario. Turned out Kinlaw busted, so even a pick as high as him can go bust. But WRs of BA don't just grow readily on the draft tree. It's been two decades since we've had a WR of his caliber. I'd also argue that AJ Brown became a steal for Phili at that compensation (who did the Titans get?).

I get what you're saying, but that's not really how it works….IF you actually are willing to move someone.

the market determines a players trade compensation(really anything when you talk about value/worth)….Just because you value him a ton doesn't mean the people that will be giving you something value him as much.

look I don't want to move him. I would be expecting an outlandish trade offer for ME to move him…for the simple fact that I don't want to trade him at all. BUT if SF is unwilling to give him the deal he wants and get him more involved in the offense, then you gotta do something and right now is his highest trade value.

hopefully nothing happens…but of all the offers I've seen. That one is the most realistic and fair.

I get what you're saying, but to a SB contender, there's a change in the formula. The cost of not having a player of BAs caliber on a SB ready team is much higher than say the cost to someone like the Chargers who are a couple years away from contending. That means BA, even at just this year, is worth more to us than he would be to other teams. He literally could be the difference in winning it all this year vs not.

To me, the more analogous draft compensation wouldn't be AJ Brown, but Tyreke Hill. We'd need to be stocked with much better draft compensation to lose a prime all-pro WR in a SB window. It's just nuts to even consider mid-first value when we're trying to win it all this year.

blow my socks off, or gtfo, is how I'd play this as GM.

If the 49ers are UNWILLING to meet his demands then the trade offer is fair and I would do it. But I would rather them keep Aiyuk and just draft at 31 instead of swapping 1sts and getting a 2nd. Bc we are win now this season.

My being against that trade is from me thinking that the 49ers want to keep him. If that trade turned into a Fautana/Fuaga at 15 and Polk at 46 then I would happy bc I think Polk can do a lot of the things BA does right away at a lower efficiency level bc he is a rookie.

But still keeping Aiyuk is what I want
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 25, 2024 at 11:00 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
All these dumb ass trade proposes for Aiyuk is annoying as f**k!!! The last time they traded a top player from the team it backfired, don't make the same mistake twice!!!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/180223-bleacher-proposes-49ers-jets-involving-brandon/

If Aiyuk were to be traded for a 2024 3rd and a 2025 4th, Lynch, Shanny, and the whole FO should be fired. I really don't think he gets traded anyway. But if he were he certainly won't be traded for that cheap.

Bleachers hits a new low.
I swear, media pundits always undervalue 49ers stars in trade proposals, and completely overvalue whoever the 49ers should trade for reminds me of people on the radio who get paid to speculate saying the 49ers should trade #2 overall for Antonio Brown, or multiple 1sts for OBJ…
Originally posted by 9erson3:

And another loss…I'm not fine throwing away draft picks consistently are you?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Bro's trolling 49er fans to get a reaction lol.

This sounds like trades I get in my fantasy football league.

folks hoping someone hits the accept button by accident lol.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

And another loss…I'm not fine throwing away draft picks consistently are you?
I'm not and if they don't start hitting on some of these picks they won't be sniffing the SB.
Mid first round picks are a crap shoot. You don't trade away a sure-fire number 1 WR for a crap-shoot of a prospect. Sorry. I'd rather keep BA, and use the franchise tags if need be than I would trade for a pick that has about a 50-50 shot in being a quality starter.

This has nothing to do with my valuation on our player, and everything to do with teams overvaluing their picks and trying to score an all-pro for pennies on the dollar. To put it in perspective, I would absolutely trade for AJ Brown using his trade value as a base, every day of the week. He's worth more than a mid-first and a third. Philli won huge on that deal.

BA was the 25th pick in the draft. Just an FYI.

no it does have to do with your valuation of a player on your team. There isn't a single objective person that thinks BA's worth is a top 7 pick in this draft. None and I love the dude.

Tenn was unwilling to pay AJ what he wanted. They were never gonna meet his price, so then what? BA doesn't want to be the 4th guy in the pecking order. He wants to be paid like a top WR. Clearly you think he's that, so we can't complain if he wants top 5 money, right?

if SF says nope not happening, cool we get a disgruntled WR for a year, no cap relief that a extension gives this team now and you gotta deal with the tag situation and pissing him off more.

my thing is if SF is unwilling to pay the man what he deserves…then move him and be realistic about it. No team is giving up a top 7 pick and paying him $100M on top of it.

Originally posted by DaleGribble:
I'm not and if they don't start hitting on some of these picks they won't be sniffing the SB.

That's what I'm saying…4 of the last 5 1sts rd picks have been trash.

Legit we've only given one extension to our 1st rd pick (Bosa) since 2016. That's insane.

Our last 2nd rd pick might as well not even been used. What have we actually landed with all those comp 3rd with were given? A bunch of misses on RBs/WR/CB a f**king K and a reach on a TE?
Originally posted by Brucey72:
If the 49ers are UNWILLING to meet his demands then the trade offer is fair and I would do it. But I would rather them keep Aiyuk and just draft at 31 instead of swapping 1sts and getting a 2nd. Bc we are win now this season.

My being against that trade is from me thinking that the 49ers want to keep him. If that trade turned into a Fautana/Fuaga at 15 and Polk at 46 then I would happy bc I think Polk can do a lot of the things BA does right away at a lower efficiency level bc he is a rookie.

But still keeping Aiyuk is what I want

Agreed…except the Polk talk lol.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

That's what I'm saying…4 of the last 5 1sts rd picks have been trash.

Legit we've only given one extension to our 1st rd pick (Bosa) since 2016. That's insane.

Our last 2nd rd pick might as well not even been used. What have we actually landed with all those comp 3rd with were given? A bunch of misses on RBs/WR/CB a f**king K and a reach on a TE?
You're preaching to the choir I agree wholeheartedly.

That's why I'm not even looking a little bit forward to something I used to be completely obsessed with.
Mid first round picks are a crap shoot. You don't trade away a sure-fire number 1 WR for a crap-shoot of a prospect. Sorry. I'd rather keep BA, and use the franchise tags if need be than I would trade for a pick that has about a 50-50 shot in being a quality starter.

This has nothing to do with my valuation on our player, and everything to do with teams overvaluing their picks and trying to score an all-pro for pennies on the dollar. To put it in perspective, I would absolutely trade for AJ Brown using his trade value as a base, every day of the week. He's worth more than a mid-first and a third. Philli won huge on that deal.

BA was the 25th pick in the draft. Just an FYI.

no it does have to do with your valuation of a player on your team. There isn't a single objective person that thinks BA's worth is a top 7 pick in this draft. None and I love the dude.

Tenn was unwilling to pay AJ what he wanted. They were never gonna meet his price, so then what? BA doesn't want to be the 4th guy in the pecking order. He wants to be paid like a top WR. Clearly you think he's that, so we can't complain if he wants top 5 money, right?

if SF says nope not happening, cool we get a disgruntled WR for a year, no cap relief that a extension gives this team now and you gotta deal with the tag situation and pissing him off more.

my thing is if SF is unwilling to pay the man what he deserves…then move him and be realistic about it. No team is giving up a top 7 pick and paying him $100M on top of it.

I keep telling you what it's worth it for us, not necessary what another team is willing to pay. BA is worth a top ten pick to consider moving from him for us, imo. That's what he's worth to a SB contender who hasn't had a WR of his caliber in two decades. If we get a Tyreke deal, we take it. If we get an AJ Brown deal, we shouldn't. If we get less than a Brown deal and take it, heads should roll.

We are a SB contender this year, and you don't trade your number one receiving option (only CMAC is ahead of BA on the list of skill players), for less than he is worth your team. I think he's worth a top ten pick in valuation for this team right now. We should pay him commensurate with his value, or let him play out his fifth year and try and get a better view of the landscape of Kittle, Deebo, CMAC, Jennings next offseason.

Personally, I think we pay him something similar to Amon St. Brown. A number he and his agent can parade as market setting, but less fully gtd when looked at closely and with outs in case we need them in future years.

If we trade a sure-thing all-pro WR for a mid-first (or mid-first value), it's a giant fail in my book given our need to compete for a SB this year.
The 49ers last 4 drafts have netted them Purdy, Banks, Lenoir, Hufanga, Brown, Jennings and Aiyuk.... with 31 picks.... 7 hits (10 if you want to count Mckivitz. 1 season of Mitchell and a 3rd round kicker) out of 31.

that's why the idea of trading a stud for any picks doesn't excite me.
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 25, 2024 at 12:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone