• Veteran
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Jcool:

it's going to be a wild night

Rome Odunze you are a 49er

Give me Brock Bowers.

You read my mind, was just gonna ask if something big goes down how would everyone feel about Brock. Those 2 te sets would be godly
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
That's what happened with Buckner.

One slight difference is Buckner was traded more than a month before the draft.

They got their great offer early.

There's a big difference. We told Buckner's agent they can start inquiring about a trade themselves and they did that. This was not the case with Aiyuk.

They did right after the SB loss, Buckner was unhappy apparently, he was allowed to enquire about a trade, thus why he was dealt the day the new league year opened, plus the 49ers were over the cap if they kept him at his 5th yr option number, & there were talks of tagging Armstead, which would have put us much higher over the cap.

I don't think BA gets dealt, but I could be wrong, I pray he isn't, just sign him to a new deal, St. Brown got a big deal, but players & agents look at the first 3yrs of the deal, and how much the player will earn over it, for St. Brown he's gonna earn $60.2M over the first 3yrs(2024-2026), so Aiyuk will want to beat that, that's another thing when looking at contracts, the APY is fluff, something agents can brag about, the players care more about guarantees, and the first 3yrs of the deal, cash wise.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Trading BA and coming away with anything less than a big 3 WR tonight would be a total f**king L. Makes no sense.

What is this s**t? Why is the expectation that an all-pro WR is going to net day 2 or day 3 picks?
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Jcool:

it's going to be a wild night

Rome Odunze you are a 49er

Give me Brock Bowers.

You read my mind, was just gonna ask if something big goes down how would everyone feel about Brock. Those 2 te sets would be godly

f**k ya.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Chance:
What is this s**t? Why is the expectation that an all-pro WR is going to net day 2 or day 3 picks?

No s**t, it's ridiculous. 49ers are in win now mode too, it makes 0 f**king sense
Originally posted by goatroppolo:

No s**t, it's ridiculous. 49ers are in win now mode too, it makes 0 f**king sense
All these false rumors being reported it's bs
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
That's what happened with Buckner.

One slight difference is Buckner was traded more than a month before the draft.

They got their great offer early.

There's a big difference. We told Buckner's agent they can start inquiring about a trade themselves and they did that. This was not the case with Aiyuk.

They did right after the SB loss, Buckner was unhappy apparently, he was allowed to enquire about a trade, thus why he was dealt the day the new league year opened, plus the 49ers were over the cap if they kept him at his 5th yr option number, & there were talks of tagging Armstead, which would have put us much higher over the cap.

I don't think BA gets dealt, but I could be wrong, I pray he isn't, just sign him to a new deal, St. Brown got a big deal, but players & agents look at the first 3yrs of the deal, and how much the player will earn over it, for St. Brown he's gonna earn $60.2M over the first 3yrs(2024-2026), so Aiyuk will want to beat that, that's another thing when looking at contracts, the APY is fluff, something agents can brag about, the players care more about guarantees, and the first 3yrs of the deal, cash wise.

Yeah, we can pay both receivers. I know people don't think we can but like I have said before Philadelphia has done the same thing plus paying a quarterback huge money as well as many other huge contracts, which will eventually catch up to them. We can let go of Banks and possibly Hufanga next year while the cap goes up and restructure some other contracts. We will be fine but trading a top 10 receiver for an unproven commodity is not a good move. Unless it's a top 10 pick and we can get an offensive tackle that doesn't give up among the most sacks or pressures in the league that may be worth the risk.
I just want to see a BA extension so all these "insiders" can shut the f**k up

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:30 PM ]
No way I am trading Aiyuk for anything less then 10-20 first round pick. And I still probably would pass on it. We don't have to trade him. It is as simple as that.
Deebo is a different story for me. If trading Deebo allowed us to keep Ayiuk long term. Then It is something I would strongly consider.
Originally posted by goatroppolo:

I could somewhat understand when this s**t was going on with Deebo, because his specific skillset was only as valuable as someone willing to call plays like Kyle. But Aiyuk? This guy has top end #1 WR skills that fit in any team. Tyreek got a ton of picks, Aiyuk should net something in that neighborhood, even if somewhat less, imo.
Yeah, we can pay both receivers. I know people don't think we can but like I have said before Philadelphia has done the same thing plus paying a quarterback huge money as well as many other huge contracts, which will eventually catch up to them. We can let go of Banks and possibly Hufanga next year while the cap goes up and restructure some other contracts. We will be fine but trading a top 10 receiver for an unproven commodity is not a good move. Unless it's a top 10 pick and we can get an offensive tackle that doesn't give up among the most sacks or pressures in the league that may be worth the risk.

At this point, I don't think the conversation revolves around whether we can or can't. It's whether we should.

It's a lot of money tied up in skill positions which is an area our coaching staff has shown they can work around and/or draft pretty well.
If they trade BA I'd swap 31 for 3 and then trade 3 to Min for their first 2 picks.

id also get a kid round pick from NE.
Share 49ersWebzone