There are 182 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Yeah, we can pay both receivers. I know people don't think we can but like I have said before Philadelphia has done the same thing plus paying a quarterback huge money as well as many other huge contracts, which will eventually catch up to them. We can let go of Banks and possibly Hufanga next year while the cap goes up and restructure some other contracts. We will be fine but trading a top 10 receiver for an unproven commodity is not a good move. Unless it's a top 10 pick and we can get an offensive tackle that doesn't give up among the most sacks or pressures in the league that may be worth the risk.

At this point, I don't think the conversation revolves around whether we can or can't. It's whether we should.

It's a lot of money tied up in skill positions which is an area our coaching staff has shown they can work around and/or draft pretty well.

That may be the case, but the skill positions you're talking about help our team win countless amount of games. Look at how valuable BA was to Purdy last year. He opens up our whole offense. Deebo on the other hand is the best playmaker in the league so it is absolutely essential to keep two elite playmakers together. We can cut corners at other positions and address those losses through the draft, or fill these holes with free agency bargains like we usually do every…..so the answer is yes, we should do it, we can or can't isn't the issue. We absolutely should because we can make it work just like Philly did
Originally posted by miked1978:
If they trade BA I'd swap 31 for 3 and then trade 3 to Min for their first 2 picks.

id also get a kid round pick from NE.

Yeah, I don't see anyway we are getting #3. Just like no team is getting Ayiuk without offering at least a first rounder.

Why Mike Silver being such a pain in the ass
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Heroism:

What is this s**t? Why is the expectation that an all-pro WR is going to net day 2 or day 3 picks?

Disappointed would be a damn understatement if they did some s**t like this. Maybe Aiyuk was in Kyle's doghouse for reasons we don't know about? He f**k Shannys niece or something?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Chance:

What is this s**t? Why is the expectation that an all-pro WR is going to net day 2 or day 3 picks?

Disappointed would be a damn understatement if they did some s**t like this. Maybe Aiyuk was in Kyle's doghouse for reasons we don't know about? He f**k Shannys niece or something?

its not happening.
Seeing all these reporters like "hmm I think X team can get Brandon Aiyuk for a 2nd round pick and would have to throw something else in… maybe a 6th? That would be a pretty good fair deal!" is getting hilarious. Frustrating. But hilarious.

AJ Brown, Diggs, OBJ, Hopkins… #1 WR's go for way, way more than these chump change packages that keep getting thrown around.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Other teams fans want our players so bad. lol
[ Edited by okdkid on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:46 PM ]
BA keep dancing

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Seeing all these reporters like "hmm I think X team can get Brandon Aiyuk for a 2nd round pick and would have to throw something else in… maybe a 6th? That would be a pretty good fair deal!" is getting hilarious. Frustrating. But hilarious.

AJ Brown, Diggs, OBJ, Hopkins… #1 WR's go for way, way more than these chump change packages that keep getting thrown around.

They say that because Diggs went for a future 2nd, but he's in his early 30s, where BA is in his mid 20s.

My lord... they can definitively afford to pay BA and Deebo.... look at the Eagles
BA keep dancing

Eagles paid a s**t load to Hurts yet keep resigning everyone to massive deals
BA keep dancing

Oooooofffffff
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Damn. We just might have to trade him. Lol
BA keep dancing

Wait… so it's a 3-year extension for 2027-2029? Won't the cap be way, way up by then?

Also I love Aiyuk but Brown is better. So Brown should be making more.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone