Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're not trading him
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Heroism:
BA keep dancing

Oooooofffffff

Eagles: Oh the Smith deal wasn't enough for us to force you to trade him?

So looks like this. 👍🏻
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Receivers making edge rusher money is f**king dumb

Would be magnified in a run first offense.

Yeah getting 5 targets a game but making 30 mil a year would go over well
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Wait… so it's a 3-year extension for 2027-2029? Won't the cap be way, way up by then?

Also I love Aiyuk but Brown is better. So Brown should be making more.

Re-posting.

I think y'all are overreacting to the Brown extension.

Brown's extension begins in 2027. Aiyuk's would begin in 2025. This isn't apples to apples.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:59 PM ]
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Wish Aiyuk could learn and behave from cedee lamb
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Yeah, there is no way we are able to keep both Ayiuk and Deebo long term lol. But we are able to keep them both for next year. So unless an offer blows us away, we can deal with this next year when we put together a better plan to replace one of them.

Literally the team you just quoted is doing it right now. lol
I don't see us paying 50+ million on 2 receivers. With some of our other contracts like Bosa, I don't see it as very likely, let alone wise.
Does these WR extensions make the BA trade more or less likely? Bc the team trading would have to give up a 1st AND pay him "30m apy"

Why wouldn't they just a rookie WR and pay him pennies?

Why not draft a rookie receiver? Here are some rookie WRs recently:

Nkeal Harry
Quentin Johnson
Jalean Raegor
Henry Ruggs
Kadarius Toney
Trey Burks
Jahan Dotson

Etc. For every aiyuk, you get several trash WRs. The odds are a wr you draft in round 1 will not be good
Still talking Brandon trade to the last minute? Come on. It's a smart group here.

Stud receiver, chemistry with Brock, knows the offense, prime age. Then the other guy, who I still love but a battering ram, overlaps CMC. Hitting 30.

Why in hell do you think BA would be the choice to trade? No way. I'd be surprised if even Deeb this year but his time will be next year for sure.
I think he gets traded, there is no way we could afford to keep a 30+ million dollar annually wide receiver on the roster with a lot of big contracts coming up
Don't get me wrong. I wish we could keep him because he's great, but I just don't see how.

If I was him The receivers that got their contracts and big money I'd be asking for way more than them because he's Better so the reality is paraage has to work magic to keep him
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

Like I just said very possible to keep two high paid receivers
Why would we want that though? Rather 2 high paid edge or O lineman
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Yeah, there is no way we are able to keep both Ayiuk and Deebo long term lol. But we are able to keep them both for next year. So unless an offer blows us away, we can deal with this next year when we put together a better plan to replace one of them.

Literally the team you just quoted is doing it right now. lol
I don't see us paying 50+ million on 2 receivers. With some of our other contracts like Bosa, I don't see it as very likely, let alone wise.

they currently have even bigger contracts
If the Eagles can pay Brown, Smith, Hurts, Barkley, and all their high priced players there's no reason the Niners can't.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If the Eagles can pay Brown, Smith, Hurts, Barkley, and all their high priced players there's no reason the Niners can't.

I hope you're right. The Eagles seem like they don't have a Cap hit lol
Share 49ersWebzone