LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 196 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
Using a 1st-round pick for WR3 on a team that plays primarily 21 personnel(which means only 2 WRs on the field for the majority of their total offensive snaps) is a terrible move. I think this definitely signals that BA or Deebo is gone, and I'm starting to think it's Deebo.

Commanders are the team to watch.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

If this team drafted a dude to be their WR3 a year from now when they lost the SB because their OL and CBs suck they are dumber than I thought.
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Apr 25, 2024 at 9:57 PM ]
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

Meh. It seems like the writing is on the wall. I don't think they want to commit significant money long term to the WR corps. I wouldn't doubt New England getting either Deebo or Aiyuk for their 2nd Rounder (34 overall) tomorrow.

Using a 1st-round pick for WR3 on a team that plays primarily 21 personnel(which means only 2 WRs on the field for the majority of their total offensive snaps) is a terrible move. I think this definitely signals that BA or Deebo is gone, and I'm starting to think it's Deebo.
Doubt it.. too late to get rid of them
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

No it isn't. Deebo isn't getting a 1st round pick
Originally posted by pd24:

No it isn't. Deebo isn't getting a 1st round pick
if he was being shopped early, possibly. Obviously can't get one now.. so it's too late and not worth it
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 25, 2024 at 10:03 PM ]
if he was being shopped early, possibly. Obviously can't get one now.. so it's too late and not worth it

With his poor route running skillset and injury history, no he wasn't.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:

If I'm Aiyuk I'd be pissed the f**k off.

I think one of them will most likely be traded now that we've drafted a receiver with our first pick
Got to believe someone is getting dealt. I don't think we draft a WR in the first unless that's the plan. My bets on Deebo. Letting Aiyuk go for a non first rounder is just not acceptable. Maybe a package of picks or player combo could get it done/ But I just think Aiyuk to valuable to let go.
Originally posted by linkboy:

can't say he wouldn't as he wasn't shopped, plus we wouldn't have resigned him if he was that bad.
Originally posted by Bloodless:

I think one of them will most likely be traded now that we've drafted a receiver with our first pick
Got to believe someone is getting dealt. I don't think we draft a WR in the first unless that's the plan. My bets on Deebo. Letting Aiyuk go for a non first rounder is just not acceptable. Maybe a package of picks or player combo could get it done/ But I just think Aiyuk to valuable to let go.

If they end up trading one of them I hope it's to Houston.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:

can't say he wouldn't as he wasn't shopped, plus we wouldn't have resigned him if he was that bad.

You don't even know if he was shopped or when they started to shop him. Lol

Adding onto this, maybe Shanny's belief in Purdy is facilitating a transition from a 21 personnel team to an 11 personnel offense with 3 WRs as the primary personnel. That would make more sense if they plan to keep all of their WRs. Plus, Juice is old and likely playing his last season. It might be time to get cheap at that spot and reduce it's significance in the offense.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2024 at 10:24 PM ]

Adding onto this, maybe Shanny's belief in Purdy is facilitating a transition from a 21 personnel team to an 11 personnel offense with 3 WRs as the primary personnel. That would make more sense if they plan to keep all of their WRs. Plus, Juice is old and likely playing his last season. It might be time to get cheap at that spot and reduce it's significance in the offense.
our 4th option was a big drop off last year and we need a punt returner with Mcloud gone

Makes us stronger but just not in the spot expected
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 25, 2024 at 10:26 PM ]
Losing Deebo doesn't make sense but losing BA makes absolutely no sense. Deebs is hurt quite a bit..fast as heck though..will be interesting how this turns out lol
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

If they end up trading one of them I hope it's to Houston.

How the hell is it going to be Houston when they just traded for Diggs add the fact they have Collins and Dell. If anything it's NE or WAS
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Apr 26, 2024 at 2:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone