LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 205 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

You keep saying this but won't elaborate on why you think he will get so much money. Yeah, hes good on third down. But look at his statistics. Who is paying 15 mil a year for that? I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but I think the idea that he will get $15m a season is ridiculous.
Originally posted by Heroism:
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

Using a 1st-round pick for WR3 on a team that plays primarily 21 personnel(which means only 2 WRs on the field for the majority of their total offensive snaps) is a terrible move. I think this definitely signals that BA or Deebo is gone, and I'm starting to think it's Deebo.

This makes so much sense that it hurts. It's why the pick is just so puzzling to me. I mean maybe we going more 4 wr's sets? I think a trade is coming too.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Using a 1st-round pick for WR3 on a team that plays primarily 21 personnel(which means only 2 WRs on the field for the majority of their total offensive snaps) is a terrible move. I think this definitely signals that BA or Deebo is gone, and I'm starting to think it's Deebo.

This makes so much sense that it hurts. It's why the pick is just so puzzling to me. I mean maybe we going more 4 wr's sets? I think a trade is coming too.

You know maybe...just maybe...we will evolve the offense with another season under Brock's belt. Maybe 21 personnel will be used less? Maybe we will come out in more 4-WR sets with CMC in the backfield. You never know. Think outside the box
[ Edited by Silky on Apr 26, 2024 at 7:59 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
WR1

I'm expecting Deebo to the Patriots.
BA and Deebo will be here, neither one is getting traded at least not this year. BA will get his extension, Deebo is more likely traded next year which will open up $$$ to get Brock his contract.

3. The number is 3. You said it, a lot of 21 - this speaks to more 3 wr sets, Pearsall fits a 3 wr set better than Jennings. He's no 4th WR.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
BA and Deebo will be here, neither one is getting traded at least not this year. BA will get his extension, Deebo is more likely traded next year which will open up $$$ to get Brock his contract.

Basically how I see it, too.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

You keep saying this but won't elaborate on why you think he will get so much money. Yeah, hes good on third down. But look at his statistics. Who is paying 15 mil a year for that? I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but I think the idea that he will get $15m a season is ridiculous.

Jennings isn't getting 15 million a year. Lol
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

I think $15M annual is on the high side for Jennings, even if you factor inflation with salary cap increases. I see him more in line with Kendrick Bourne's comp, which is $5M-$7M avg. Other players this past offseason signed similar averages with more production e.g., Mooney, M. Brown, C. Samuel

Ideal scenario would be to extend Jennings ($18M, 3 years), extend Aiyuk ($90M, 3 years), and trade Deebo (2nd and 4th round picks in '25), then you'll have good security at the WR position for a 3 year window and it clears cap for a Purdy extension.

I tend to agree
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

I tend to agree

positionless football Shanny will allow him to show off more of the arm talent
This team isn't trading Aiyuk. He's a great route runner and his connection with Purdy is awesome. In fact, I think he's the perfect receiver for Purdy.

Deebo is a different story, though Deebo is incredible with the ball in his hands. The Pearsall pick makes it perhaps likely they're going to trade Deebo soon. Deebo can still demand some decent value and I think it might be the right time to trade him. The injuries are stacking up and I question how many elite years he has left after this year.

I understand the imperative to win now and keeping Deebo, but what are they getting for him a year from now particularly when it becomes obvious the team won't be able to pay everyone at that point?

Consider two paths the Niners could have taken last night:

1. Keep Aiyuk's contract status in limbo, keep Deebo and draft the best remaining OT; or

2. Draft Pearsall, a mature, productive receiver from the highest level of college competition, trade Deebo (perhaps) for a second round pick and get the best OT or DB available with that pick and then have the money to pay Aiyuk.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
This team isn't trading Aiyuk. He's a great route runner and his connection with Purdy is awesome. In fact, I think he's the perfect receiver for Purdy.

Deebo is a different story, though Deebo is incredible with the ball in his hands. The Pearsall pick makes it perhaps likely they're going to trade Deebo soon. Deebo can still demand some decent value and I think it might be the right time to trade him. The injuries are stacking up and I question how many elite years he has left after this year.

I understand the imperative to win now and keeping Deebo, but what are they getting for him a year from now particularly when it becomes obvious the team won't be able to pay everyone at that point?

Consider two paths the Niners could have taken last night:

1. Keep Aiyuk's contract status in limbo, keep Deebo and draft the best remaining OT; or

2. Draft Pearsall, a mature, productive receiver from the highest level of college competition, trade Deebo (perhaps) for a second round pick and get the best OT or DB available with that pick and then have the money to pay Aiyuk.

And hopefully sign Simmons as well with some of the money saved. I still don't see them trading Deebo this year. They also need him for the locker room and to help resign Aiyuk. He's for sure gone next year though.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:

If I'm Aiyuk I'd be pissed the f**k off.

I think one of them will most likely be traded now that we've drafted a receiver with our first pick
Got to believe someone is getting dealt. I don't think we draft a WR in the first unless that's the plan. My bets on Deebo. Letting Aiyuk go for a non first rounder is just not acceptable. Maybe a package of picks or player combo could get it done/ But I just think Aiyuk to valuable to let go.

If they end up trading one of them I hope it's to Houston.

How the hell is it going to be Houston when they just traded for Diggs add the fact they have Collins and Dell. If anything it's NE or WAS

I'm not sure he gets that much (it will be great I'd he does because that should net a nice comp pick), but Jennings should get decent money on the open market. This is easily our deepest receiver group since Rice/Owens/Stokes. I was definitely not pro receiver in the first, but maybe this signals a shift in philosophy.
Share 49ersWebzone