LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 233 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

You keep saying this but won't elaborate on why you think he will get so much money. Yeah, hes good on third down. But look at his statistics. Who is paying 15 mil a year for that? I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but I think the idea that he will get $15m a season is ridiculous.

I think $15M annual is on the high side for Jennings, even if you factor inflation with salary cap increases. I see him more in line with Kendrick Bourne's comp, which is $5M-$7M avg. Other players this past offseason signed similar averages with more production e.g., Mooney, M. Brown, C. Samuel

Ideal scenario would be to extend Jennings ($18M, 3 years), extend Aiyuk ($90M, 3 years), and trade Deebo (2nd and 4th round picks in '25), then you'll have good security at the WR position for a 3 year window and it clears cap for a Purdy extension.

Pretty good group too. Can't argue with a top 3 of Aiyuk/Pearsall/Jennings. I just like that we have potentially an elite receiver room again (I'd argue 2023 was elite).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Pretty good group too. Can't argue with a top 3 of Aiyuk/Pearsall/Jennings. I just like that we have potentially an elite receiver room again (I'd argue 2023 was elite).

Torry Holt and Az-Akeem I believe its was. Plus Kittle and CMC. yea boi!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 26, 2024 at 7:23 PM ]
I like Aiyuk but...
Just about every game where Brandon was WR1 ,the niners lost.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I like Aiyuk but...

lolwut

seriously, some of you just say the dumbest things possible. what is it that makes you guys this way?
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on May 26, 2024 at 2:56 PM ]
9ers were plenty effective on offense in 2022 when Deebo was hurt. The narrative that Deebo is irreplaceable is just that.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
9ers were plenty effective on offense in 2022 when Deebo was hurt. The narrative that Deebo is irreplaceable is just that.

Deebo being injured early in the game when KS designs the weekly gameplan around him was the problem.
His role is 1 of a kind so a backup doesn't really come in and keep the gameplan intact.

I would hope KS has learned that by now
Brandon is the Beast now
I like Aiyuk but...

Aiyuk was WR1 the entire 2023 season. Not just when Deebo was out.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on May 26, 2024 at 10:15 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like Aiyuk but...

You mean like the games in Seattle, Las Vegas and Washington in 2022?

I'd argue he's very important, but that TW being out was far more impactful to the offense.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I'd argue he's very important, but that TW being out was far more impactful to the offense.

I agree that's why we need to figure out how to replace him and not rely on a lucky TW acquisition from the commanders. Let's see what the organization does to replace and build our O line. The Niners get that building a stout defense requires a great D line why can't they figure out the same on offense. WR's are worthless without time for the QB to find them.
I believe our reciever room will be
Aiyuk/Deebo/Jennings/pearsall/cowing

there may be a sixth but I think that's an awesome and diverse group that creates tons of mismatches.

I also think cowing is going to be a big surprise. I like Pearsall too but I can see cowing being a dark horse. The problem is just how do you feed all those mouths. Especially with CMC and Kittle still there.
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 27, 2024 at 9:04 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Deebo isn't irreplaceable but he brings an important element to our offense, specifically physical ness and multi positional - which is huge for play design.

I think there is a good chance that this is his last year here but I don't discount that he is a major play maker and important to our offenses positionless play design
This. People using APY as something meaningful is annoying as s**t

Originally posted by NYniner85:
This. People using APY as something meaningful is annoying as s**t

Except his guaranteed money is 77 million.

On Wednesday morning, a source confirmed to ESPN that wideout Amon-Ra St. Brown had agreed to a four-year, $120 million extension that included the most guaranteed money for a receiver in NFL history ($77 million).

Im making my next statement Without checking player contracts. Just going off of assumption.

I'm willing to bet that the fully guaranteed monies from "the next one to sign" at whatever position is close to the same guaranteed monies as the previous guy's. Same with APY. So not sure why you continue to get bent out of shape over the semantics. It's just a metric to compare one guy to the next. For those purposes it shouldn't matter if APY or GTD is used IMO
[ Edited by krizay on May 28, 2024 at 1:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone