LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 221 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has the Niners ever won any of these long drawn out contract negotiations? I think every player we have done this with ends up getting the money they want anyways. Warner, Kittle, Deebo, and Bosa, They all got their market value. And Aiyuk will be no exception.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Has the Niners ever won any of these long drawn out contract negotiations? I think every player we have done this with ends up getting the money they want anyways. Warner, Kittle, Deebo, and Bosa, They all got their market value. And Aiyuk will be no exception.

The holdout will likely mean a lower performance on the field ala Bosa.
or Brandon will come in fresh and firing and ready to prove everyone wrong.
Originally posted by ninerFate:
The holdout will likely mean a lower performance on the field ala Bosa.

Unfortunately this is how it usually goes
Brandon is working out in private.

All he has to do is turn up and play pitch and catch with Purdy on game day.

And all Kyle has to do is dial up Brandon's number when he is open.

Which is regularly.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Brandon is working out in private.

All he has to do is turn up and play pitch and catch with Purdy on game day.

And all Kyle has to do is dial up Brandon's number when he is open.

Which is regularly.

It never seems as simple as that
Wide Receiver is a different beast. WRs Justin Jefferson (24) and CeeDee Lamb (25) are also holding out for new contracts. Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins are also holding out as they await lucrative contract extensions

Brandon, Justin and CeeDee and Ja'Marr and Tee may be the top 5 WRS by the end of the season.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on May 28, 2024 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
I believe our reciever room will be
Aiyuk/Deebo/Jennings/pearsall/cowing

there may be a sixth but I think that's an awesome and diverse group that creates tons of mismatches.

I also think cowing is going to be a big surprise. I like Pearsall too but I can see cowing being a dark horse. The problem is just how do you feed all those mouths. Especially with CMC and Kittle still there.

I don't think there's enough room for a 6th WR when IMO those 5 are locks to make the 53, and active each week, so Conley goes to the PS, use the 6th WR spot on someone else, a CB, IDL, IOL, etc...
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

You keep saying this but won't elaborate on why you think he will get so much money. Yeah, hes good on third down. But look at his statistics. Who is paying 15 mil a year for that? I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but I think the idea that he will get $15m a season is ridiculous.

I think $15M annual is on the high side for Jennings, even if you factor inflation with salary cap increases. I see him more in line with Kendrick Bourne's comp, which is $5M-$7M avg. Other players this past offseason signed similar averages with more production e.g., Mooney, M. Brown, C. Samuel

Ideal scenario would be to extend Jennings ($18M, 3 years), extend Aiyuk ($90M, 3 years), and trade Deebo (2nd and 4th round picks in '25), then you'll have good security at the WR position for a 3 year window and it clears cap for a Purdy extension.

Pretty good group too. Can't argue with a top 3 of Aiyuk/Pearsall/Jennings. I just like that we have potentially an elite receiver room again (I'd argue 2023 was elite).

There's no way Jauan is taking $6M a yr, he hasn't even signed his 1yr $4.89M RFA deal, he'll want $10M-$15M a yr, idc if you think I'm crazy or nuts, but I've been right more than wrong, I said Buckner would get $20M+, he got it, Deebo got what I said he'd want, Bosa I said $34M-$35M, he got that. If you think a good young WR like Jauan is taking less than $10M a yr you're nuts, any team that wants to or already runs Kyle's system will pay him, he can catch, good route runner, & great blocker, that's why he'll get paid a good amount.
There's no way Jauan is taking $6M a yr, he hasn't even signed his 1yr $4.89M RFA deal, he'll want $10M-$15M a yr, idc if you think I'm crazy or nuts, but I've been right more than wrong, I said Buckner would get $20M+, he got it, Deebo got what I said he'd want, Bosa I said $34M-$35M, he got that. If you think a good young WR like Jauan is taking less than $10M a yr you're nuts, any team that wants to or already runs Kyle's system will pay him, he can catch, good route runner, & great blocker, that's why he'll get paid a good amount.

You think he's gonna make more than Bourne? I mean Jennings had what 19 catches for 265 yards this past yr. I'm sorry that's not worth $10-$15M per (even though I hate using APY when talking contracts).

I was asking myself the same thing. If we are in the tiny championship window and they already know the current deals gave them great framework....get the damn deal done. My guess is the money isn't surprising to the front office so they cant be that far apart.

Outside of maybe Bosa's deal I can guarantee you they have gotten their needs met in all of those contracts.

The team understands the market and the players they have. They understand they're not going to get these guys on contracts averaging millions less than what they're worth. It's about the structure and language to protect themselves.

I'd be shocked if they didn't get Aiyuk's deal done. Now we can question whether their strategy to wait til training camp time is smart considering it gives other teams a chance to do their deals and basically push the money we're on the hook for up. All it takes is a cap rich team who doesn't care about fitting in a talented roster to dish out a huge deal to a lesser player and now your own talent is going to show that contract and ask for more on their end.

I hope once AA's money comes off the board after June 1st we get BA's deal done sooner rather than later. Get him into camp on time.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10122874-49ers-rumors-sf-confident-in-brandon-aiyuk-contract-to-keep-wr-for-the-long-haul
I mean they're gonna pay him. Also folks talking about if he should get $30M per. Well name me a lWR who's actually making $30M per. APY is fake and none of these guys actually play at that number every single yr. I get it's easy to compare contracts with fake fluff numbers…complaining about those fake numbers is silly.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

You keep saying this but won't elaborate on why you think he will get so much money. Yeah, hes good on third down. But look at his statistics. Who is paying 15 mil a year for that? I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but I think the idea that he will get $15m a season is ridiculous.

I think $15M annual is on the high side for Jennings, even if you factor inflation with salary cap increases. I see him more in line with Kendrick Bourne's comp, which is $5M-$7M avg. Other players this past offseason signed similar averages with more production e.g., Mooney, M. Brown, C. Samuel

Ideal scenario would be to extend Jennings ($18M, 3 years), extend Aiyuk ($90M, 3 years), and trade Deebo (2nd and 4th round picks in '25), then you'll have good security at the WR position for a 3 year window and it clears cap for a Purdy extension.

Pretty good group too. Can't argue with a top 3 of Aiyuk/Pearsall/Jennings. I just like that we have potentially an elite receiver room again (I'd argue 2023 was elite).

I think Jennings will get paid, but the reality is he doesn't have a lot of production. I know players get overpaid in free agency, but wow. It'll work out for us as far as comp picks are concerned if that happens.
Share 49ersWebzone