LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 215 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WRs hold out a lot. They're the prima-donnas of football. They often over value themselves and the teams sometimes overvalue them as well. How many teams have lost a good receiver and fallen apart. The Chiefs won the SB last year with bad WRs. Dallas has hadLamb for a few seasons and what have they won? WRs are a nice addition but teams can and do win without great ones.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
WRs hold out a lot. They're the prima-donnas of football. They often over value themselves and the teams sometimes overvalue them as well. How many teams have lost a good receiver and fallen apart. The Chiefs won the SB last year with bad WRs. Dallas has hadLamb for a few seasons and what have they won? WRs are a nice addition but teams can and do win without great ones.

It's a premium position, unlike the RB position. The Chiefs WR situation last year was truly an anomaly. A great WR is very hard to find. You try to keep them if you can and prioritize them over other positions. I think they're super important.

Look at most SB teams. Rams had Kupp and OBJ. Chiefs had Tyreek Hill for one of theirs. Tampa had Evans and Godwin. Most SB winners have great WRs
[ Edited by Silky on May 29, 2024 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
People are overreacting to the Ricky Pearsall pick, this doesn't mean Aiyuk is gone, Deebo either, they need someone to be their WR3 next year, as they won't have Jauan next year, IMO he'll command in the $15M a yr range, plus Danny Gray sucks, hasn't played more than what seems like a handful of snaps & games, and Ronnie Bell is ok, but I wouldn't be ok with him as WR3 or as a Return Man, & Trent Taylor & Chris Conley are 1yr guys, not future, so the 49ers needed to get a WR in this draft IMO, I would have liked a CB with the fact that only Luter & Womack are signed past 2024, Mooney, Lenoir, Yiadom, & Ya-Sin are all UFAs after 2024.

You keep saying this but won't elaborate on why you think he will get so much money. Yeah, hes good on third down. But look at his statistics. Who is paying 15 mil a year for that? I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but I think the idea that he will get $15m a season is ridiculous.

I think $15M annual is on the high side for Jennings, even if you factor inflation with salary cap increases. I see him more in line with Kendrick Bourne's comp, which is $5M-$7M avg. Other players this past offseason signed similar averages with more production e.g., Mooney, M. Brown, C. Samuel

Ideal scenario would be to extend Jennings ($18M, 3 years), extend Aiyuk ($90M, 3 years), and trade Deebo (2nd and 4th round picks in '25), then you'll have good security at the WR position for a 3 year window and it clears cap for a Purdy extension.

Pretty good group too. Can't argue with a top 3 of Aiyuk/Pearsall/Jennings. I just like that we have potentially an elite receiver room again (I'd argue 2023 was elite).

There's no way Jauan is taking $6M a yr, he hasn't even signed his 1yr $4.89M RFA deal, he'll want $10M-$15M a yr, idc if you think I'm crazy or nuts, but I've been right more than wrong, I said Buckner would get $20M+, he got it, Deebo got what I said he'd want, Bosa I said $34M-$35M, he got that. If you think a good young WR like Jauan is taking less than $10M a yr you're nuts, any team that wants to or already runs Kyle's system will pay him, he can catch, good route runner, & great blocker, that's why he'll get paid a good amount.

lol
Didn't trade him for a 1st to get an Tackle. Now we will lose him for a comp 3rd and draft a bust
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Didn't trade him for a 1st to get an Tackle. Now we will lose him for a comp 3rd and draft a bust

No one was offering a 1st.
I don't need Aiyuk for $30 million per year because we'll be out of salary cap room. I'm delighted we've signed Jauan Jennings right now. We have talented wide receivers in Deebo, Jennings, Pearsall, and Cowing. We need to save salary cap space right now. We should let Aiyuk go or trade him to Houston Texans. Just do it..
or keep him.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
or keep him.

Yeah just keep the core together for as long as possible as they can fit the 3 for 2025, I was surprised Jauan took on;y $7.7m a yr, so I'll admit I was wrong, really thought he would want $10m a yr, I know stays don't show it, but that's not everything, his blocking is amazing, as is BA's, Deebo not so much but Deebo does try unlike some(Danny Gray). I truly believe they can keep them thru 2025, I expect Jennings' deal to have void yrs to help w/his '25 cap number, like how I see Aiyuk getting a $25m signing bonus, $1.125m base in 2024, so $6.125m cap this yr, then around $11m in '25, we'll likely have saved some, not much, from Jennings' deal, so I can see them in the $20m range cap room wise, remember that roster spots 52 & 53 cost minimum of $795k each, & PS is minimum of $4.4m & teams set aside around $5m for roster moves in season.
or keep him.

Yeah just keep the core together for as long as possible as they can fit the 3 for 2025, I was surprised Jauan took on;y $7.7m a yr, so I'll admit I was wrong, really thought he would want $10m a yr, I know stays don't show it, but that's not everything, his blocking is amazing, as is BA's, Deebo not so much but Deebo does try unlike some(Danny Gray). I truly believe they can keep them thru 2025, I expect Jennings' deal to have void yrs to help w/his '25 cap number, like how I see Aiyuk getting a $25m signing bonus, $1.125m base in 2024, so $6.125m cap this yr, then around $11m in '25, we'll likely have saved some, not much, from Jennings' deal, so I can see them in the $20m range cap room wise, remember that roster spots 52 & 53 cost minimum of $795k each, & PS is minimum of $4.4m & teams set aside around $5m for roster moves in season.

This is how grown ups look, you a good dude AB. So many people here just can't do it, not just here in general.

I for one am glad you came back after your break from some of the nonsense, nobody is better than you at what you do and it's great to have a resident cap guru 🤙🏾
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

We will tag and trade before just letting him walk

Originally posted by 49ers808:
or keep him.

This is how grown ups look, you a good dude AB. So many people here just can't do it, not just here in general.

I for one am glad you came back after your break from some of the nonsense, nobody is better than you at what you do and it's great to have a resident cap guru 🤙🏾

Thanks 49ers808, unfortunately I won't be posting a lot as I'm having surgery, well surgeries on both of my hands, I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome, so I have surgery set for June 14 & July 12(My 40th birthday lol), so I may have to do the ole pecking with one hand to type things, it's fine with my iPad, but I can't right an article on that for my site, my arms get tired after a while, & my hands numb up and hurt within 30 seconds, just started happening in December of last yr, was around 5-10 mins after playing a game or typing I would numb up, but it got very very bad, had the nerve test done, that was something else, my hands, fingers, & arms moved by themselves, so weird, felt like I got shocked when plugging in something to the wall socket, just slightly less pain, and if you've seen my X/Twitter, I well lost my 11yr old Dog in the middle of the night, she fought off cancer 3 times, but the 4th was too much, I'm just glad the lord took her in her sleep, she's up there with everyone now, I know I'll get slammed by certain posters, but idgaf, I'll ignore & block them, and yes she's the one I made the GFM for, had her for almost 5yrs longer than we could/should have.

Anyway, thanks again man, appreciate the love, I will lurk, and post updates for cap room once I see Jennings' deal, I'm not gonna ask my sources cause I'm in too much pain from losing Honey, my hands, just everything, & my source reached out via DM to tell me to get better & that he/she was sorry for my loss, also a Dog person this person.
I am calling it now - we go with a 4 WR with CM in the back field set for shock value during the season.

Opposition defences would not know where to look.
I am calling it now - we go with a 4 WR with CM in the back field set for shock value during the season.

So, Aiyuk & Pearsall out wide, Deebo & Jauan in the slot, & CMC in the backfield, yeah that would be dynamic IMO

So, Aiyuk & Pearsall out wide, Deebo & Jauan in the slot, & CMC in the backfield, yeah that would be dynamic IMO

Yes, very dynamic. Lots of options. You could throw George K in the slot occasionally as well.

Surely, we would get a miss match somewhere.

At very worst, you would have the opposition defence in nickel and dime so if you run out of that formation CM would not have any linebackers to contend with.

If they leave a linebacker in, then throw to the option the linebacker lines up against.

call what.. we ran 4 wide and even went 5 wide last season
Share 49ersWebzone