LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 201 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
I am calling it now - we go with a 4 WR with CM in the back field set for shock value during the season.

Opposition defences would not know where to look.
call what.. we ran 4 wide and even went 5 wide last season

Yes, agreed and agreed, we should have run plays from those formations more often.

We are all in agreement.
I am calling it now - we go with a 4 WR with CM in the back field set for shock value during the season.

Yes, agreed and agreed, we should have run plays from those formations more often.

We are all in agreement.

This isn't div II college football. And we also have an all pro TE.

I'm sure we will have a couple plays like that but it won't be often
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on May 29, 2024 at 11:05 PM ]

We are all in agreement.
yes, i agree with the more often. shoot even more trips formations
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

We are all in agreement.

This isn't div II college football. And we also have an all pro TE.

I'm sure we will have a couple plays like that but it won't be often

Need George to block
Jaylen Waddle now paid. Come on niners....

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
or keep him.

Yeah just keep the core together for as long as possible as they can fit the 3 for 2025, I was surprised Jauan took on;y $7.7m a yr, so I'll admit I was wrong, really thought he would want $10m a yr, I know stays don't show it, but that's not everything, his blocking is amazing, as is BA's, Deebo not so much but Deebo does try unlike some(Danny Gray). I truly believe they can keep them thru 2025, I expect Jennings' deal to have void yrs to help w/his '25 cap number, like how I see Aiyuk getting a $25m signing bonus, $1.125m base in 2024, so $6.125m cap this yr, then around $11m in '25, we'll likely have saved some, not much, from Jennings' deal, so I can see them in the $20m range cap room wise, remember that roster spots 52 & 53 cost minimum of $795k each, & PS is minimum of $4.4m & teams set aside around $5m for roster moves in season.

This is how grown ups look, you a good dude AB. So many people here just can't do it, not just here in general.

I for one am glad you came back after your break from some of the nonsense, nobody is better than you at what you do and it's great to have a resident cap guru 🤙🏾

Thanks 49ers808, unfortunately I won't be posting a lot as I'm having surgery, well surgeries on both of my hands, I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome, so I have surgery set for June 14 & July 12(My 40th birthday lol), so I may have to do the ole pecking with one hand to type things, it's fine with my iPad, but I can't right an article on that for my site, my arms get tired after a while, & my hands numb up and hurt within 30 seconds, just started happening in December of last yr, was around 5-10 mins after playing a game or typing I would numb up, but it got very very bad, had the nerve test done, that was something else, my hands, fingers, & arms moved by themselves, so weird, felt like I got shocked when plugging in something to the wall socket, just slightly less pain, and if you've seen my X/Twitter, I well lost my 11yr old Dog in the middle of the night, she fought off cancer 3 times, but the 4th was too much, I'm just glad the lord took her in her sleep, she's up there with everyone now, I know I'll get slammed by certain posters, but idgaf, I'll ignore & block them, and yes she's the one I made the GFM for, had her for almost 5yrs longer than we could/should have.

Anyway, thanks again man, appreciate the love, I will lurk, and post updates for cap room once I see Jennings' deal, I'm not gonna ask my sources cause I'm in too much pain from losing Honey, my hands, just everything, & my source reached out via DM to tell me to get better & that he/she was sorry for my loss, also a Dog person this person.

Damn AB, so sorry for your loss and pain with carpel tunnel. I hope for nothing but the best for you and I believe that the surgeries will be a step in the right direction and work out well for you.

Best way to go in her sleep and just find comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering in her battle with cancer, and appreciate the extra time that you did have with her. The fighting off cancer 3X, she did it for you and your family, no doubt in my mind.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Yuk's price tag keeps going up
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
WRs hold out a lot. They're the prima-donnas of football. They often over value themselves and the teams sometimes overvalue them as well. How many teams have lost a good receiver and fallen apart. The Chiefs won the SB last year with bad WRs. Dallas has hadLamb for a few seasons and what have they won? WRs are a nice addition but teams can and do win without great ones.

It's a premium position, unlike the RB position. The Chiefs WR situation last year was truly an anomaly. A great WR is very hard to find. You try to keep them if you can and prioritize them over other positions. I think they're super important.

Look at most SB teams. Rams had Kupp and OBJ. Chiefs had Tyreek Hill for one of theirs. Tampa had Evans and Godwin. Most SB winners have great WRs

Teams win without great WRs too. It really depends on the makeup of the team. How good is the QB? What type of offense do they run? Lot's of teams have over pad for WRs and got nothing in return. That money could have been used to build the lines or help the defense. I like Aiyuk but I wouldn't overpay him unless they intend on moving off Deebo next year. They have a lot of high paid players on this team and can't afford to have 2 WRs making over $25 mil. The Niners have enough talent all over the roster that they can lose a receiver and still be good. On this team, CMC is more valuable than Aiyuk.
I love Aiyuk but I can't see the 49ers paying him more than St Brown which I think is what he wants.
49ers are a run first team and Aiyuk would just not get enough targets to justify the money that might be splashed out.
I do note that the Eagles have 2 WR over 25m plus a paid QB so it can be done.
I think he will play on the 5th year option then we will see what happens to him and Deebo. Not ideal for Aiyuk and I am not sure what it does to the dressing room dynamic.

This could have been avoided had the 49ers paid him before the draft but this approach of lets pay our guys in August really cannot see sense it - is this a Paraag decision or Lynch/Kyle ?

So, Aiyuk & Pearsall out wide, Deebo & Jauan in the slot, & CMC in the backfield, yeah that would be dynamic IMO

Who blockin for brockin
[ Edited by Silky on May 30, 2024 at 11:33 AM ]

Hoping they sign him soon otherwise it might creep over the 30 mil mark as Cee dee and Jefferson are both up for deals as well and they are defintely looking for over 30 mil. If we can sign him in the next couple weeks and keep it between 28-30 mil that would be the ideal range to get him at seeing as we get an extra 18 mil in cap space come June 1.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Damn AB, so sorry for your loss and pain with carpel tunnel. I hope for nothing but the best for you and I believe that the surgeries will be a step in the right direction and work out well for you.

Best way to go in her sleep and just find comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering in her battle with cancer, and appreciate the extra time that you did have with her. The fighting off cancer 3X, she did it for you and your family, no doubt in my mind.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it, and yes she's in a better place now, not hurting, no more pain, no more suffering, no more anything, now she is with her Dad(Howie) who we lost in 2018 to cancer as well, they were Blue Tick Coon Hounds, it's a type of hunting dog, also used in prisons, they apparently were in a storm down south, I live in NY, so they came a long way, our 6yr old Golden Retriever passed the day they arrived to the local humane society, so it was like meant to be, got them 12 days later the 22nd of July 2014, they were so happy when they saw each other in the backyard realizing they were still going to be together, I looked out the window in the bathroom yesterday, remembering that day like it was yesterday, can't believe it was almost 10yrs ago, just crazy to think. Anyway, thanks again, and yea surgery is for the best, need it, as they're numbing up now as I type this.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcwoot:

Why do mainlanders always cut last names in half. Lol

Hufanga - Huf
Aiyuk - Yuk
Isaac Sopoaga - Soap smfh

You don't see me saying….

Smith - Smitty
Anderson - Ander
Williams - Willy

Maybe a dumb question, but can Aiyuk be given a proper contract and then traded next season for like a 5th rounder to offload the contract?

Basically, you give him what he wants (and not franchise tag which seems to insult players), keep him for the final year then offload him?

I like Aiyuk, but at the same time, how much of a business he has made it from the nanosecond the Niners lost the Super Bowl, it's gotten annoying his silent antics.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on May 30, 2024 at 3:03 PM ]
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mcwoot:

Why do mainlanders always cut last names in half. Lol

Hufanga - Huf
Aiyuk - Yuk
Isaac Sopoaga - Soap smfh

You don't see me saying….

Smith - Smitty
Anderson - Ander
Williams - Willy

Share 49ersWebzone