LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 126 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Most likely they will pay him and look to save money in other areas, like parting ways with CWard, Aaron Banks, Hufanga and/or Dre Greenlaw after this season.
[ Edited by TopDogBerkeley on May 30, 2024 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
I am calling it now - we go with a 4 WR with CM in the back field set for shock value during the season.

Opposition defences would not know where to look.

So, Aiyuk & Pearsall out wide, Deebo & Jauan in the slot, & CMC in the backfield, yeah that would be dynamic IMO

Who blockin for brockin

You still have your OL in place, just no Kittle.

By playing up tempo, you tire the opposition DL out very quickly.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I am calling it now - we go with a 4 WR with CM in the back field set for shock value during the season.

Opposition defences would not know where to look.

So, Aiyuk & Pearsall out wide, Deebo & Jauan in the slot, & CMC in the backfield, yeah that would be dynamic IMO

Who blockin for brockin

You still have your OL in place, just no Kittle.

By playing up tempo, you tire the opposition DL out very quickly.

I see your logic. Just give Brock atleast 2 secs to find someone. But what if they don't block Chris Jones again? I don't trust our OLine
Yes, that's the problem.

But it's a problem in any throwing formation.

And why a lot of people have been calling for OL upgrades
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
Most likely they will pay him and look to save money in other areas, like parting ways with CWard, Aaron Banks, Hufanga and/or Dre Greenlaw after this season.

Agree on all of that

Early reports are CBs look great

CWard is an easy cut if our younger DBs develop and show it this year

Banks will be asking 17+ million a year based on OG market....we can't afford that and he is likely gone as well
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Agree on all of that

Banks will be asking 17+ million a year based on OG market....we can't afford that and he is likely gone as well
He's a free agent either way

Losing Ward will be huge but I think it's inevitable. He's been on a bargain contract cap-wise and he's likely looking for his last large payday
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Agree on all of that

He's a free agent either way

Losing Ward will be huge but I think it's inevitable. He's been on a bargain contract cap-wise and he's likely looking for his last large payday

Ya my bad....i say cut when someone is a FA because it's my short way of saying don't pay them

Banks is the same thing...let them both walk bc we can't afford market rate for that position anymorr
Aiyuk | Deebo

no idea how true this rumor is since social media is the devil.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Aiyuk | Deebo

Naaaaaa
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Aiyuk | Deebo

Naaaaaa

Exactly. That fan base has a hardon for our players.

• 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

Agree on all of that

It'd be nice to actually be able to keep a top CB for awhile, but yeah, Luter and Womack are talented and Green looks good too, and maybe we can extend Lenoir if we let Ward walk. If I had to pick one out of the four to keep I wanna keep Greenlaw slightly over Hufanga, depending how they look post injury of course.

All contingent on keeping BA first... just a matter of time
Jefferson signing hopefully gets the ball rolling on all the receivers waiting on their deal
We better be ready to pay

Justin Jefferson just reset the market
Originally posted by LundyLove:

Well he won't get JJ money. No one will. I think JJ signed for 35 mil/year. I think Aiyuk is worth 22 mil/year
Originally posted by LundyLove:

Well he won't get JJ money. No one will. I think JJ signed for 35 mil/year. I think Aiyuk is worth 22 mil/year

I would have an argument that Jamar Chase is as good as JJ or better and deserves that money but Mike Brown would rather trade him than have to pay Burrow and Chase at the same time
Share 49ersWebzone