There are 133 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
We better be ready to pay

Justin Jefferson just reset the market

Well he won't get JJ money. No one will. I think JJ signed for 35 mil/year. I think Aiyuk is worth 22 mil/year

I would have an argument that Jamar Chase is as good as JJ or better and deserves that money but Mike Brown would rather trade him than have to pay Burrow and Chase at the same time

Yea definitely. Forgot about Chase. Either way Aiyuk is great, but not on those guys levels
Originally posted by LundyLove:
We better be ready to pay

Justin Jefferson just reset the market

Well he won't get JJ money. No one will. I think JJ signed for 35 mil/year. I think Aiyuk is worth 22 mil/year

He ain't signing for 22. Think 28ish
Jefferson's deal has no effect on Aiyuk's potential deal. It was going to be $27-30M per regardless of what else happened in free agency.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Jefferson's deal has no effect on Aiyuk's potential deal. It was going to be $27-30M per regardless of what else happened in free agency.

agreed, but id like to see a deal done early for once. Why is it every other team can do that, but we cannot?

Ugh I really like Aiyuk, but we don't use him nearly half of the volume JJ gets on the Vikings. I know we can't pay him half of JJ money (would be $17 mil/year), but that's why I thought 22 mil would be fair. I'd be willing to go up to $24 mil I suppose. $28 mil is a lot for a #3/4 option
[ Edited by Silky on Jun 3, 2024 at 8:32 AM ]
Ugh I really like Aiyuk, but we don't use him nearly half of the volume JJ gets on the Vikings. I know we can't pay him half of JJ money (would be $17 mil/year), but that's why I thought 22 mil would be fair. I'd be willing to go up to $24 mil I suppose. $28 mil is a lot for a #3/4 option

Just pay the $28M

We trying to win now
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

agreed, but id like to see a deal done early for once. Why is it every other team can do that, but we cannot?

I was thinking about this for a while. However earlier this week it had me wanting to ask AB if his "source" could shine some insight on this. But I couldn't find his post about his source to ask it. So DAMN IT! I'm asking it here.

AB, does your source has any insight on these "hold out/in" deals we do at the last minute? I don't expect him/her to get into specifics per se but..

1. How much movement is there from March til TC with these deals?

2. What is the usual hangup on these deals? Language? GTD $? Length? Etc...

3. Who usually budges the most between team/agent?

Again not expecting specific details or anything but some kind of info would be nice

Signs indicate KS may be switching to a pass heavier scheme because he trusts Purdy

League rules favor passing offense

Running may catch teams off guard and help against certain opponents but the NFL wants high scoring games

We are going to have potentially 5 quality starting WR this year

Offense should be wide open
I was hoping Jefferson would hold out until week 3.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I was thinking about this for a while. However earlier this week it had me wanting to ask AB if his "source" could shine some insight on this. But I couldn't find his post about his source to ask it. So DAMN IT! I'm asking it here.

AB, does your source has any insight on these "hold out/in" deals we do at the last minute? I don't expect him/her to get into specifics per se but..

1. How much movement is there from March til TC with these deals?

2. What is the usual hangup on these deals? Language? GTD $? Length? Etc...

3. Who usually budges the most between team/agent?

Again not expecting specific details or anything but some kind of info would be nice

Try pm'ing him.

• kray28
  • Veteran
We always seem to overpay the wrong guys.
Originally posted by kray28:
We always seem to overpay the wrong guys.

Not really, our players we seem to pay the right guys whether they're injured that's a different story but even Deebo who many have start ripping don't realize that when he's on he literally takes a game over look at the Philly game. And the fact he's a major cog to Kyle's offense and play calling. It's the FA just like every team is a major risk because you don't know if he's going to mail it in after the pay day or you fail to see if he fits the system or not. Every top end guy that we developed are A listers and deserved to get paid
I'm really concerned about the rapid escalation of salaries. It's not just the QBs anymore.. WRs and tackles. Pass rushers. Eventually LBs and DBs are going to want more. I know the NFL owners are loaded but it seems that eventually they're going to hit a limit. The only thing they can is to quit raising the salary cap. Then teams will be forced to be a little more judicious about what they're paying. The other option is do away with the cap and let the teams run wild. Right now it looks like agents are playing a game of can you top this. The contracts aren't just going up a little. They're taking huge jumps.

Eventually the fans will pay through higher ticket prices and higher media subscription prices.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm really concerned about the rapid escalation of salaries. It's not just the QBs anymore.. WRs and tackles. Pass rushers. Eventually LBs and DBs are going to want more. I know the NFL owners are loaded but it seems that eventually they're going to hit a limit. The only thing they can is to quit raising the salary cap. Then teams will be forced to be a little more judicious about what they're paying. The other option is do away with the cap and let the teams run wild. Right now it looks like agents are playing a game of can you top this. The contracts aren't just going up a little. They're taking huge jumps.

Eventually the fans will pay through higher ticket prices and higher media subscription prices.

It's just typical year on year NFL salary inflation.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Signs indicate KS may be switching to a pass heavier scheme because he trusts Purdy

League rules favor passing offense

Running may catch teams off guard and help against certain opponents but the NFL wants high scoring games

We are going to have potentially 5 quality starting WR this year

Offense should be wide open

Won't matter if our QB is on the ground
Share 49ersWebzone