LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 250 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm really concerned about the rapid escalation of salaries. It's not just the QBs anymore.. WRs and tackles. Pass rushers. Eventually LBs and DBs are going to want more. I know the NFL owners are loaded but it seems that eventually they're going to hit a limit. The only thing they can is to quit raising the salary cap. Then teams will be forced to be a little more judicious about what they're paying. The other option is do away with the cap and let the teams run wild. Right now it looks like agents are playing a game of can you top this. The contracts aren't just going up a little. They're taking huge jumps.

Eventually the fans will pay through higher ticket prices and higher media subscription prices.

the salary cap is baked into the CBA by giving the players a certain percentage of the revenue.
I'm really concerned about the rapid escalation of salaries. It's not just the QBs anymore.. WRs and tackles. Pass rushers. Eventually LBs and DBs are going to want more. I know the NFL owners are loaded but it seems that eventually they're going to hit a limit. The only thing they can is to quit raising the salary cap. Then teams will be forced to be a little more judicious about what they're paying. The other option is do away with the cap and let the teams run wild. Right now it looks like agents are playing a game of can you top this. The contracts aren't just going up a little. They're taking huge jumps.

Eventually the fans will pay through higher ticket prices and higher media subscription prices.

It's not coming out of my pocket so I don't care what the team pays the positions in that regard; however, select groups do hinder what a team can afford to pay other groups and this is always the balancing act of who to pay.

You are spot on about the player's looking across the locker room and once a DE, RB, QB, WR etc is paid big bucks it's natural for a LB or CB,and other positions to think I contribute to wins just like him,I need a bigger slice of the pie.

I am surprised the FO has managed to hold the core together as long as they have because with more success makes guys feel like they deserve more,more,more.
This is what happened to Seattle and their Legion of Doom, key guys thought each deserved to be the highest paid and left in FA.

Can't blame the player's for wanting the max pay they can get. Ask yourself, would you rather have an extra 10,14,21+ mil in the bank or a SB ring?
As a fan we want the ring but if I was a player I'd take the cash. Not many will remember if you won a ring(s) or not 5,10+ years down the road.

Fans can control ticket prices,jerseys,tv subscriptions ,to a degree. Stop buying tickets,merchandise and subscriptions, simple supply and demand economics. I love watching the 49ers play but I don't buy merchandise, subscriptions or tickets just so it makes a billionaire richer. Most fans are willing to pay for these things and the reason prices, salaries and owner's net worth keep skyrocketing.
Were getting priced out with these contracts.
Justin Jefferson's contract is staggering.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Were getting priced out with these contracts.

I really dont see how. JJ is at the top of the WR pyramid, so I am not sure how him having a huge contract changes for the guy at the top changes anything for guys a tier or more below him.
All WR gonna want JJ money now.

Egos runnin wild.
should of signed him in April, Aiyuk is solid but im not sure i want 30mil a year tied up oh him
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Justin Jefferson's contract is staggering.

making a wr the highest paid non qb was kinda dumb, but to each their own, IMO. I think they did it to help JJ get developed while he's on the rookie deal but I would rather of traded him for assets. WR isn't that vital to where they get bosa money.
Yeah, in this business, it is like sharks on blood in the ocean.

Once one WR gets big $$$$$$

They all assume they deserve it.
Yeah, in this business, it is like sharks on blood in the ocean.

Once one WR gets big $$$$$$

They all assume they deserve it.

The tough part is that Aiyuk deserves a sweet pay day. Just idk if the team can afford $25M a year to him but it all depends on the structure

pound for pound, I think Aiyuk is one of the best overall WR in the league. Dependable, really good hands and routes, excellent blocker, not selfish. Just an awesome player to have. I really hope we can figure it out and will.

We are living in a fantasy world now.

$$$$$$ and crazy egos.
Just give Aiyuk 27-28 mil per year with 50-60 mil guaranteed and call it a day
Originally posted by tankle104:
making a wr the highest paid non qb was kinda dumb, but to each their own, IMO. I think they did it to help JJ get developed while he's on the rookie deal but I would rather of traded him for assets. WR isn't that vital to where they get bosa money.

If you don't have great WRs then you must have BOTH an elite QB and elite defense. That's the only reason the chiefs won despite having trash at WR. If you trot out the patriots WRs (for example) we aren't playing in the sb and it's unlikely we win even 1 playoff game. Or make the playoffs period!

To me it's crazy to think you can just roll out any WR off the streets. You have to pay good skill position players
All WR gonna want JJ money now.

Egos runnin wild.

And none will get that only Chase has a legit reason to ask for that. These guys can ask for trades and they still won't get that from other teams
Originally posted by LundyLove:

the salary cap is baked into the CBA by giving the players a certain percentage of the revenue.

That doesn't prevent teams from raising prices for tickets. Streaming services will continue to raise their rates as well. As far as the players share goes that can be changed through negotiation. The CBA runs until March 2031. By then we can only imagine what salaries will look like. One thing is certain. Richpeople always want more.
Share 49ersWebzone