LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 243 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If he thinks he's getting Justin Jefferson money well I guess see ya later dude
There is no way they value Aiyuk higher than CMC. They might be stuck on this one.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If he thinks he's getting Justin Jefferson money well I guess see ya later dude

I hope Aiyuk isn't that delusional because he won't get that even if he's traded by his new team
If Aiyuk or his agent even mention Jefferson's contract, I'm good with putting him on a plane to Pittsburgh for Minkah Fitzpatrick and a draft pick. Let him go from crying about "just wanting to be a champion" to crying about missing the playoffs. That Jefferson contract may be the dumbest one in NFL history, and the Vikings wonder why they haven't been to the Super Bowl in almost 50 years.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Justin Jefferson's contract is staggering.

making a wr the highest paid non qb was kinda dumb, but to each their own, IMO. I think they did it to help JJ get developed while he's on the rookie deal but I would rather of traded him for assets. WR isn't that vital to where they get bosa money.

Well it's the Vikings - the same franchise that gave the Cowboys 3 Super Bowl wins in a trade for a running back...
I just wish players would value winning more. JJ getting 35 is great for him, but he'll never win anything with Vikings. Take less, win more. Then again it's easy for me to say.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
I just wish players would value winning more. JJ getting 35 is great for him, but he'll never win anything with Vikings. Take less, win more. Then again it's easy for me to say.

It's the Vikings his best chance at winning a ring is to struggle with JJ/Darnold for the next 2-3 years. Then get traded to the Bengals and hope the Burrow, Chase and JJ connection can bring a ring to Cinci. Or just get traded to the Chiefs
I think a deal gets done within a week. The CMC extension opened up an additional $8M this year and next and they were already $25M under.

Obviously I'm not in the know and don't rub elbows with the front office, just my opinion.
This situation is getting slightly annoying. Lol

110 mil guaranteed for JJ lol. But they have Sam Darnold though lol (good but not great). I would only pay Jerry Rice that.
Originally posted by Montana:
This situation is getting slightly annoying. Lol

110 mil guaranteed for JJ lol. But they have Sam Darnold though lol (good but not great). I would only pay Jerry Rice that.

Good is a stretch to say about Darnold. But who knows maybe he'll win CPOY

• 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think a deal gets done within a week. The CMC extension opened up an additional $8M this year and next and they were already $25M under.

Obviously I'm not in the know and don't rub elbows with the front office, just my opinion.

I agree that IMO reading tea leaves the Aiyuk situation is the elephant in the room, you don't do the Jennings and CMC deals right now without some idea of how it effects the BA deal, I.e. FO still feels good about it getting done
Originally posted by btthepunk:

You think they'll front load a bit to get him to the number? Makes sense

I really just want it done asap with Aiyuk in camp with no distractions. That bosa crap was dumb.
my 2 cents, give him around what DET gave St Brown, which isn't wild considering the guaranteed money and structure. If he takes it, cool, if not, see how he plays this year on 5th year, see how Slick Rick plays, and decide on Aiyuk next March after we win the Lombardi Trophy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal1632:
There is no way they value Aiyuk higher than CMC. They might be stuck on this one.
I dunno....

The franchise tag (if they have to go that route) is kind of the soft ceiling of BA's contact talks. Considering AB81's cap analysis (on his official thread) I agree with him - this helps getting BA signed. I think this makes it more likely BA will be signed. We shall see.
We're keeping BA. I just can't imagine that Kyle got BA to be the WR he envisioned when we drafted him and after what we saw happen in the SB that BA would be the guy who we let walk out the door.

I love Deebo, I think he's a tone setter for us BUT if we believe Brock is our guy and I'm pretty sure we do, then we need to surround him with the best guys in the passing game. Aiyuk is a better WR than Deebo. Get BA signed, go all in on this season and hopefully send Deebo to another team with a ring for his efforts after this season is over.
Share 49ersWebzone