LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 216 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is what happens when you change the rules to favor the passing game. If your gonna be a passing league you can't just reward the thrower, you also have to reward the catcher. All of this while undervaluing the runner.

The problem is todays NFL also runs the college style spread offense which requires multiple receivers on the field at the same time. So now its like teams are paying 3-4 QB's at the same time.

I don't see how you can throw the ball without playmakers at the receiver position so this is going to be interesting. Imagine what Rice/Stokes/T.O or Reed/Carter/Moss would have cost in today's NFL!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
We're keeping BA. I just can't imagine that Kyle got BA to be the WR he envisioned when we drafted him and after what we saw happen in the SB that BA would be the guy who we let walk out the door.

I love Deebo, I think he's a tone setter for us BUT if we believe Brock is our guy and I'm pretty sure we do, then we need to surround him with the best guys in the passing game. Aiyuk is a better WR than Deebo. Get BA signed, go all in on this season and hopefully send Deebo to another team with a ring for his efforts after this season is over.

Agree Aiyuk was better than Deebo as a WR last year, but that was *last year.* I think reports from camp this year generally speak of Deebo a bit slimmer and he's working hard at being a great Wide Reciever Back. I think Deebo can get better from last year and it's my hope he can polish his routes up and be more Aiyuk-like in mind melding with Brock on those passing routes.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
We're keeping BA. I just can't imagine that Kyle got BA to be the WR he envisioned when we drafted him and after what we saw happen in the SB that BA would be the guy who we let walk out the door.

I love Deebo, I think he's a tone setter for us BUT if we believe Brock is our guy and I'm pretty sure we do, then we need to surround him with the best guys in the passing game. Aiyuk is a better WR than Deebo. Get BA signed, go all in on this season and hopefully send Deebo to another team with a ring for his efforts after this season is over.

Agree Aiyuk was better than Deebo as a WR last year, but that was *last year.* I think reports from camp this year generally speak of Deebo a bit slimmer and he's working hard at being a great Wide Reciever Back. I think Deebo can get better from last year and it's my hope he can polish his routes up and be more Aiyuk-like in mind melding with Brock on those passing routes.

Deebo a bit slimmer is a report from almost every camp he has been a part of. Lol. Must be rail thin by now
Originally posted by pd24:
Deebo a bit slimmer is a report from almost every camp he has been a part of. Lol. Must be rail thin by now

I like thick 2021 Deebo. That guy was a bowling ball with the ball in his hands and was a fearless RB from the backfield and the perimeter and he was a load to tackle with quick twitch and fast in a phone booth. He was breaking tackles and making DBs mess their pants
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I like thick 2021 Deebo. That guy was a bowling ball with the ball in his hands and was a fearless RB from the backfield and the perimeter and he was a load to tackle with quick twitch and fast in a phone booth. He was breaking tackles and making DBs mess their pants

I think he's going for better separation with route running/career longevity. Who can blame him?

I really want to hop on this site and see Aiyuk is signed.

I mean that's not really true. Most often it's Deebo looks chunky, not he lost weight
Originally posted by Giedi:

Deebo isn't a route runner

He is a hybrid RB/WR hybrid who uses speed rather than route running to get open.

Alyuk is a genuine WR.
I really don't feel the anxiety I felt in recent years we experienced with all the other free agent signings.i believe we'll have a really good team and will be contenders for the superbowl. Whether with BA or without we'll be good. What I worry about is the long seasons we have had in the previous years. I feel we'll easily win 11 or 12 games. Its going to be the chemistry, injuries and other factors as to whether we get number six.This is will be the last chance with this current group as the foundation is already being laid for the next superbowl window.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean that's not really true. Most often it's Deebo looks chunky, not he lost weight

Yeah, that's the report we got from Muschamp before we drafted him out of South Carolina.

He gets a lil bit tubbers.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Yeah, that's the report we got from Muschamp before we drafted him out of South Carolina.

Bro's playing for a new contract. We will hopefully get the best Deebo version this yr.

Originally posted by TyCore:

Bro's playing for a new contract. We will hopefully get the best Deebo version this yr.

Yup. He's on that, last big contract of my career season now.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Im starting to lean towards letting him play out his fifth year if they can't both come close to a fair deal.
Give him that deal

We need BA to win the Superbowl.
Give him that deal

Whosyomomma should stick to fantasy football commercials
Share 49ersWebzone