LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 225 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Give him that deal

If this is the truth it makes me want to slap the FO. Seems very reasonable to me.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by genus49:
We're keeping BA. I just can't imagine that Kyle got BA to be the WR he envisioned when we drafted him and after what we saw happen in the SB that BA would be the guy who we let walk out the door.

I love Deebo, I think he's a tone setter for us BUT if we believe Brock is our guy and I'm pretty sure we do, then we need to surround him with the best guys in the passing game. Aiyuk is a better WR than Deebo. Get BA signed, go all in on this season and hopefully send Deebo to another team with a ring for his efforts after this season is over.

Agree Aiyuk was better than Deebo as a WR last year, but that was *last year.* I think reports from camp this year generally speak of Deebo a bit slimmer and he's working hard at being a great Wide Reciever Back. I think Deebo can get better from last year and it's my hope he can polish his routes up and be more Aiyuk-like in mind melding with Brock on those passing routes.

Aiyuk isn't in camp this year so you don't get a comparison of the two. We all heard the talk of Aiyuk last two camps and the hype matched the output on the field.

Deebo being slimmer is great but it won't magically make him better vs press, it's just not a strength of his...his strength is a strength of his lol. Him being slimmer may actually be a worse thing for the type of game he plays. Deebo is not the worst at route running but it's hard to imagine that in a few months he'd suddenly become a much better route runner than he has been for his whole career so far.

Honestly I feel like Aiyuk hasn't even really scratched the surface. Our RB room looks great right now. As dangerous as Deebo is running the ball it's not a necessity that it was in 21. Great to have of course but if we're keeping one long term it needs to be Aiyuk.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If this is the truth it makes me want to slap the FO. Seems very reasonable to me.

What's reasonable is wanting to keep Aiyuk at a price they deem fair for him, the organization, the players, and the future plans of the franchise.

49ers also hold all the leverage.
Aiyuk has missed OTAs & minicamp, big deal. 49ers have shown they get their guys signed with the exception of Buckner. I'll start to worry when we are a week away from week 1, if it even gets to that point. With all the talent the 49ers have, they can probably beat most teams in the regular season without Aiyuk. It's honestly the playoffs when we will truly need him the most.
I don't know why the pundits do this every year; it's like they forget when SF signs people. We lock them down in training camp. Not worried at this point
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Well it's the Vikings - the same franchise that gave the Cowboys 3 Super Bowl wins in a trade for a running back...
as I remember it...they took out the 49ers in the playoffs in 87, thought they were legit Super Bowl contenders, then 49ers took them out the next year and they freaked out and traded the farm for Walker.

it was 3 firsts, 3 seconds, and a 3rd or maybe it was 2 3rds... so something really close to that.....It might have been only one 3rd....plus some players...one being a super legit CB in Issac Holt. Injury later derailed his career...but this dude was a border line pro-bowler early on..I think he had like 8 ints in 87 and pretty much shut Jerry Rice down in that playoff loss..Jerry had like 3 catches for 20 or 30 yards that game. Holt was the real deal....if we dropped him on this 49er team we would be winning super bowls.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Give him that deal

It's BA's WR coach not his agent saying it though. So I'd take that with a grain of salt.
Give him that deal

Reality is, no he wouldn't be in camp. If he can get $30m today, he can get more later by waiting.

Here's the fact of the matter. He's under contract for $14.1m this year, which is perhaps $15m under market, a tag the next year wouldn't be significantly higher than $30m, and even a three year total with 2 tags wouldn't exceed the $30m average, and it would shift the injury risk off of the team, and Aiyuk wouldn't be watching his signing bonus earning millions. He can't sit out without losing the year and a ton of money. He can't sit out games without losing a ton of money he can never get back on a potential incremental increase. The Niners are Really going to have other needs next year to keep this SB window open.

Pay the man a fair salary. Hell, even pay him $30m a year if you want to, but time the offer at crunch time when he has to take it or eat a loss. There is a reason the team has patience.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Give him that deal

Reality is, no he wouldn't be in camp. If he can get $30m today, he can get more later by waiting.

Here's the fact of the matter. He's under contract for $14.1m this year, which is perhaps $15m under market, a tag the next year wouldn't be significantly higher than $30m, and even a three year total with 2 tags wouldn't exceed the $30m average, and it would shift the injury risk off of the team, and Aiyuk wouldn't be watching his signing bonus earning millions. He can't sit out without losing the year and a ton of money. He can't sit out games without losing a ton of money he can never get back on a potential incremental increase. The Niners are Really going to have other needs next year to keep this SB window open.

Pay the man a fair salary. Hell, even pay him $30m a year if you want to, but time the offer at crunch time when he has to take it or eat a loss. There is a reason the team has patience.

Yes pay the man. The connection he and Brock have is legit and we gotta keep it going, even with the new additions.

We saw our weaknesses in the SB, cannot lose our best player vs press even if we believe Pearsall and Cowing can help us there. They're still rookies no matter how good they look with shorts on, it's not real football.

Also I know everyone is afraid of what happens when we pay Brock but once you get a young QB, even at the higher contract $s you can massage the cap pretty well. I think Brock is legit enough where we won't hurt ourselves by doing that. Give him one of his top guys who is still very young and just starting to scratch his potential.

We rewarded CMC for his work last year. We're not in the SB without BA. Pay him and let's win the whole damn thing!
TJ Whosyourmama needs to stfu. He's making the situation worse

Originally posted by Silky:

I can almost guarantee he is saying it at the behest of aiyuk
Originally posted by Silky:

This. Remember all of Deebo's side crew that made everything worse. This FO is fair to the players, they wait till every other deal has been made and then try to slot them in. NO ONE outside of BA and his agent have anything useful to listen to, its just noise pollution. Happens every offseason when former players or agents or FO wannabes want to stay relevant and act like they know something no one else does.

I havent talked to him in a while but let me insert myself...
Originally posted by genus49:
Give him that deal

Yes pay the man. The connection he and Brock have is legit and we gotta keep it going, even with the new additions.

We saw our weaknesses in the SB, cannot lose our best player vs press even if we believe Pearsall and Cowing can help us there. They're still rookies no matter how good they look with shorts on, it's not real football.

Also I know everyone is afraid of what happens when we pay Brock but once you get a young QB, even at the higher contract $s you can massage the cap pretty well. I think Brock is legit enough where we won't hurt ourselves by doing that. Give him one of his top guys who is still very young and just starting to scratch his potential.

We rewarded CMC for his work last year. We're not in the SB without BA. Pay him and let's win the whole damn thing!

CMC is the best there is. We will keep it going. We are not going to "lose our best player vs press". There is no doubt in my mind, because We have the leverage, not him. I agree he is extremely valuable to us, but he is not the best there is, and we will not pretend that he is in his contract, because doing so is detrimental to the cause of VI. The team knows that, whether emotional fans do or not.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jun 7, 2024 at 12:42 PM ]
These holdoutsare happening more nd more as player and the agents try to squeeze the most out of teams. They nearly alwys end uo signing with their team.
CMC is the best there is. We will keep it going. We are not going to "lose our best player vs press". There is no doubt in my mind, because We have the leverage, not him. I agree he is extremely valuable to us, but he is not the best there is, and we will not pretend that he is in his contract, because doing so is detrimental to the cause of VI. The team knows that, whether emotional fans do or not.

Yea CMC is one of one and Aiyuk is AllPro but yet not one of one so he will be paid like a top five but not as JJ
Share 49ersWebzone