LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 246 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm a big Aiyuk fan and hope we keep him but it does seem like to me that the team is preparing for life without him. Like a trade. I'm not saying it's going to happen but they've set themselves up to do it.

id like to pay Aiyuk and think he's a stud but im curious how this plays out.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Silky:
TJ Whosyourmama needs to stfu. He's making the situation worse

I can almost guarantee he is saying it at the behest of aiyuk

That's my thought and I don't fault him for it. Hes doing what he believes is best for aiyuk, like he should.

Aiyuk does deserve a nice pay day. It's just a matter of making the structure fit with what our future plans are.
Seriously, I think the 49ers needed to free up cap space along with planning out next years situation to get this deal done, which is going to happen the week leading up to TC and BA is going to be just fine The 9ers front office is playing chess while the other teams are playing checkers
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersporvida:
Seriously, I think the 49ers needed to free up cap space along with planning out next years situation to get this deal done, which is going to happen the week leading up to TC and BA is going to be just fine The 9ers front office is playing chess while the other teams are playing checkers

This feels like checkers.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If this is the truth it makes me want to slap the FO. Seems very reasonable to me.

What's reasonable is wanting to keep Aiyuk at a price they deem fair for him, the organization, the players, and the future plans of the franchise.

49ers also hold all the leverage.

LMAO this FO does literally no wrong to people on here. It's wild.
The problem I have with Deebo and BA is them airing their grievance publicly. If you want to hold out then hold out. Lay off all the childish emojis, BS trade demands and fake reasons and what not and just stay away from camp.

man, the Stanley cup is so much better than nba playoffs.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
If this is the truth it makes me want to slap the FO. Seems very reasonable to me.

What's reasonable is wanting to keep Aiyuk at a price they deem fair for him, the organization, the players, and the future plans of the franchise.

Imagine b***hing about the best overall roster in the NFL for the past several years. So stupid LMAO. Children
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm a big Aiyuk fan and hope we keep him but it does seem like to me that the team is preparing for life without him. Like a trade. I'm not saying it's going to happen but they've set themselves up to do it.

That's not hard. We have All the leverage, with him playing for $14.1m this year if he doesn't come to terms and then 2 tag years that will still total well below what we will be offering him. Brandon has no leverage. He will sign whatever we will be willing to pay, which will be dictated more by the appearance of fairness than necessity, but he'll wait for the season to be upon him first for him to accept there is no better way for him. Take the bag, and put it in treasuries and the S&P, and watch it grow at least $2m/year, no injury worries, and go earn your next contract with a great supporting cast and a ring or two. He beats man coverage. He can't get away. We'll keep him.

Deebo will be a cap casualty next year, but we'll let him go this year for a decent first if we stay healthy.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jun 7, 2024 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Imagine b***hing about the best overall roster in the NFL for the past several years. So stupid LMAO. Children

I agree, but how is the best roster not the superbowl champions.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Because our Head Coach decided he didn't want the first opportunity to win the game in OT. He wanted Reed and Mahomes to have it, and they took it, and then he never got one. No chance.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jun 7, 2024 at 8:28 PM ]

Originally posted by BOI49er:

That's not hard. We have All the leverage, with him playing for $14.1m this year if he doesn't come to terms and then 2 tag years that will still total well below what we will be offering him. Brandon has no leverage. He will sign whatever we will be willing to pay, which will be dictated more by the appearance of fairness than necessity, but he'll wait for the season to be upon him first for him to accept there is no better way for him. Take the bag, and put it in treasuries and the S&P, and watch it grow at least $2m/year, no injury worries, and go earn your next contract with a great supporting cast and a ring or two. He beats man coverage. He can't get away. We'll keep him.

Deebo will be a cap casualty next year, but we'll let him go this year for a decent first if we stay healthy.

What I meant is I'm curious if we end up trading him or resigning him. Obviously we hold all the leverage. I'm not a fan of having a pissed off player playing on a one year deal and unhappy with where they are (if we force him to play on his fifth year option).

so I view it as we will either resign him or trade him. Personally I think we resign him but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we trade him either - especially if someone loses a WR in training camp or a team wants to beef up their WR room.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

Because having the best roster and having the best player in the nfl are two different things. It also doesn't mean we have the best coaches/coordinstors. Mahommes and Chris jones are the best at what they do, and coupled with HOF coaches at HC/OC & DC.

Just cause we have the best overall roster, doesn't mean others don't have awesome rosters too. This isn't fantasy football. Football has an insane amount of variables that determine the outcome of a game.

What I meant is I'm curious if we end up trading him or resigning him. Obviously we hold all the leverage. I'm not a fan of having a pissed off player playing on a one year deal and unhappy with where they are (if we force him to play on his fifth year option).

so I view it as we will either resign him or trade him. Personally I think we resign him but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we trade him either - especially if someone loses a WR in training camp or a team wants to beef up their WR room.

I think you miss what I'm saying. He will not choose to play on the fifth year option, pissed off or otherwise. To force him to would be to not put an offer on the table. No way he can Ever make up what he will lose doing that, not even counting the fact that he's taking the injury risk, and no huge signing bonus in the bank, and a three year horizon to ever get free. He'd have to be stupid as lint to do that. He doesn't hate his team or his teammates. I know, we've see really stupid behavior in the NFL before with the likes of Antonio Brown and others, who irrationally hate everyone, but that's not Brandon, or we'd of seen inklings of it by now.

The answer is we will resign him.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jun 7, 2024 at 7:07 PM ]

I think you miss what I'm saying. He will not choose to play on the fifth year option, pissed off or otherwise. To force him to would be to not put an offer on the table. No way he can Ever make up what he will lose doing that, not even counting the fact that he's taking the injury risk, and no huge signing bonus in the bank, and a three year horizon to ever get free. He'd have to be stupid as lint to do that. He doesn't hate his team or his teammates. I know, we've see really stupid behavior in the NFL before with the likes of Antonio Brown and others, who irrationally hate everyone, but that's not Brandon, or we'd of seen inklings of it by now.

Lol I'm not debating with you on who has leverage etc. I'm saying the team has put them selves in excellent position to be able to trade him for assets instead and it most likely not be a major drop off for the offense.

maybe Pearsall and cowing continue to impress during training camp and Kyle thinks he would rather have that salary cap space for others and would rather move Aiyuk. Who knows.

the longer this drags on, things can change. I think Aiyuk is an excellent player. I hope we resign him but I said I was curious how it plays out because things change. This isn't like the Deebo or Bosa situation where we are separate for them.

if he's asking for anything close to what Jefferson got, which is a huge amount more than the rest of the WRs, I'd trade him I just think this situation is pretty far from resolving and it's different than past situations when we were in a stalemate with our guys.

I could be wrong. Who knows. Only time will tell

Lol I'm not debating with you on who has leverage etc. I'm saying the team has put them selves in excellent position to be able to trade him for assets instead and it most likely not be a major drop off for the offense.

maybe Pearsall and cowing continue to impress during training camp and Kyle thinks he would rather have that salary cap space for others and would rather move Aiyuk. Who knows.

the longer this drags on, things can change. I think Aiyuk is an excellent player. I hope we resign him but I said I was curious how it plays out because things change. This isn't like the Deebo or Bosa situation where we are separate for th
if he's asking for anything close to what Jefferson got, which is a huge amount more than the rest of the WRs, I'd trade him I just think this situation is pretty far from resolving and it's different than past situations when we were in a stalemate with our guys.

I could be wrong. Who knows. Only time will tell

We have him under current contract at $14.1m this year. There is no way that's not a great deal for us, and that should end talk of trading him right there. It's Aiyuk, not us, that will decide to take another path. And really, we get to set the price under that leverage and the tags. What he's asking for really doesn't matter. IMO, the only constraints on us is that it strikes players and the league as reasonable, because we do need to protect our image and reputation, but that means that we don't have to cave or trade him if he's asking for anything close to what Jefferson got.
Share 49ersWebzone