LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 203 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I agree, but how is the best roster not the superbowl champions.

We got Tay-sered
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm a big Aiyuk fan and hope we keep him but it does seem like to me that the team is preparing for life without him. Like a trade. I'm not saying it's going to happen but they've set themselves up to do it.

id like to pay Aiyuk and think he's a stud but im curious how this plays out.

Disagree there…they don't have a guy on the roster that can play split end. They're preparing for life after Deebo.
Lol I'm not debating with you on who has leverage etc. I'm saying the team has put them selves in excellent position to be able to trade him for assets instead and it most likely not be a major drop off for the offense.

maybe Pearsall and cowing continue to impress during training camp and Kyle thinks he would rather have that salary cap space for others and would rather move Aiyuk. Who knows.

the longer this drags on, things can change. I think Aiyuk is an excellent player. I hope we resign him but I said I was curious how it plays out because things change. This isn't like the Deebo or Bosa situation where we are separate for them.

if he's asking for anything close to what Jefferson got, which is a huge amount more than the rest of the WRs, I'd trade him I just think this situation is pretty far from resolving and it's different than past situations when we were in a stalemate with our guys.

I could be wrong. Who knows. Only time will tell

I think you're wrong. Also what JJ got is irrelevant he's not in the same class and will never sniff what JJ got in FGTD cash. It was such an outlier at the position….there isn't a team in the league that will pay him that type of cash.

TJ brought up the St Brown deal because once you polish off all the fake gold in that deal…it's actually a fair deal and more to what he should be getting.
Originally posted by derrickt:
The problem I have with Deebo and BA is them airing their grievance publicly. If you want to hold out then hold out. Lay off all the childish emojis, BS trade demands and fake reasons and what not and just stay away from camp.

This, if you want to say something public, say i will not be reporting to camp without a new contract. Or this is a complicated process and i do not want it looming over my head while trying to put in work.

I am surprised more players don't say something like see you week 10(ish) or report and have calf tightness or something.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I agree, but how is the best roster not the superbowl champions.
That's not how sports work
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BOI49er:
I'm a big Aiyuk fan and hope we keep him but it does seem like to me that the team is preparing for life without him. Like a trade. I'm not saying it's going to happen but they've set themselves up to do it.

id like to pay Aiyuk and think he's a stud but im curious how this plays out.

That's not hard. We have All the leverage, with him playing for $14.1m this year if he doesn't come to terms and then 2 tag years that will still total well below what we will be offering him. Brandon has no leverage. He will sign whatever we will be willing to pay, which will be dictated more by the appearance of fairness than necessity, but he'll wait for the season to be upon him first for him to accept there is no better way for him. Take the bag, and put it in treasuries and the S&P, and watch it grow at least $2m/year, no injury worries, and go earn your next contract with a great supporting cast and a ring or two. He beats man coverage. He can't get away. We'll keep him.

Deebo will be a cap casualty next year, but we'll let him go this year for a decent first if we stay healthy.

What I meant is I'm curious if we end up trading him or resigning him. Obviously we hold all the leverage. I'm not a fan of having a pissed off player playing on a one year deal and unhappy with where they are (if we force him to play on his fifth year option).

so I view it as we will either resign him or trade him. Personally I think we resign him but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we trade him either - especially if someone loses a WR in training camp or a team wants to beef up their WR room.

I think you miss what I'm saying. He will not choose to play on the fifth year option, pissed off or otherwise. To force him to would be to not put an offer on the table. No way he can Ever make up what he will lose doing that, not even counting the fact that he's taking the injury risk, and no huge signing bonus in the bank, and a three year horizon to ever get free. He'd have to be stupid as lint to do that. He doesn't hate his team or his teammates. I know, we've see really stupid behavior in the NFL before with the likes of Antonio Brown and others, who irrationally hate everyone, but that's not Brandon, or we'd of seen inklings of it by now.

The answer is we will resign him.

Lol I'm not debating with you on who has leverage etc. I'm saying the team has put them selves in excellent position to be able to trade him for assets instead and it most likely not be a major drop off for the offense.

maybe Pearsall and cowing continue to impress during training camp and Kyle thinks he would rather have that salary cap space for others and would rather move Aiyuk. Who knows.

the longer this drags on, things can change. I think Aiyuk is an excellent player. I hope we resign him but I said I was curious how it plays out because things change. This isn't like the Deebo or Bosa situation where we are separate for th
if he's asking for anything close to what Jefferson got, which is a huge amount more than the rest of the WRs, I'd trade him I just think this situation is pretty far from resolving and it's different than past situations when we were in a stalemate with our guys.

I could be wrong. Who knows. Only time will tell

We have him under current contract at $14.1m this year. There is no way that's not a great deal for us, and that should end talk of trading him right there. It's Aiyuk, not us, that will decide to take another path. And really, we get to set the price under that leverage and the tags. What he's asking for really doesn't matter. IMO, the only constraints on us is that it strikes players and the league as reasonable, because we do need to protect our image and reputation, but that means that we don't have to cave or trade him if he's asking for anything close to what Jefferson got.

I'm pretty confident that ShanaLynch will sign Aiyuk. There is cap space and AB81 said it's doable. Agree about not being able to keep Deebo in the long run if Purdy will sign a 2nd contract though.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm pretty confident that ShanaLynch will sign Aiyuk. There is cap space and AB81 said it's doable. Agree about not being able to keep Deebo in the long run if Purdy will sign a 2nd contract though.

I'm thinking that Deebo will more than likely be gone by this time next year.
Everything would feel so much better if we could actually didn't choke and won one of these SB's.
whatever this former agent Joel Corry basically said he thinks Aiyuk merits something comparable to what Jalen waddle just signed. About 28M apy w/ 77 or 78 million guaranteed. Niners probably only wanna give him about 2 million less than that. But if their offer is something close to that waddle deal and I was BA I would sign that MFer in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
whatever this former agent Joel Corry basically said he thinks Aiyuk merits something comparable to what Jalen waddle just signed. About 28M apy w/ 77 or 78 million guaranteed. Niners probably only wanna give him about 2 million less than that. But if their offer is something close to that waddle deal and I was BA I would sign that MFer in a heartbeat.

I can almost guarantee we are low balling him based on past history but whatever. Worrying or b***hing about it won't change anything so let's see what happens

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

I can almost guarantee we are low balling him based on past history but whatever. Worrying or b***hing about it won't change anything so let's see what happens

Past history? The team generally seem to me to be very fair. Obviously they can't just shovel cash at everyone, thanks to the salary cap.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Everything would feel so much better if we could actually didn't choke and won one of these SB's.

Yup
Originally posted by genus49:
Yes pay the man. The connection he and Brock have is legit and we gotta keep it going, even with the new additions.

We saw our weaknesses in the SB, cannot lose our best player vs press even if we believe Pearsall and Cowing can help us there. They're still rookies no matter how good they look with shorts on, it's not real football.

Also I know everyone is afraid of what happens when we pay Brock but once you get a young QB, even at the higher contract $s you can massage the cap pretty well. I think Brock is legit enough where we won't hurt ourselves by doing that. Give him one of his top guys who is still very young and just starting to scratch his potential.

We rewarded CMC for his work last year. We're not in the SB without BA. Pay him and let's win the whole damn thing!
As Jake Taylor in Major League would say…..Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do…….Win the whole f**king thing!
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
we don't think 3m more is a big deal, but if you think that way and do it for 5-10 players all of a sudden your spending 15-30m more a year.
I just read that the Steelers are still interested in trading for Brandon Ayuk so my question Is would you trade Brandon Ayuk for Broderick Jones straight up ? Or Pittsburgh ADDS a pick or a player like Keanu Benton ?
Share 49ersWebzone