LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 206 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerjok:
whatever this former agent Joel Corry basically said he thinks Aiyuk merits something comparable to what Jalen waddle just signed. About 28M apy w/ 77 or 78 million guaranteed. Niners probably only wanna give him about 2 million less than that. But if their offer is something close to that waddle deal and I was BA I would sign that MFer in a heartbeat.

Yeah, the market really spiked with some of these new deals. I think we wanted to pay more of $22-$24M a year and now it's gotta be near waddle (I could see him asking for more since Aiyuk has led the team in receptions etc the last two years and waddle is a #2).

I always feel like what holds up the deal is structure. The 49ers always want, and usually get, a very team friendly structure. Aiyuk might want something that offers him more protection, which is understandable. Thats just what I feel like usually holds up deals.
Originally posted by tankle104:
whatever this former agent Joel Corry basically said he thinks Aiyuk merits something comparable to what Jalen waddle just signed. About 28M apy w/ 77 or 78 million guaranteed. Niners probably only wanna give him about 2 million less than that. But if their offer is something close to that waddle deal and I was BA I would sign that MFer in a heartbeat.

Yeah, the market really spiked with some of these new deals. I think we wanted to pay more of $22-$24M a year and now it's gotta be near waddle (I could see him asking for more since Aiyuk has led the team in receptions etc the last two years and waddle is a #2).

I always feel like what holds up the deal is structure. The 49ers always want, and usually get, a very team friendly structure. Aiyuk might want something that offers him more protection, which is understandable. Thats just what I feel like usually holds up deals.

The way to get No protection is to not come to terms, and have to play on the fifth year on his contract for half his value, with no signing bonus and no guaranteed money after that, and then face two more tag years with again no payday and no future obligations. The only way to beat that for shooting yourself in the foot would be to sit out. He's gonna get in the high twenties imo.

If it's protection he wants, he has to let his lawyers work out the best deal they can, sign it, and go work on his next contract with a superb supporting cast, and add a ring or two. I gotta think that's what he's doing, and expect him to wait probably a bit too long to try to maximize it.

He's not a free agent. Life is the choices you make, not the best scenario you can imagine, and trying to force other people into doing what they do not want to do, when they do have the leverage.

OR, if Pearsall reaches the high end of my imagination, he will get his way......Naah.
OR, Kyle exercising a bit of tough love in Aiyuk's rookie year could be a source of friction between the two of them, exasperated by the minimal opportunities Aiyuk got in the SB. If Kyle doesn't like somebody, I think he Is capable of acting irrationally from a business perspective. Trading for Jefferson doesn't help keep this team together.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jun 9, 2024 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by BOI49er:
OR, Kyle exercising a bit of tough love in Aiyuk's rookie year could be a source of friction between the two of them, exasperated by the minimal opportunities Aiyuk got in the SB. If Kyle doesn't like somebody, I think he Is capable of acting irrationally from a business perspective. Trading for Jefferson doesn't help keep this team together.

Talking out of your ass.
Originally posted by Chance:

Talking out of your ass.

Yeah.
Originally posted by Chance:

Talking out of your ass.

Yeah.

Lol.

Originally posted by jersey49er:
I just read that the Steelers are still interested in trading for Brandon Ayuk so my question Is would you trade Brandon Ayuk for Broderick Jones straight up ? Or Pittsburgh ADDS a pick or a player like Keanu Benton ?

I like Jones man. I wouldn't be mad about it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If the offer is truly $26m then BA will be financially worse off by playing on the $14m 5th year option and hoping for a better deal next year.

He may get a better deal next offseason. But that delta in 2024 will never be recovered. The money lost will never come back to him.
Originally posted by okdkid:
If the offer is truly $26m then BA will be financially worse off by playing on the $14m 5th year option and hoping for a better deal next year.

He may get a better deal next offseason. But that delta in 2024 will never be recovered. The money lost will never come back to him.

I don't think that's necessarily true because another big season he can push for more guaranteed money which is the biggest holdup in negotiations.

Look at Arik Armstead. I'm pretty sure his APY didn't reflect how much money he actually got and his biggest APY improving seasons were ahead of him.

I do hope/think the deal will get done before training camp as it guarantees BA protection vs injury.
I just read that the Steelers are still interested in trading for Brandon Ayuk so my question Is would you trade Brandon Ayuk for Broderick Jones straight up ? Or Pittsburgh ADDS a pick or a player like Keanu Benton ?
Who's Broderick Jones lol

The OT Steelers drafted in the first round the year prior.

Originally posted by genus49:

Also...hell no. They would have to throw a pick in, at least a 2nd rounder IMO. If they're getting rid of an OT they took 14th overall after a year then something is off. We know why Aiyuk would be getting moved and it's not his ability to play his position in the NFL.

The OT Steelers drafted in the first round the

Well, a straight up trade for that is pretty dumb because we all know Shanny doesn't value offensive lineman for jacks**t lol.
I don't think that's necessarily true because another big season he can push for more guaranteed money which is the biggest holdup in negotiations.

Look at Arik Armstead. I'm pretty sure his APY didn't reflect how much money he actually got and his biggest APY improving seasons were ahead of him.

I do hope/think the deal will get done before training camp as it guarantees BA protection vs injury.

nah his will lose cash in the long haul, if he plays out his option. One yr later to signing his contract means one year later to getting that next contract with more FGTD cash.

folks gotta realize it's about that FGTD cash not the APY stuff. I get it's the easy way to discuss contracts, but it's factually not the best way to figure out who's getting paid what and how much.

That would be a horrible trade. Here's a top 10WR for a OT that was barely stable last yr.

what are we doing here people? Bro graded out worse than Colton last yr.

Also in what world is Pitt paying BA what he wants? They've never overpaid WRs. Not even AB, most times they traded WRs that wanted more cash…not traded for them.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 10, 2024 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

nah his will lose cash in the long haul, if he plays out his option. One yr later to signing his contract means one year later to getting that next contract with more FGTD cash.

folks gotta realize it's about that FGTD cash not the APY stuff. I get it's the easy way to discuss contracts, but it's factually not the best way to figure out who's getting paid what and how much.

Or Three years later, If he plays to expectations and If he stays healthy. If he doesn't, a bird in the hand would have been better than the bird that flew over the horizon forever.

We can push it, because he has no other rational options.
Share 49ersWebzone