LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 197 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't imagine a worse team to be playing hardball with. Not the star of the offense and the team already has your replacement on the roster.

and the T.Hill trade is proof of concept… don't have to overpay a star receiver to win a Super Bowl.

BA isn't going to get what he thinks he is worth.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Jun 11, 2024 at 4:21 PM ]
He will get close to it

And hopefully everybody walks away happy and ready to concentrate on this year.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I can't imagine a worse team to be playing hardball with. Not the star of the offense and the team already has your replacement on the roster.

and the T.Hill trade is proof of concept… don't have to overpay a star receiver to win a Super Bowl.

He will get what he thinks he's worth, and even more with the right buyer. There's always a desperate team willing to overpay.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

He will get what he thinks he's worth, and even more with the right buyer. There's always a desperate team willing to overpay.

With no guarantee and released 2 years later we see it happen all the time.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

?

When do we see this lol
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bassmanr:

?

When do we see this lol

Literally every big money deal the Niners do. It's always two years and then a bunch of team options.

Trent Williams was the exception. He was three years and a bunch of team options.
Love the kid and yes he is good BUT, the team offer at 26m is more than fair. His contract dispute is a distraction. He is not a top tier receiver yet. He is developing into one maybe…. Demanding top 5 money for top 10 play is not going to help anyone. I will miss him if he is traded but it might be in the teams best interest to move him out.
26 a year is more than fair but I would think the guaranteed money is the issue. That part we didn't hear about.
Originally posted by lamontb:
26 a year is more than fair but I would think the guaranteed money is the issue. That part we didn't hear about.

Given his track record, going up on guaranteed money should be okay. He is as reliable of a star player we've had since Buckner.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Given his track record, going up on guaranteed money should be okay. He is as reliable of a star player we've had since Buckner.

We traded Buckner... in hindsight should have traded Armstead instead. Think we trade Deebo after this season if not during if we want to keep Ayuik which we should he's developing into a #1 opposed to Deebo being a gadget

Originally posted by picklejuice:
if matt maiocco isn't confident then im not confident

I get the feeling that the front office may be speaking though Maiocco
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't understand these players that think $26 mil isn't enough. They want $30 mil. Why? Half of that goes to taxes so they end up with an extra $2 million per year. Is that going to make a difference in their life? What are they going to do with that extra money that they can't already do?
You don't understand it because you're viewing it via prism of a fan, not an employee.

True but that's part of the problem. Too many athletes these days seem more concerned about how much money they make and how it compares to other players. The good of the team is almost secondary. When they retire they'll remember a championship more than whether they earned more than another player.
Originally posted by Since07:
We traded Buckner... in hindsight should have traded Armstead instead. Think we trade Deebo after this season if not during if we want to keep Ayuik which we should he's developing into a #1 opposed to Deebo being a gadget

Different money for Buckner over Armstead. Buckner out-earned Armstead by 14M during the period 2020 - 2024. Might not seem much, but as an example that pays for CMC's contribution thus far (and change).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

That's exactly what I thought at the time. Armstead's contract year was really his only good one, and I thought he crashed down selfishly looking for the sac and not maintaining his edge contain responsibility Way too often. Buckner wanted more money, so I think that's what drove it, but it was a mistake.

I expect Aiyuk will want more than Deebo, so I'm hoping they don't make the same mistake. Fact of the matter is, what they want is irrelevant when you have a 5th year option and two years on the tag is not excessive.
Originally posted by joeknows:

Different money for Buckner over Armstead. Buckner out-earned Armstead by 14M during the period 2020 - 2024. Might not seem much, but as an example that pays for CMC's contribution thus far (and change).

We did not get value with Armstead given injuries and performance, and the Colts did get appropriate value.
Share 49ersWebzone