LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 215 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Since07:
I think Armstead did fine and lived up to his contract. He did miss some games but it wasn't like Dee Ford. We should look at that decision and make sure we value availability and consistency which Buckner was in spades. So far Ayuik has displayed the same we need to try and keep him even if it means letting Deebo or Kittle go

Extend Kittle and trade/cut Deebo next year.

This hurts but is the truth
I think Armstead did fine and lived up to his contract. He did miss some games but it wasn't like Dee Ford. We should look at that decision and make sure we value availability and consistency which Buckner was in spades. So far Ayuik has displayed the same we need to try and keep him even if it means letting Deebo or Kittle go

This. I'd rather keep Kittle and Aiyuk's future cap hit than lose Kittle.
Originally posted by BOI49er:

There's a way to keep all 3 IMO, without cutting anyone, requires low cap hits in first 2-3 yrs of their deals, ala CMC's deal.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

There's a way to keep all 3 IMO, without cutting anyone, requires low cap hits in first 2-3 yrs of their deals, ala CMC's deal.

If Deebo balls out like he looks he will with how committed he's looking barring injury it'll be hard justifying just cutting him. Even more so if finally this team pulls their heads out their asses and wins the big one in Feb. you know they'll wanna try their best to run it back.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If Deebo balls out like he looks he will with how committed he's looking barring injury it'll be hard justifying just cutting him. Even more so if finally this team pulls their heads out their asses and wins the big one in Feb. you know they'll wanna try their best to run it back.

I mean if he balls out, you have to give him an extension or trade him. He's only got one yr left on his deal.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I mean if he balls out, you have to give him an extension or trade him. He's only got one yr left on his deal.

Not sure someone that plays the way deebo does is ever worth any sort of long term deal. The playstyle that makes him great is also the playstyle that devalues his long term value, in my opinion. And, I'm not sure he'll ever be what he once was…. The mental/physical grind required to keep that pace is severe and not age-friendly
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Not sure someone that plays the way deebo does is ever worth any sort of long term deal. The playstyle that makes him great is also the playstyle that devalues his long term value, in my opinion. And, I'm not sure he'll ever be what he once was…. The mental/physical grind required to keep that pace is severe and not age-friendly

Yeah he plays with an aggressiveness that isn't for the long-term. I also don't know if other teams are gonna use him like a RB like we have.

he could end up like a Q type of WR who can crush zone coverages and get YAC.

im sure if he's a FA he will get some legit cash, its not gonna be what he already got here though. Sucks I love Deebo, he's a true threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and it's not based on pure speed. True dog and a vibe that any team could use.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 13, 2024 at 8:59 AM ]

I love how AB makes us feel warm and fuzzy. I hope they read what you say
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Yeah he plays with an aggressiveness that isn't for the long-term. I also don't know if other teams are gonna use him like a RB like we have.

he could end up like a Q type of WR who can crush zone coverages and get YAC.

im sure if he's a FA he will get some legit cash, its not gonna be what he already got here though. Sucks I love Deebo, he's a true threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and it's not based on pure speed. True dog and a vibe that any team could use.

Just wish that dog showed up in his blocking. Seeing his lack of downfield blocking compared to Aiyuk and Kittle is so disheartening. Like dude does realize on his house calls is cause 11 and 85 and blocking their asses off for him.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jun 13, 2024 at 9:34 AM ]
Looks like Aiyuk is playing hardball. Just wish we could meet BA in the middle and get this thing done for 28mm. If he balks at 28mm, then it's time to trade him. BA is my favorite player on the team but there is a line in the sand. I think BA wants 30mm and I highly doubt Niners go north of 28mm.

Come on BA, give the Niners a 2mm a year sweetheart deal and let's hammer this thing out!
[ Edited by bigpete50 on Jun 13, 2024 at 2:38 PM ]

Originally posted by joeknows:
We traded Buckner... in hindsight should have traded Armstead instead. Think we trade Deebo after this season if not during if we want to keep Ayuik which we should he's developing into a #1 opposed to Deebo being a gadget

Different money for Buckner over Armstead. Buckner out-earned Armstead by 14M during the period 2020 - 2024. Might not seem much, but as an example that pays for CMC's contribution thus far (and change).

We did not get value with Armstead given injuries and performance, and the Colts did get appropriate value.

I'm more bothered by what we did with the draft pick we got for Buckner than trading Buckner. Arnstead was solid, we were able to keep Jimmie Ward, and had a first round pick. They draft correctly and the whole trade is a homerun.
I think he will sign. Where else will he go? He's just trying to get the most he can get. There is a lot of back and forth. Remember Deebo seemed like he would never play here again. It usually works out in the end.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he will sign. Where else will he go? He's just trying to get the most he can get. There is a lot of back and forth. Remember Deebo seemed like he would never play here again. It usually works out in the end.

If we hang tough, his choices are down to signing, playing under the 5th year at $14.1m, or sitting out. If he sits out, he'd still need to come back for the last 6 games to accrue a year, so we'd still have him for the playoffs, but he'd be out most of his pay he could never get back, and that would be insanely stupid. Then we'd try again to sign him, or tag him. If he's tagged, it would start all over again, with a sign, play him under the tag, or trade him.

Yeah, I think he will sign.
Hard for me to blame Aiyuk here. Who is his agent and what is that agents reputation?

I say this because this FO is consistently the last minute to sign their players which tells me this is their doing, not his.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

I love how AB makes us feel warm and fuzzy. I hope they read what you say

Anytime lol, just had my surgery on my left hand for carpal tunnel, so it'll be one hand typing & pecking for me for 4-6 weeks, then 7-12 I go for my right hand lmao.
Share 49ersWebzone