LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 236 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He better get his *&^@% in here for training camp and at least be going through the mental reps.

Now is the time to grab the gold. We have to be a fine-tuned machine and hit the season nailing it. Opposing coordinators and their teams need to be soiling themselves when they think about playing us. Opposing teams need to freak out and do dumb stuff like Detroit did and like teams did against us in Bill's day.

There's NO room for that post-contract malaise (like with Smaller Bear). They win the Lombardi and they'll all be immortalized. What's a few stinkin' million now?
trade his ass for offensive linemen
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

I wouldn't be too upset about that. Love BA's skills but there are always other WRs
Originally posted by Montana:
I wouldn't be too upset about that. Love BA's skills but there are always other WRs

There are always other offensive linemen. And as the giants have proven, it doesn't matter how much you invest or how high you pick them, the vast majority will be failures. Just like WRs!

We have a really good wr and need to pay him. Not interested in trading for some olineman
Originally posted by frenchmov:

There are always other offensive linemen. And as the giants have proven, it doesn't matter how much you invest or how high you pick them, the vast majority will be failures. Just like WRs!

We have a really good wr and need to pay him. Not interested in trading for some olineman

BA isn't top of the WR market quality. Dudes good, but he's not in the Hill/Jefferson tier and can't expect that pay. If he does and won't budge I say the team sticks to their 26m offer, and tell him its either that or he can play his 5th year at 14m and prove he's worth the Hill/Jefferson kind of deal in 2025. If he balls out he gets that huge contract elsewhere and we get a 3rd rnd compensatory pick and an all pro year from a highly motivated WR we can't afford to keep.
Originally posted by WINiner:
BA isn't top of the WR market quality. Dudes good, but he's not in the Hill/Jefferson tier and can't expect that pay. If he does and won't budge I say the team sticks to their 26m offer, and tell him its either that or he can play his 5th year at 14m and prove he's worth the Hill/Jefferson kind of deal in 2025. If he balls out he gets that huge contract elsewhere and we get a 3rd rnd compensatory pick and an all pro year from a highly motivated WR we can't afford to keep.

Yeah but he's in the next tier. He is as good or better than Amon ra, and there's not even a talking discussion about injury prone waddle. So aiyuk should be getting, at minimum, what they are getting. And that's not what's being offered (we know this from houshmenzadas comments).

Anyhow, the other point was no, we shouldn't be trading him for some random offensive lineman
We've entered the trade Yuk part of the offseason I see.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Lol this happens every year. Jimmy g, Bosa, deebo, yuk, and so on. I'll take a contract negotiation as an off season issue over what other teams are currently dealing with.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 15, 2024 at 1:55 AM ]

If the Steelers want him bad enough then trade Tyler Fautanu for BA straight up. I can only imagine how good our inside/outside zone runs can be with Fuatanu and Puni on the right side.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

If the Steelers want him bad enough then trade Tyler Fautanu for BA straight up. I can only imagine how good our inside/outside zone runs can be with Fuatanu and Puni on the right side.

I'll just say it. This sounds like a terrible idea. This brings back nightmares of replacing Buckner with kinlaw. Kinlaw looked like a beast on paper but we already had a pro bowl player. So again trading a pro bowl player for a player good on paper. I would demand more from the Steelers.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Lol this happens every year. Jimmy g, Bosa, deebo, yuk, and so on. I'll take a contract negotiation as an off season issue over what other teams are currently dealing with.

Def a good problem to have.

I think aiyuk is awesome but I don't see him as a game changing player. I don't think teams worry about game planning for him like they do CMC, Deebo, Kittle. So I understand if we don't spend that time coin on him.

But our chances to win it all next year are better with him on the team. I'm fine if we trade him or sign him. I really like Pearsall and Cowing.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Def a good problem to have.

I think aiyuk is awesome but I don't see him as a game changing player. I don't think teams worry about game planning for him like they do CMC, Deebo, Kittle. So I understand if we don't spend that time coin on him.

But our chances to win it all next year are better with him on the team. I'm fine if we trade him or sign him. I really like Pearsall and Cowing.

That's kind of the point the frot office is making without actually saying it. With so many weapons, Aiyuk isn't the main focus like some receivers are on other teams. If he's not happy with $26 million or whatever they're offering then let him go to some team that isn't going to make the playoffs every year. Go get your stats and then sit home and watch the playoffs.
Originally posted by gored49:
I'll just say it. This sounds like a terrible idea. This brings back nightmares of replacing Buckner with kinlaw. Kinlaw looked like a beast on paper but we already had a pro bowl player. So again trading a pro bowl player for a player good on paper. I would demand more from the Steelers.

Aiyuk is good but nowhere near Buckner in terms of value. Fautanu is a straight up mauler and would greatly improve the only thing lacking in Shanahans offense, the 4 minute O that seals games.

You knew it was going to happen lol. It's fun.

You knew it was going to happen lol. It's fun.

I don't know if anyone would make an offer good enough for the 49ers but he's not indispensable. Not with the 2 young receivers they've added. Even if the 2 of them can only get 1/2 or 2/3 of the receptionsI don't thin it would make a lot of difference. They would probably just target Deebo, Kittle and CMC a little more to take up the slack.

I hope they sign him but don't overpay.
Share 49ersWebzone