LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 240 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
There's a rumor by MLFootball saying that 49ers and Browns are in talks to trade Aiyuk for Amari Cooper.

I don't buy it.

You mean the same guy that's currently holding out for more cash in Cleveland?!

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 17, 2024 at 10:49 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
There's a rumor by MLFootball saying that 49ers and Browns are in talks to trade Aiyuk for Amari Cooper.

I don't buy it.

Someone posted it on the Krueg show, just wondering how much truth to that.

I don't buy it.

I would throw up. I would rather have a 2025 2nd RD pick over 30 year old Amari Cooper. We are suppose to start getting younger, not older. I don't buy this report anyways, Makes no sense. Cooper's cap hit is over $23 Million this season. You can have BA play on his 5th year option for $14 Million. Then tag or trade him next season. Aiyuk is a better receiver than Cooper is today and it's not even close.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I would throw up. I would rather have a 2025 2nd RD pick over 30 year old Amari Cooper. We are suppose to start getting younger, not older. I don't buy this report anyways, Makes no sense. Cooper's cap hit is over $23 Million this season. You can have BA play on his 5th year option for $14 Million. Then tag or trade him next season. Aiyuk is a better receiver than Cooper is today and it's not even close.

Cooper will live in infamy for what he did vs Houston catching from an off the couch Joe Flacco

I don't buy it.

Someone posted it on the Krueg show, just wondering how much truth to that.

Probably Larry making up another f**king stupid trade offer in his head. I can't stand that dips**t.

Also this is right out of the Deebo "holdout" handbook

Originally posted by JTB1974:

I don't buy it.

AND Cooper is currently holding out for a new contract all the same lol.
Originally posted by BP13:
Its mid-june, contract dispute time: (insert random social media scrubbing/ rumor/ veiled threat) wake me up when he signs during training camp

This. After all the Deebo contract drama, this stuff doesn't even phase me anymore.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jun 17, 2024 at 11:06 AM ]
Niners always wait till training camp to fast track negotiations. Always creates drama, but it's worked pretty good so far.

I don't buy it.

LOL. (great skit btw).
Eh I don't read too much into what's being said in the media. Both parties are negotiating. It is what it is - Aiyuk is playing hard ball, no biggie.

like I said, I'd love to have him back, but I understand if we don't drop that kind of money on a WR when we have a good group. We will just have to wait and see.

what will be interesting is how much of camp he misses. Cause that'll give guys like cowing and Pearsall huge opportunities to work onto the field and build a rapport with Brock.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
This is the thrashing of a man who does not control his football fate.
He's going to end up skipping TC and take the rest of the season to get into game shape. For once, I'd wish all these primadonnas would get on the same page to win the championship.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's going to end up skipping TC and take the rest of the season to get into game shape. For once, I'd wish all these primadonnas would get on the same page to win the championship.

yeah he may show up the week of week 1, that's how you get paid and get out of work until Sept

now if he does that, it opens a window for other players to get work with Brock
BA prolly talking about Applebee's in that clip

See ya!

BA wants top WR dollars and management isnt willing to pay him that kind of money, nor should they. Management clearly saw this coming since they drafted 2 WRs early.

Love to have BA but you are not an elite WR. Lesson learned from the Deebo contract.
Share 49ersWebzone