There are 294 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gee I wonder why it was recorded and uploaded? Obviously a negotiation tactic.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
See ya!

BA wants top WR dollars and management isnt willing to pay him that kind of money, nor should they. Management clearly saw this coming since they drafted 2 WRs early.

Love to have BA but you are not an elite WR. Lesson learned from the Deebo contract.

he's better than Deebo, he's a running back making $28m
Aiyuk getting extended. It's silly but the man is trying to use whatever leverage he can get.
Originally posted by genus49:
Aiyuk getting extended. It's silly but the man is trying to use whatever leverage he can get.

I hope they reach an agreement so they can keep Aiyuk and trade Deebo next year to clear cap space for Brock. If they end up trading himit's not the end of the world. They would get a 1st or maybe a 2nd and 4th for him. When Buckner left fans were crying about letting him go. How did that trade work out? The Niners drafted Kinlaw who didn't work out but they still managed to go to the SB. Meanwhile Buckner is playing for a team that has trouble making the playoffs. The same could happen if they trade Aiyuk.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Getting a little carried away. Deebo had 900 yards receiving and 7 TDs in 15 games… not all of them finished either. He obviously isn't the best route runner and can struggle with press but he's still a good receiver and one of the elite overall weapons in the league.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is the thrashing of a man who does not control his football fate.

I mean he could accept the current offer, which Silver talked about.

BA isn't a victim here lol. That said 49er fans always seem to s**t on the player vs the team when it comes to contract talks, which is a bit silly.

Only he's not making $28M per
Originally posted by NYniner85:

BA isn't a victim here lol. That said 49er fans always seem to s**t on the player vs the team when it comes to contract talks, which is a bit silly.

Bet it reverses for the QB next year, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Getting a little carried away. Deebo had 900 yards receiving and 7 TDs in 15 games… not all of them finished either. He obviously isn't the best route runner and can struggle with press but he's still a good receiver and one of the elite overall weapons in the league.

i think he's better at tunnel screens and handoffs than he is at running routes, getting open and being a conventional WR. he's amazing with the ball in his hands and pretty mid without. BA is what you want in your O a WR who can get open and run routes. I think BA is more valuable than Deebo.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

i think he's better at tunnel screens and handoffs than he is at running routes, getting open and being a conventional WR. he's amazing with the ball in his hands and pretty mid without. BA is what you want in your O a WR who can get open and run routes. I think BA is more valuable than Deebo.

Deebo is not a good route runner. You won't get any opposition from me there.

Personally think Aiyuk is more replaceable than Deebo, but would also understand wanting to invest in Aiyuk more from a long term perspective with Deebo's wear and tear and age.

I question the overall team building strategy of being heavily invested in two WRs and a running back with Kyle as HC.
I call BS.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I call BS.

BA loves to troll. this new clip is a solid example.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is the thrashing of a man who does not control his football fate.

not silly at all, most posters have been a fan of the uniform their entire sports lives....players come and go....many people root for the TEAM.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I call BS.

BA loves to troll. this new clip is a solid example.

he would make a good WZer then
Share 49ersWebzone