There are 278 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
See ya!

BA wants top WR dollars and management isnt willing to pay him that kind of money, nor should they. Management clearly saw this coming since they drafted 2 WRs early.

Love to have BA but you are not an elite WR. Lesson learned from the Deebo contract.

he's better than Deebo, he's a running back making $28m

Except he's not a running back.
Originally posted by titan:
I guess Niners don't want him for Justin Jefferson money$$$$. I guess he can come play this season for the current contract and maybe franchise tag the following year. Not sure what he is trying to pull, but I hope he has an amazing season. He is possibly hurting himself depending on the amount of money he is asking for.

Yeah, to be worth that kind of money he would need multiple years of 100+ catches ( his career high is 78) and multiple years of 10-15 tds (his career high is 8)IMO. Maybe the amount of weapons we have holds him back from that threshold (I don't know for sure), but the 26 million per that is reportedly on the table seems about right to me.
He will get paid by us, or another team but he will get paid what he wants because he has the market.

Crazy how no other team offered a 1st for himduring the draft, or maybe they did?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
He will get paid by us, or another team but he will get paid what he wants because he has the market.

Crazy how no other team offered a 1st for himduring the draft, or maybe they did?
I seriously doubt he'd be here if they had.
BA will get paid and ball out on a team that actually throws the ball downfield.

it's tough, we don't need to be the team to pay him cause we like running the ball like the 1940's.

we are one mccaffrey injury away from being a so-so offense again. Look at the stats before mccaffrey got here. I'm not sure we were even top 10 total offense at that time.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is the thrashing of a man who does not control his football fate.

Exactly! This is a life changing moment for him, not for any of us. Hold out until it's right. Just stop being a dink about it.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
BA will get paid and ball out on a team that actually throws the ball downfield.

it's tough, we don't need to be the team to pay him cause we like running the ball like the 1940's.

we are one mccaffrey injury away from being a so-so offense again. Look at the stats before mccaffrey got here. I'm not sure we were even top 10 total offense at that time.

Believe you want the Los Angeles Chargers message board.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jun 17, 2024 at 3:31 PM ]
He doesn't want himself back, he still has 1 more year left on his contract.

all he cares about is getting paid
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

lol. ridiculous statement is ridiculous. imagine doing what you say and ignoring that Purdy hadn't taken over the offense yet.
[ Edited by boast on Jun 17, 2024 at 3:55 PM ]
Fowler and all these "insiders" were saying the same thing about Bosa last year during the negotiations. None of these people know what is going on.

BA will be a Niner this season. If not he would have been traded prior to the draft. Niners are trying to win a SB this season, They are not trading him for future assets. Niners have all the leverage because BA is under contract and at a bargain deal of $14 Million. BA can hold out but he can only do it up until week 8 or he loses a year and it starts all over again next year. Plus he gets fined for every game he misses. And if the Niners have success without him he loses even more leverage. I think eventually there will be a compromise and he will sign for around $28 Million. I don't see BA risking playing on his 5th year option because Pearsall might cut into his targets and his price will be lower next season.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
BA will be a Niner this season. If not he would have been traded prior to the draft. Niners are trying to win a SB this season, They are not trading him for future assets. Niners have all the leverage because BA is under contract and at a bargain deal of $14 Million. BA can hold out but he can only do it up until week 8 or he loses a year and it starts all over again next year. Plus he gets fined for every game he misses. And if the Niners have success without him he loses even more leverage. I think eventually there will be a compromise and he will sign for around $28 Million. I don't see BA risking playing on his 5th year option because Pearsall might cut into his targets and his price will be lower next season.

I don't think it's so simple as we have the leverage because he's under team control for at least one more year. We also lose potential value in any trade between now and however long we decide to hold him without signing him to a long term deal. How much value is hard to say…
Originally posted by onetrackt:
Fowler and all these "insiders" were saying the same thing about Bosa last year during the negotiations. None of these people know what is going on.

Media aside, didn't Bosa have more leverage for his contract though?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Agree 💯% the F-tag for WRs in 2024 is around 21 million. 28 million is a solid number for Aiyuk.
Doesn't lynch and BA have the same agent? Aren't lynch and BA's (and his) agent best bros too?
Share 49ersWebzone