There are 273 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by onetrackt:
Fowler and all these "insiders" were saying the same thing about Bosa last year during the negotiations. None of these people know what is going on.

Media aside, didn't Bosa have more leverage for his contract though?

he just got DPOY so yeah
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Fowler and all these "insiders" were saying the same thing about Bosa last year during the negotiations. None of these people know what is going on.

he just got DPOY so yeah

Also top DE's you can count on one hand. Their production is very much solo.

For WRs there's 20 over 1000 yards for the 2023 season and their production is dependent on the QB.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
BA will get paid and ball out on a team that actually throws the ball downfield.

it's tough, we don't need to be the team to pay him cause we like running the ball like the 1940's.

we are one mccaffrey injury away from being a so-so offense again. Look at the stats before mccaffrey got here. I'm not sure we were even top 10 total offense at that time.

Before CMC got here, Purdy wasn't the starter. Have to take that into account.
Doesn't lynch and BA have the same agent? Aren't lynch and BA's (and his) agent best bros too?

Yeah.

this deal will get done before training camp like the rest of them. I just wish we signed him a month or two ago that way we would've been able to probably get away with 26 million per year (or in your case less guaranteed money) then what he's probably going to get now which is closer to 28-29 million per year (and more guaranteed money).

our front office really needs to get their s**t together with signing some of our elite players because it only costs us more money and guarantees the longer we wait and contracts go up.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Doesn't lynch and BA have the same agent? Aren't lynch and BA's (and his) agent best bros too?

Yeah.

this deal will get done before training camp like the rest of them. I just wish we signed him a month or two ago that way we would've been able to probably get away with 26 million per year (or in your case less guaranteed money) then what he's probably going to get now which is closer to 28-29 million per year (and more guaranteed money).

our front office really needs to get their s**t together with signing some of our elite players because it only costs us more money and guarantees the longer we wait and contracts go up.

I do question the strategy. Had they had a contract for Deebo at the end of 2021 season before Christian Kirk signed, maybe we get him for 20 - 22 million APY. In one sense, their waiting actually works out for the player because they get fairly slotted relative to what others at their position are making. Imagine if Deebo signs for 20 million and then the Jags give Kirk hos contract. Deebo would've been holding out after a season. I just wish we could balance signing then earlier and players being happy with their deal longterm.
I think the FO likes Aiyuk as Rapaport says but they don't like him at 30M per season.

It's becoming more clear that they aren't gonna pay him what he wants so the options are the 5th year option (BA would hate that) or trading him before the season starts and that won't help us this season.

If they had extended him in march he would be signed for 26M per season.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
I think the FO likes Aiyuk as Rapaport says but they don't like him at 30M per season.

It's becoming more clear that they aren't gonna pay him what he wants so the options are the 5th year option (BA would hate that) or trading him before the season starts and that won't help us this season.

If my aunt had wheels she'd be a bicycle
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Franchise tag his ass and buy some time to see what we have in Pearsall.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
See ya!

BA wants top WR dollars and management isnt willing to pay him that kind of money, nor should they. Management clearly saw this coming since they drafted 2 WRs early.

Love to have BA but you are not an elite WR. Lesson learned from the Deebo contract.

he's better than Deebo, he's a running back making $28m

Aiyuk is a better reciever than Deebo but Deebo is the better football player, IMO.

you eventually run out of money. You can't be paying top dollar for a QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FB, LT, DE, DT, MLB etc for ever. Lol you eventually have to make sacrifices - especially if Brock starts demanding $50-$60M (which he easily can).
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 17, 2024 at 8:58 PM ]

he just got DPOY so yeah

Bosa had wayyyy more leverage, IMO.
1. he's one of the best players in the LEAGUE
2. Just won DPOY
3. We also had no one to even remotely come close to producing at his position if we lost him

One of Aiyuks main problem is we aren't desperate for his contribution the way we have been in the past with guys like Kittle, CMC, Trent, Warner etc. he's also under contract for a year and we can, if we want, have him play it out and then franchise tag him and then trade him.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
BA will get paid and ball out on a team that actually throws the ball downfield.

it's tough, we don't need to be the team to pay him cause we like running the ball like the 1940's.

we are one mccaffrey injury away from being a so-so offense again. Look at the stats before mccaffrey got here. I'm not sure we were even top 10 total offense at that time.

Before CMC got here, Purdy wasn't the starter. Have to take that into account.

Good point....Yeah he needs a good QB so he will stay here. We will get the deal done at around 28 mil year 3 years GTD.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Bosa had wayyyy more leverage, IMO.
1. he's one of the best players in the LEAGUE
2. Just won DPOY
3. We also had no one to even remotely come close to producing at his position if we lost him

One of Aiyuks main problem is we aren't desperate for his contribution the way we have been in the past with guys like Kittle, CMC, Trent, Warner etc. he's also under contract for a year and we can, if we want, have him play it out and then franchise tag him and then trade him.

This. I mean if he wants to go to another team and not win an SB by all means. I wish playing for the team meant more but it is all about the money. He is a good player but again, no Jerry. Maybe in his mind, he is Jerry idk lol
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

If my aunt had wheels she'd be a bicycle

Aiyuk is turning the negotiations into a media circus.. they don't want me back… this act is getting old.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Franchise tag his ass and buy some time to see what we have in Pearsall.

Ya let's not use his 5th year option, and franchise tag him instead so he can double our cap. Genius.
Share 49ersWebzone