LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 283 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So what's the consensus today? Aiyuk wants more than he's realistically worth or the FO is being cheap?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
So what's the consensus today? Aiyuk wants more than he's realistically worth or the FO is being cheap?

I am guessing the former
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Aiyuk is turning the negotiations into a media circus.. they don't want me back… this act is getting old.

This. Looking like a bit of a 🤡 show.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I am guessing the former

So hard to tell. I was thinking FO because this is their pattern, but now it seems it may be him wanting more. I wish they signed him a week after the SB and moved on, but we don't know who is doing what. I do wish these WR would stay off social media!

Also, I saw an article where Shanahan was excited about Purdy's connection to Pearsall at the mini camp and spoke positively about it. I said to myself, hmmm that's a subtle warning to Aiyuk even if he didn't intend that.
Honestly who cares what he does on his social media accounts? Literally we go through this all the damn time and the same people get upset over it every time lol.

no one here got signed in June. s**t isn't gonna happen for like another month…like always. We don't even have our 1st rd pick signed yet
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Honestly who cares what he does on his social media accounts? Literally we go through this all the damn time and the same people get upset over it every time lol.

no one here got signed in June. s**t isn't gonna happen for like another month…like always. We don't even have our 1st rd pick signed yet

Agree 💯%, this stuff probably won't be resolved till beginning of training camp, probablyat the earliest. Same as Bosa and Deebo's contract talks. Folks just have to put up with the processing time.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree 💯%, this stuff probably won't be resolved till beginning of training camp, probablyat the earliest. Same as Bosa and Deebo's contract talks. Folks just have to put up with the processing time.

I don't want to hear anyone call the front office cheap. They're offering about $26 million. That's hardly chicken feed. The idea that they need to match what some other receiver makes is a load of crap. They have to be looking forward to the next 2 years so they can maintain a competitive roster. Four million more per season could be a roster spot for a couple of reserve players.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jun 18, 2024 at 8:20 AM ]
The amount of laughable trade scenarios I'm seeing on SM for BA

-steeler fan, how about Darnell Washington for BA. Jesus man.
-lions fan, Jameson Williams and a day 2 pick for BA. Wut? Williams can't stay on the field, can't catch, block, has zero yac ability and is allergic at catching balls between the numbers. He's worth a day 3 pick at this pt.
-DC fan, Dotson and a day 2 pick for BA. Or scary terry straight up…WTF is that? Dotson is worth nothing at this pt and Scary Terry got massively overpaid. He's not a #1

man I get worse trade offers in my fantasy league and they're pretty bad.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't want to hear anyone call the front office cheap. They're offering about $26 million. That's hardly chicken feed. The idea that they need to match what some other receiver makes is a load of crap. They have to be looking forward to the next 2 years so they can maintain a competitive roster. Four million more per season could be a roster spot for a couple of reserve players.

That $26M means absolutely nothing…it's about the GTD cash. I could say I'll give you a 3 yr $100M deal, but only GTD $20M of it. I could then report I'm offering you $33M per, but it's actually fake news.

Folks gotta realize no player is getting ALL of their contract, so the APY means nothing outside of some vanity number for the player/agent.

give him St Brown's deal and move on.
  • thl408

That $26M means absolutely nothing…it's about the GTD cash. I could say I'll give you a 3 yr $100M deal, but only GTD $20M of it. I could then report I'm offering you $33M per, but it's actually fake news.

Folks gotta realize no player is getting ALL of their contract, so the APY means nothing outside of some vanity number for the player/agent.

There's more than enough recent WR contracts for Aiyuk to comp to. Jefferson is the ceiling, everyone else get in where you fit in. For Aiyuk it's St Brown, Waddle, Nico Collins, DeVonta Smith.

Originally posted by thl408:
There's more than enough recent WR contracts for Aiyuk to comp to. Jefferson is the ceiling, everyone else get in where you fit in. For Aiyuk it's St Brown, Waddle, Nico Collins, DeVonta Smith.

Agreed. JJ's deal made him the highest paid non-QB in the league in FGTDs. Dude makes more than Bosa/Trent/Watt/Jones etc.

There isn't a single team that's gonna pay BA that, so trading him doesn't matter if that's the $ he wants…the market isn't there for him at that price. Even when Lamb signs he shouldn't be getting that same cash.

Yeah those other WRs are his market. Still a f**k ton of money and if he can continue to take care of himself he will get another fat payday down the road.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The amount of laughable trade scenarios I'm seeing on SM for BA

-steeler fan, how about Darnell Washington for BA. Jesus man.
-lions fan, Jameson Williams and a day 2 pick for BA. Wut? Williams can't stay on the field, can't catch, block, has zero yac ability and is allergic at catching balls between the numbers. He's worth a day 3 pick at this pt.
-DC fan, Dotson and a day 2 pick for BA. Or scary terry straight up…WTF is that? Dotson is worth nothing at this pt and Scary Terry got massively overpaid. He's not a #1

man I get worse trade offers in my fantasy league and they're pretty bad.

I pray that neither Deebo nor Aiyuk get traded. I like the combination of precision and power. And now they added quickness with Pearsall and Cowing. I don't think Shanahan has ever had a WR like Pearsall in his offense before. I see this offense reaching a new level, I'm pretty excited.
Originally posted by thl408:

He is arguably the 6th to 10th best receiver in the league. Slot him in somewhere between 4 and 8 and that should work. As far as the FO being cheap there are a lot of fans that need to wake up. Look at many of the contracts we have done the last 4 years look at the stadium and facilities we have. The FO and the Yorks are far from cheap.

Lol it's the slow season, gotta have stuff to chat, whine or nitpick about idk lol

0% chance of trade, player for player trades aren't common and usually it's your bust for our bust like Jon Baldwin
Share 49ersWebzone