LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 280 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
BA has 2 options, take the reported 26 they offered or play out the contract at 14 and become an FA next year, if he feels he can get more in free agency, go for it. He has zero leverage here, 49ers can call his bluff.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
That $26M means absolutely nothing…it's about the GTD cash. I could say I'll give you a 3 yr $100M deal, but only GTD $20M of it. I could then report I'm offering you $33M per, but it's actually fake news.

Folks gotta realize no player is getting ALL of their contract, so the APY means nothing outside of some vanity number for the player/agent.

give him St Brown's deal and move on.

0% chance of trade, player for player trades aren't common and usually it's your bust for our bust like Jon Baldwin

I'm guessing you meant to respond to a different post
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
BA has 2 options, take the reported 26 they offered or play out the contract at 14 and become an FA next year, if he feels he can get more in free agency, go for it. He has zero leverage here, 49ers can call his bluff.

We have no idea what that $26M means. They could have sent him some arbitrary deal that says he's making $26M per but the FGTD cash is not there…which means he ain't making anything close to that number.

leaking that s**t to Sliver is basically the teams version of what BA's doing on social media
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 18, 2024 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I pray that neither Deebo nor Aiyuk get traded. I like the combination of precision and power. And now they added quickness with Pearsall and Cowing. I don't think Shanahan has ever had a WR like Pearsall in his offense before. I see this offense reaching a new level, I'm pretty excited.

I don't think that happens this yr. They're trying to go all in and get it done
Originally posted by Oscar8325:

We have no idea what that $26M means. They could have sent him some arbitrary deal that says he's making $26M per but the FGTD cash is not there…which means he ain't making anything close to that number.

leaking that s**t to Sliver is basically the teams version of what BA's doing on social media

Good point, whatever the true number is in my opinion has to be a bit lower than St Brown, Waddle etc. If you compare the importance to the offense, BA is not as important to ours as St Brown and Waddle is to theirs.
That $26M means absolutely nothing…it's about the GTD cash. I could say I'll give you a 3 yr $100M deal, but only GTD $20M of it. I could then report I'm offering you $33M per, but it's actually fake news.

Folks gotta realize no player is getting ALL of their contract, so the APY means nothing outside of some vanity number for the player/agent.

give him St Brown's deal and move on.

0% chance of trade, player for player trades aren't common and usually it's your bust for our bust like Jon Baldwin

True Dat.... if the buccaneers were using Wirfs for BA hmmm maybe OK lol. Otherwise he is here to stay so back to 28 mil 3yrs GTD.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Jun 18, 2024 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Bosa had wayyyy more leverage, IMO.
1. he's one of the best players in the LEAGUE
2. Just won DPOY
3. We also had no one to even remotely come close to producing at his position if we lost him

One of Aiyuks main problem is we aren't desperate for his contribution the way we have been in the past with guys like Kittle, CMC, Trent, Warner etc. he's also under contract for a year and we can, if we want, have him play it out and then franchise tag him and then trade him.

This. I mean if he wants to go to another team and not win an SB by all means. I wish playing for the team meant more but it is all about the money. He is a good player but again, no Jerry. Maybe in his mind, he is Jerry idk lol

If I look at it from his perspective, I understand that he wants to get paid. This is his first chance for intense generational wealth. But he just doesn't have the leverage.

someone will pay him, time will tell if it's us. He's a very good WR but not critical to what we do. We are def better with him, than without, but it won't kill us to lose him.

on a team like this, where so many guys have got paid & competing for a chip, it's hard to get your maximum value.

I agree, we would need more details to know what he is or isn't turning down.

What I'd be really interested to know is how long of an extension we are offering. Most likely in the 3-4 range but if I was Aiyuk, I'd want a 2 year extension. Maximizes my chance to get a big payday before 30.

either that or I'd want a 3-4 year extension with a lot of guaranteed money.

he's essentially negotiating his prime years right now and what age he will be at when his next contract opportunity comes - which historically determines how much someone will pay you. Not many people get a fat WR contract at 31+
If I look at it from his perspective, I understand that he wants to get paid. This is his first chance for intense generational wealth. But he just doesn't have the leverage.

someone will pay him, time will tell if it's us. He's a very good WR but not critical to what we do. We are def better with him, than without, but it won't kill us to lose him.

on a team like this, where so many guys have got paid & competing for a chip, it's hard to get your maximum value.

minor quibble, but i say he is critical. we need WRs who can uncover. that's one of the most prized skills in the NFL if you see what GMs are paying for. he's our single WR who does that. he's Brock's favorite WR by a pretty good margin. we drafted two WRs in part cuz Kyle recognizes he needs more of this skill set in the offense, not less. rooks often need time to acclimate to the NFL we can hardly count on those guys yet.
So is he working there tonight?

Agree with all of this. Like you said, he isn't critical and doesn't have the leverage. But I like the chemistry between him and BA, it would suck some for that to end but..Brock can probably develop chemistry with anyone. BA misses on routes sometimes. Not every player is perfect though. I have really good vibes from Ricky P. Some say that he is a little thin..but that could just keep him Quick Rick:)
Pearsall seems to be getting great reviews, now I know it was only a couple days of non contact stuff but if the front office feels that Pearsall can emerge to be even close to BA, you let BA play out contract. Let him test free agency, but BA has to ask himself what kind of value would he get if his snaps and targets decrease due to the emergence of a rookie. I wonder how much his agent has to do with him holding out? He's doing him a disservice if he's telling him to hold out. At the end of the day, he will sign, he has no choice.

minor quibble, but i say he is critical. we need WRs who can uncover. that's one of the most prized skills in the NFL if you see what GMs are paying for. he's our single WR who does that. he's Brock's favorite WR by a pretty good margin. we drafted two WRs in part cuz Kyle recognizes he needs more of this skill set in the offense, not less. rooks often need time to acclimate to the NFL we can hardly count on those guys yet.

See I see it as we drafted two WRs that have a skill set that BA doesn't have - the intense speed/cutting/agility.

Aiyuk can get open and he's very good at it but against great man coverage, like Baltimore and KC, he didn't do much of anything.

he's very good, especially in the run game and blocking for others, but I don't view him as irreplaceable. Like I said - we are def better with him but I don't think it's a dramatic fall off if Pearsall/cowing are functional as rookies.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Franchise tag his ass and buy some time to see what we have in Pearsall.

Ya let's not use his 5th year option, and franchise tag him instead so he can double our cap. Genius.

Impressive how you outdumb yourself.

Franchise tag BA AFTER he plays out his rookie deal, D.A.
See I see it as we drafted two WRs that have a skill set that BA doesn't have - the intense speed/cutting/agility.

Aiyuk can get open and he's very good at it but against great man coverage, like Baltimore and KC, he didn't do much of anything.

he's very good, especially in the run game and blocking for others, but I don't view him as irreplaceable. Like I said - we are def better with him but I don't think it's a dramatic fall off if Pearsall/cowing are functional as rookies.

I mean he was the 6th overall WR vs man coverage this past yr. He's literally one of the best WRs vs man in the NFL.

That Baltimore game had more to do with our QB and turning the ball over so much.

one problem with Kyle is our straight up drop back passing plays. Stuff we need to run when TOs happen and SF's playing from behind. You need better pass-pro, you need some better play-calling, we need more WRs (besides BA) that can win vs man.
Share 49ersWebzone