LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 228 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:
If I look at it from his perspective, I understand that he wants to get paid. This is his first chance for intense generational wealth. But he just doesn't have the leverage.

someone will pay him, time will tell if it's us. He's a very good WR but not critical to what we do. We are def better with him, than without, but it won't kill us to lose him.

on a team like this, where so many guys have got paid & competing for a chip, it's hard to get your maximum value.

minor quibble, but i say he is critical. we need WRs who can uncover. that's one of the most prized skills in the NFL if you see what GMs are paying for. he's our single WR who does that. he's Brock's favorite WR by a pretty good margin. we drafted two WRs in part cuz Kyle recognizes he needs more of this skill set in the offense, not less. rooks often need time to acclimate to the NFL we can hardly count on those guys yet.

See I see it as we drafted two WRs that have a skill set that BA doesn't have - the intense speed/cutting/agility.

Aiyuk can get open and he's very good at it but against great man coverage, like Baltimore and KC, he didn't do much of anything.

he's very good, especially in the run game and blocking for others, but I don't view him as irreplaceable. Like I said - we are def better with him but I don't think it's a dramatic fall off if Pearsall/cowing are functional as rookies.

totally replaceable

Originally posted by boast:
totally replaceable

To me his impact or replaceability is not simply about how good he is overall or in this specific case as a route runner (not factoring the system and players around him play a role here).
totally replaceable

Sarcasm or Serious?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
totally replaceable

Sarcasm or Serious?

Pretty obvious.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
totally replaceable

Sarcasm or Serious?

Yes
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
totally replaceable

To me his impact or replaceability is not simply about how good he is overall or in this specific case as a route runner (not factoring the system and players around him play a role here).

Also need to look at how many of those 200+ routes are vs man coverage. Of course there was other factors like our OL not being able to block but in SB, chiefs played alot of man against him and what did he do? Again as others have said, we are much better with him and we want him signed but not at 28+ per year.
totally replaceable

He can be replaced, BA's don't grow on trees, but he is replaceable....he is not some generational lvl talent.

What is really interesting is to look at the Shanny offensive coaching tree's effect on this chart...kinda interesting how those players place.
We need to be Chips All In this year.

This year is our best chance in 25 years.
I'm thinking BA's agent is filling his head with claims he should make what Jefferson will. That's insane...there's no way in the world the Niners will pay any WR that much. The Vikes did it because they could...they're not paying big money to the QB position for several years. Niners won't because they know they'll have to pay Purdy next year & it'll be a big contract. So either BA gets a better grasp of what's feasible and what's not or he could get sent to a bad team, make a lot of money, but not sniff the playoffs. Your choice, BA.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Also need to look at how many of those 200+ routes are vs man coverage. Of course there was other factors like our OL not being able to block but in SB, chiefs played alot of man against him and what did he do? Again as others have said, we are much better with him and we want him signed but not at 28+ per year.

He was the 6th overall WR graded out vs man coverage last yr according to underdog sports.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm thinking BA's agent is filling his head with claims he should make what Jefferson will. That's insane...there's no way in the world the Niners will pay any WR that much. The Vikes did it because they could...they're not paying big money to the QB position for several years. Niners won't because they know they'll have to pay Purdy next year & it'll be a big contract. So either BA gets a better grasp of what's feasible and what's not or he could get sent to a bad team, make a lot of money, but not sniff the playoffs. Your choice, BA.

I could be wrong but doesn't John lynch and BA have the same agent? Lynch is like best friends with him as well…Lynch was his best man at his wedding or something.

honestly it's just business and BA like most folks are trying to get as much cash as they can now.

how about Jed gives him a bigger signing bonus out of his own pockets to make it all work? It's not about APY, it's about cash in hand end of the day.
It's in BAs best interest to show up for any more mandatory practices. 49ers haven't set a hard line in a while negotiations wise but they drafted 2 wide outs and brought back Conley.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
It's in BAs best interest to show up for any more mandatory practices. 49ers haven't set a hard line in a while negotiations wise but they drafted 2 wide outs and brought back Conley.

It's in BAs best interest to hold out as long as possible to ensure a cent wasn't left he could get. Get yo bag BA
Originally posted by Dshearn:
totally replaceable

He can be replaced, BA's don't grow on trees, but he is replaceable....he is not some generational lvl talent.

What is really interesting is to look at the Shanny offensive coaching tree's effect on this chart...kinda interesting how those players place.

Anyone can be replaced. Question is whether replacing them is a good idea and when it becomes a good idea.

BA is 26 years old. He's in his prime.

He just led the NFL in yards per reception until the last week of the season when George Pickens took over the stat because he didn't get any catches and Aiyuk had his worst YPR game with Darnold as his QB.

He has gotten better every season since buying in and getting his way out of Shanahan's doghouse. He's EXACTLY the type of WR Shanahan wants - great route running, ability to hit big plays whether short or down the field. Clutch. Blocks well. Wants to win.

We saw what happened in the SB. I love Deebo but especially with CMC here and a QB who isn't afraid to throw down the field, Deebo is the replaceable one.

Aiyuk just needs targets. Honestly if he's traded to a team who can feed him his numbers will be huge all the time.

Pay the guy then move Deebo after the season.

We haven't had a true WR1 since TO. Aiyuk is a WR1. Don't let the guy go in his prime.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
totally replaceable

Going off of this - we should just pay him Justin Jefferson money. Hes the best in the league! Irreplaceable. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone