LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 232 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Without BA, we won't win the Superbowl next year.

BA is going to be here in 2024. It's just whether or not it's with an extension or playing on his 5th year option. It makes no sense for the Niners to trade him, now that the draft has come and gone.

Way too early to tell. If slick Rick works out AND they get a decent package with a plug and play player (lineman most likely) along with a pick....I could see them pulling the trigger mid season.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

BA is going to be here in 2024. It's just whether or not it's with an extension or playing on his 5th year option. It makes no sense for the Niners to trade him, now that the draft has come and gone.

Way too early to tell. If slick Rick works out AND they get a decent package with a plug and play player (lineman most likely) along with a pick....I could see them pulling the trigger mid season.

We didnt win the SB with him either....
Originally posted by walker807:

No one trades players for players. Especially good players for good players.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by genus49:
Who is the WR1 that we've had since then? Anquan Boldin? He was towards the end of his career and spent more time playing in the slot than at X.

Anquan Boldin had 2 1,000 seasons with us at RWR. Yeah, he did fade towards the end...but he was still a solid #1. Crabtree was a #1 as well. Although he wasn't great, he was still an above average starting WR. Then most recently, Deebo. He may not have the value he had for us previously with the addition of CMC, but he is still a solid #1 Wr.

All of that was in between T.O and now.

Exactly. He said we hadn't had a #1 WR since TO. I disagree.

B Llyod was solid. We didn't know how to use him fully. He kilt it in Denver
Originally posted by Silky:
Who is the WR1 that we've had since then? Anquan Boldin? He was towards the end of his career and spent more time playing in the slot than at X.

Anquan Boldin had 2 1,000 seasons with us at RWR. Yeah, he did fade towards the end...but he was still a solid #1. Crabtree was a #1 as well. Although he wasn't great, he was still an above average starting WR. Then most recently, Deebo. He may not have the value he had for us previously with the addition of CMC, but he is still a solid #1 Wr.

I guess we should be more specific. We haven't had a GREAT #1 WR since T.O.

Boldin was good, Crabtree was decent, But Aiyuk is the best WR we've had since T.O. hands down.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

Boldin was good, Crabtree was decent, But Aiyuk is the best WR we've had since T.O. hands down.

I would agree that Aiyuk is the best since T.O. but he's also got more good receivers playing along with him. T.O. never had a guy as good as Deebo after Rice left. He didn't have a TE as good as Kittle. He certainly didn't have a back that could catch passes like CMC. All of these things make Aiyuk less valuable because he's not the only weapon. He would probably get more targets with most other teams. Probably more receptions. More wins? Not likely.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jun 20, 2024 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I would agree that Aiyuk is the best since T.O. but he's also got more good receivers playing along with him. T.O. never had a guy as good as Deebo after Rice left. He didn't have a TE as good as Kittle. He certainly didn't have a back that could catch passes like CMC. All of these things make Aiyuk less valuable because he's not the only weapon. He would probably get more targets with most other teams. Probably more receptions. More wins? Not likely.

100% agree.

Which explains why the 49ers don't want to pay him 30+ mill a year.

I just really want the future WR's to be Aiyuk and Pearsall. No hate on Deebo, but we all know they brought Pearsall in cause they can't keep Deebo and Aiyuk with their contracts.
Hope he doesn't have s**t off-season like bosa last year
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jun 20, 2024 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Hope he doesn't have s**t off-season like bosa last year

That's the biggest disappointment when these contract talks stall all offseason. Bosa didn't have the best start. Deebo certainly didn't. I'm afraid Aiyuk will be rusty or ineffective as well

Well they didn't win with him

Should've got a deal done early. If I'm him I'm not taking less than St Brown either.
They should have extended him last season but the Niners always want to wait until the final year of their deal. I bet Aiyuk would have taken the $26 Million offer last offseason.

He was super talented. I don't know if we didn't know how to use him. He was inconsistent and immature as a 9er. Even in Denver, he wasn't consistent. Now part of that may have been because of injuries, but the result was the same.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

100% agree.

Which explains why the 49ers don't want to pay him 30+ mill a year.

I just really want the future WR's to be Aiyuk and Pearsall. No hate on Deebo, but we all know they brought Pearsall in cause they can't keep Deebo and Aiyuk with their contracts.

Boldin was more than good. We got 2 great years from him before his age started showing. He still almost had 800 yards that last year.

2 years ago there was more hype for Deebo than Aiyuk has now. Still I agree, Aiyuk is currently the best WR on the team, which makes him the best since TO. PFF has Aiyuk as the 8th best WR in the NFL. Deebo is 10th.

Based on what I read, Pearsall is more like Aiyuk than Deebo. Of course, I don't know if we want to duplicate Deebo since we have CMC.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jun 20, 2024 at 10:58 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Should've got a deal done early. If I'm him I'm not taking less than St Brown either.

He doesn't hold the cards, he can "not take less than ___" all he wants and go down the Leveon Bell path. If I'm the 49ers I stick to my number and call his bluff. He don't take it and continues holding out, well then after a certain point he loses the season and it's back to square one again next year. There's a reason we spent a first on Pearsall and that reason isn't because he was the best player available nor was it a position of need.
Share 49ersWebzone