LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 263 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pete98146:
Trade BA and a second rounder in next years draft to the Raiders for Brock Bowers....

not sure if you're joking or not,
but I personally would love this

and it works out for both teams, because LV has Mayer, and not much in the WR department after Adams
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If we signed him to $26 Million last offseason the 49ers would be a laughing stock. He wasn't worth that at the time. His 2nd team All-Pro season and the WR market blowing up is what made it $26 million

To your point though, signing him earlier is better business. I will never understand the thinking of the 49ers doing late deals for players that they know they want to keep. Price tags go up, not down, it ain't rocket science

Yes I don't understand as well, the value always goes up. It's just a media circus and distracting for the team. I can't figure out why we do this every year, Kittle, Deebo, Bosa and now Aiyuk.

we do this every year, because our team is stacked and has been since '19

edit: I didn't read the post you quoted

yeah... I don't get it either, I'm sure Parrag has his reasons... but I really hope we don't do this with Purdy
[ Edited by DoseOfBosa on Jun 20, 2024 at 11:10 PM ]
Trade BA and a second rounder in next years draft to the Raiders for Brock Bowers....

Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:

and it works out for both teams, because LV has Mayer, and not much in the WR department after Adams

Lol that's not how it works. When's the last time you seen a player that got drafted that same year get traded? They just gonna give him all that signing bonus money and then trade him? Even 9moon has better trade ideas.
Latest proposed trade by some Washington writer was Aiyuk for Terry McLaurin. Throw in a second or third from Washington, it's not terrible. McClaurin is a downgrade but not a significant one. He would get best QB he's ever played with too. Anyway, I don't think BA is going anywhere. Interesting to see the rando trade proposals coming every day.😂

Nope I wasn't joking. I'd make this trade in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Lol that's not how it works. When's the last time you seen a player that got drafted that same year get traded? They just gonna give him all that signing bonus money and then trade him? Even 9moon has better trade ideas.

thank you.

I thought there was a rule that you can't trade a player during their rookie year?
Originally posted by JTB1974:

I thought there was a rule that you can't trade a player during their rookie year?

Disn't Eli Manning and Philip Rivers get swapped?
Originally posted by Since07:
Disn't Eli Manning and Philip Rivers get swapped?

On draft day. Not after they signed their contracts.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If we signed him to $26 Million last offseason the 49ers would be a laughing stock. He wasn't worth that at the time. His 2nd team All-Pro season and the WR market blowing up is what made it $26 million

To your point though, signing him earlier is better business. I will never understand the thinking of the 49ers doing late deals for players that they know they want to keep. Price tags go up, not down, it ain't rocket science

Yes I don't understand as well, the value always goes up. It's just a media circus and distracting for the team. I can't figure out why we do this every year, Kittle, Deebo, Bosa and now Aiyuk.

we do this every year, because our team is stacked and has been since '19

edit: I didn't read the post you quoted

yeah... I don't get it either, I'm sure Parrag has his reasons... but I really hope we don't do this with Purdy

Well I get it. It's all on who owns the risk of performance drop off or injury.

In Arik Armstead's first 4 years, he never had more than 3 sacks. In his contract year, he had 10. We then gave him the big contract, and let Buckner go, and he didn't total 10 sacks again in the next three years combined. Another year, and he was gone. Buckner has had 32.5 sacs since he was traded.

If Aiyuk plays under the 5th year option, he will not only lose a difference of about $12m against what he appears to have on the table now, and probably a couple of million more when the negotiations are settled, but also a huge signing bonus that could also be earning him millions. This gives us leverage to protect our cap and roster. Then, should his performance drop off, or he gets injured, even for a few games, his bargaining power is reduced, and he may Never see that kind of life changing money again. Conversely, we don't have the potential of a huge dead money cap hit or being stuck overpaying for a level of performance that could go a Long way towards making us non competitive on a SB run.

Our natural assumption is always that we will see what we have seen, or sometimes even growth. But good Lord, this is football. That doesn't always happen. Yes, delaying often becomes more expensive, but the difference is effectively an insurance policy. Insurance always seems like a waste of money, until it isn't. It has real value. It's BA's decision if he wants to assume the risk, because we are offerings to take it, but not at the price of his wildest dreams, and rightfully so.

Fantasy football trade offers That's not how it works in the NFL.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Bingo. The whole trade BA for a player stuff isn't realistic. s**t doesn't happen, especially a guy that was just drafted.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

You're telling me that you wouldn't trade an all pro WR AND give up a 2nd rounder for a first round TE even when all the history suggests first round TEs rarely ever work out? That's bold bro. I'd do this in a heart beat just to see the rage as Kyle red shirts the first year player like always.

sorry for having fun on a message board
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

You're telling me that you wouldn't trade an all pro WR AND give up a 2nd rounder for a first round TE even when all the history suggests first round TEs rarely ever work out? That's bold bro. I'd do this in a heart beat just to see the rage as Kyle red shirts the first year player like always.

yeah you have a point with TE history, but I think Bowers (f he's anything like was in SEC football) in Shanahan's offense would be insane.

I claimed back in 2017 that McCaffrey would one day be a 49er because he was too good of a fit not to be. Bowers is similar.

But yeah I know it would never happen, it's just fun talk on a message board... sorry to upset everyone with a wild trade idea
Share 49ersWebzone