LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 224 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I agree. We would tag him to sign him or trade him, either of which would not result in a big cap hit for 2025. Either way, take his cheap 5th year option first if he really wants to give it to us.

Yeah, I think that's worst case scenario and I believe that's why we have all the leverage.

when you factor in the salary explosion for WRs, him making $14.1M is a super bargain. So things would have to get super ugly.

I think 1 of 2 things are most likely to happen:
1. We resign him and everything's good. We move forward no big deal. Everyone's happy. (Still most likely in my opinion).
2. we can't come to a resolution so we force him to play on the 1 year deal since Aiyuk is very good and relatively cheap - he makes us better if we are chasing a chip and he would be super motivated. Then we franchise him at the end of the year and trade him somewhere.

I think it's highly unlikely we move him this off season, although not out of the realm of possibility.

This sounds great in a perfect world. But it could also turn into him being disgruntled, and him missing camp. Leading to a lack luster performance or injury.

He's playing for a contract he can't get now.

True, but that doesn't mean he will be happy about that nor does that bar him from injury or lackluster performance if he holds out from TC.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
The parties need to agree and he needs to be here for TC ready to go. Hold out won't do any good for anyone.

I don't know the details, but the experts say the fine structure when already under contract can't be forgiven and pretty much makes holdouts impossible anymore.

Bosa and Chris Jones were hold out's last year.

OK, but the fines are up from $40k/day last year to $50k/day this year. More likely he'd hold "in". Game checks imo would be $14.1m/18 or $782,333/game, and he'd have to come back for the last 6 games or wouldn't accrue a season and he'd face the 5th year option all over again. Stashing him until late in the season wouldn't be our choice, but it would perserve cap space, save him from injury, give us a chance to give the rookies playing time, make him available to replace injuries, and he'd be there for the post season, so we might live with it just fine. He can do what he wants.
TBH he has no leverage even if the FO is in the wrong (which we don't know). He has a year left then they can tag him a for another year or two and most likely the FO still SAVES compared to what they are offering him now.

He's a very very good WR, but not in that elite class imo or to phrase it better I do not see other teams lining up to break the bank for him like they would JJ or Chase which is why gives him literally zero leverage.

👀🚨
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 24, 2024 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
TBH he has no leverage even if the FO is in the wrong (which we don't know). He has a year left then they can tag him a for another year or two and most likely the FO still SAVES compared to what they are offering him now.

He's a very very good WR, but not in that elite class imo or to phrase it better I do not see other teams lining up to break the bank for him like they would JJ or Chase which is why gives him literally zero leverage.

And playing on three one year contracts guarantees him Nothing beyond the current year if he is injured. And, he's got no big signing bonus nobody can take away that also earns new money.

There is simply only one rational way to go, and his agent will be telling him so.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

👀🚨

Having a meeting just to tell him to clean out his locker. Damn that's cold
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Haha

Yeah, he is not Jerry. Wants to be paid like Jerry maybe. But didn't Brock have a part in making him a star? Let's be honest here lol
sounds like he may be meeting with them to discuss his future outside SF...

[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 24, 2024 at 1:30 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

👀🚨

Wow that's **way** too soon for Aiyuk to sign. This couuld be a trade.👀 👀

👀🚨

Just pay the dude and move on

Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
The parties need to agree and he needs to be here for TC ready to go. Hold out won't do any good for anyone.

I don't know the details, but the experts say the fine structure when already under contract can't be forgiven and pretty much makes holdouts impossible anymore.

Bosa and Chris Jones were hold out's last year.

OK, but the fines are up from $40k/day last year to $50k/day this year. More likely he'd hold "in". Game checks imo would be $14.1m/18 or $782,333/game, and he'd have to come back for the last 6 games or wouldn't accrue a season and he'd face the 5th year option all over again. Stashing him until late in the season wouldn't be our choice, but it would perserve cap space, save him from injury, give us a chance to give the rookies playing time, make him available to replace injuries, and he'd be there for the post season, so we might live with it just fine. He can do what he wants.

You are correct on that point. I forgot guys do the hold in to avoid the finds now.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jun 24, 2024 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Soft
Never good when folks start taking s**t personal. And seems like BA is definitely know talking though the media. First we kept hearing comments form TJ, then the s**t on social media, and now talking to Ryan Clark.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yeah I mean at this point I can't see SF trading him…they want to win now and future draft picks don't help that. Player for player trades don't really happen anymore, let alone in June.
BA posted an IG of him on a private flight to SC. He's going to sign a contract.
Share 49ersWebzone