LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 274 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dudes gonna cry and ask for a trade preferably to WAS. Too bad for him 9ers hold all the cards
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
sounds like he may be meeting with them to discuss his future outside SF...

Yeah I mean at this point I can't see SF trading him…they want to win now and future draft picks don't help that. Player for player trades don't really happen anymore, let alone in June.

They also want to win in the future so trading for future picks isn't out of the question.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
BA posted an IG of him on a private flight to SC. He's going to sign a contract.

That is my hope!🙏🙏🙏
BA posted an IG of him on a private flight to SC. He's going to sign a contract.

doesn't seem to stressed lol
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

👀🚨

Having a meeting just to tell him to clean out his locker. Damn that's cold

No, He asked for the meeting, and he can't have talked to any other team without tampering.
They also want to win in the future so trading for future picks isn't out of the question.

I feel like if picks got the deal done, it would have happened when his stock was the highest…prior to this draft/FA. Teams still had the money to invest in BA and SF had the opportunity to use that cash set aside for BA to get better, along with the picks for this draft.

Doesn't make much sense to move him at this point. You got a bunch of core guys that are getting older and on expiring contracts, it time to win it all with these guys…You got less teams interested in going after BA after FA and the draft, so compensation isn't gonna be what you want either.

I feel like this meeting is all about stroking BA's ego, let him know SF loves him and get the ball rolling to make a deal. He's the one that asked for the meeting.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 24, 2024 at 1:52 PM ]
Why is every media outlet announcing this meeting right now the Niners don't leak anything. Must be coming from Aiyuk. He wants everybody talking about it.
Soft

bro has some b***hassness in him, but we knew that years back when he was throwing hissy fits off the broadcast angle and refusing to high five his teammates after they scored.
i hope they get the contract completely done today. wishful thinking
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Why is every media outlet announcing this meeting right now the Niners don't leak anything. Must be coming from Aiyuk. He wants everybody talking about it.

He posted that picture last night so the media is slow as f**k to connect the dots he was flying to the Bay Area

I feel like if picks got the deal done, it would have happened when his stock was the highest…prior to this draft/FA. Teams still had the money to invest in BA and SF had the opportunity to use that cash set aside for BA to get better, along with the picks for this draft.

Doesn't make much sense to move him at this point. You got a bunch of core guys that are getting older and on expiring contracts, it time to win it all with these guys…You got less teams interested in going after BA after FA and the draft, so compensation isn't gonna be what you want either.

I feel like this meeting is all about stroking BA's ego, let him know SF loves him and get the ball rolling to make a deal. He's the one that asked for the meeting.

I'm not gonna act like I'm in the know of what's going on. I think in the immediate losing Aiyuk hurts this team but once we pay Brock we need to start being okay with trading players coming into their prime to build a sustainable winner.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Soft

bro has some b***hassness in him, but we knew that years back when he was throwing hissy fits off the broadcast angle and refusing to high five his teammates after they scored.

Yeah and his passive aggressive ways of saying he wants out of a run first offense and s**t. Dudes a team player on the field but damn he's resentful about not being the guy once he's outside the lines.
Is he taking his talents to South Beach?

Originally posted by BOI49er:
And playing on three one year contracts guarantees him Nothing beyond the current year if he is injured. And, he's got no big signing bonus nobody can take away that also earns new money.

There is simply only one rational way to go, and his agent will be telling him so.

Gonna try to tweek the offer one last time around the edges, but then he's gonna sign before he turns himself into a gd diva holding in at training camp.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jun 24, 2024 at 2:13 PM ]
Yes, there were contract stalls with Deebo (drama too) and Bosa (no drama but just the wait), but this feels way off-base and honestly puts Aiyuk in poor light.

Deebo played two positions, which obscured and heightened his market value, and was a singular playmaker revered around the league.

Aiyuk is a damn good wide receiver, but he is not the type of player that should be challenging what the 49ers are willing to give him at this stage unless it was a low ball, which by all indications, it's not.

He has no leverage here. If he was worth what he thinks he's worth, then a team would have came in and blown away SF with a trade offer for him on draft day.

That didn't happen; which means the rest of the league's valuation of Aiyuk is aligned with San Francisco's.

Now another team may have not wanted to give up the draft capital but can afford to pay him more (eg, Washington) but that doesn't matter because he's under contract, and the 49ers aren't just going to give him away to make him happy and stroke his ego.

The 49ers front office, after bumbling so much year after year, have made some very smart strategic decisions of late. If he doesn't come down to the number they're at, then force him to play this year and prove it to another team that he's worth whatever he's asking.
Share 49ersWebzone