LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 268 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Yes, there were contract stalls with Deebo (drama too) and Bosa (no drama but just the wait), but this feels way off-base and honestly puts Aiyuk in poor light.

Deebo played two positions, which obscured and heightened his market value, and was a singular playmaker revered around the league.

Aiyuk is a damn good wide receiver, but he is not the type of player that should be challenging what the 49ers are willing to give him at this stage unless it was a low ball, which by all indications, it's not.

He has no leverage here. If he was worth what he thinks he's worth, then a team would have came in and blown away SF with a trade offer for him on draft day.

That didn't happen; which means the rest of the league's valuation of Aiyuk is aligned with San Francisco's.

Now another team may have not wanted to give up the draft capital but can afford to pay him more (eg, Washington) but that doesn't matter because he's under contract, and the 49ers aren't just going to give him away to make him happy and stroke his ego.

The 49ers front office, after bumbling so much year after year, have made some very smart strategic decisions of late. If he doesn't come down to the number they're at, then force him to play this year and prove it to another team that he's worth whatever he's asking.

I'm far from a Shanny homer but I will say that all this BA hoopla begs the question (or maybe answers it) of why he was in Shanahan's doghouse in 2022.
There's just not enough real information to have a solid opinion about what is actually happening beyond the fact that they aren't in agreement on a new contract.

Unless I missed something the only thing we've heard is that the 49ers had an offer to him that would have paid him 26 million a year on average.
BA might want to give Klay Thompson a call.
I'm far from a Shanny homer but I will say that all this BA hoopla begs the question (or maybe answers it) of why he was in Shanahan's doghouse in 2022.

no block no rock
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
no block no rock

Lol. Deebo begs to differ (at least from an overall effort without the ball standpoint).
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
There's just not enough real information to have a solid opinion about what is actually happening beyond the fact that they aren't in agreement on a new contract.

Unless I missed something the only thing we've heard is that the 49ers had an offer to him that would have paid him 26 million a year on average.

My understanding is that is feelings are hurt. lol not even joking - he's been taking the negotiations personal. So my guess, is that the team and BA sit down and discuss why the offer is what the offer and how it impacts their cap - how they can't afford to give him a Jefferson contract. Educate him on the salary cap and how they manage it.

that's my guess. Too many players make dumbass comments like "they're billionaires, they can afford it" - not really realizing that the only people theyre actually taking money from are their teammates. lol taking money away from putting quality players around them or keeping quality players there. The money they're taking from is the pot for the players around them, doesn't impact the owners at all.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jun 24, 2024 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
My understanding is that is feelings are hurt. lol not even joking - he's been taking the negotiations personal. So my guess, is that the team and BA sit down and discuss why the offer is what the offer and how it impacts their cap - how they can't afford to give him a Jefferson contract. Educate him on the salary cap and how they manage it.

that's my guess. Too many players make dumbass comments like "they're billionaires, they can afford it" - not really realizing that the only people theyre actually taking money from are their teammates. lol taking money away from putting quality players around them or keeping quality players there. The money they're taking from is the pot for the players around them, doesn't impact the owners at all.

I think Aiyuk should squeeze every dollar he can in negotiation.

I also think the team should drive the hardest bargain possible.

It's just the name of the game. Not ready to start casting blame and/or revisit past happenings under new a new lens with the available information.
Yes, there were contract stalls with Deebo (drama too) and Bosa (no drama but just the wait), but this feels way off-base and honestly puts Aiyuk in poor light.

Deebo played two positions, which obscured and heightened his market value, and was a singular playmaker revered around the league.

Aiyuk is a damn good wide receiver, but he is not the type of player that should be challenging what the 49ers are willing to give him at this stage unless it was a low ball, which by all indications, it's not.

He has no leverage here. If he was worth what he thinks he's worth, then a team would have came in and blown away SF with a trade offer for him on draft day.

That didn't happen; which means the rest of the league's valuation of Aiyuk is aligned with San Francisco's.

Now another team may have not wanted to give up the draft capital but can afford to pay him more (eg, Washington) but that doesn't matter because he's under contract, and the 49ers aren't just going to give him away to make him happy and stroke his ego.

The 49ers front office, after bumbling so much year after year, have made some very smart strategic decisions of late. If he doesn't come down to the number they're at, then force him to play this year and prove it to another team that he's worth whatever he's asking.

It always comes down to one word. Effort.

It's just the name of the game. Not ready to start casting blame and/or revisit past happenings under new a new lens with the available information.

I think people should just be rational. lol

If Aiyuk is driving the hardest bargain possible, then why wouldn't the team? especially when they have the leverage? doesn't make any sense - just let the players abuse the s**t out of you and take as much as possible so you have less to try and build a winning team with? which ultimately will determine if you have a job in a year or so?

I'm not blaming anyone - I'm saying that players need to educate themselves on the salary cap cause I've seen a lot of podcasts with them and very few (from what I've seen) actually understand how it works and why teams can/cant pay or won't pay. a lot of them think ownership is rich so they can get whatever they want and it is irrelevant. lol just not that way it works in the NFL, go play basketball if they want that.

I think the offer already exceeds what he'll get the next three years if he Never comes to terms. More likely we'll cave a bit on guaranteed money and payment timings to soothe his feelings, and it will be done.

Super Bowl.

I'm just waiting to see how all the content creators will spin this and for how long.
Originally posted by Heroism:
bro has some b***hassness in him, but we knew that years back when he was throwing hissy fits off the broadcast angle and refusing to high five his teammates after they scored.

True

I think it gets done by Wed. He signs. Bosa had more class about his payday tbh. Didn't make a spectacle but yeah, Bosa is a chill dude. Don't take it personal, like Armstead lol
[ Edited by Montana on Jun 24, 2024 at 2:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

👀🚨

Having a meeting just to tell him to clean out his locker. Damn that's cold

Wow that's **way** too soon for Aiyuk to sign. This couuld be a trade.👀 👀

Maybe he's not fully happy playing for a run oriented team? It could be that Aiyuk wants to be the star of the offense and that's unlikely to happen on a team that features Deebo, Kittle and CMC. Jmo, of course
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

👀🚨

Having a meeting just to tell him to clean out his locker. Damn that's cold

Wow that's **way** too soon for Aiyuk to sign. This couuld be a trade.👀 👀

Maybe he's not fully happy playing for a run oriented team? It could be that Aiyuk wants to be the star of the offense and that's unlikely to happen on a team that features Deebo, Kittle and CMC. Jmo, of course

Not all opinions on this website are correct. But this one, this one is correct

The f**k
Share 49ersWebzone