LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 293 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Silky:
It's wild how public NFL contract negotiations are today. Mix that in with the internet and social media, it either makes you dislike the player or the organization for one reason or another. I'm 36 now but I'd imagine you barely heard about contract negotiations and disputes in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and beginning of 2000s.

Just look at what negotiations did to our most recent players. I'm glad Deebo signed, but I view him differently for how he handled himself. I'm glad Bosa signed, but I'm disappointed in his hooplah and apparent out-shape cardio at the beginning of the season last year. Then you can take let's say the past 10 years and all the players who have held out and made a spectacle with trade rumors , disgruntledness, social media comments, media comments...while the fans suffered.

This stuff with Aiyuk is disappointing to me. He reminded me of a quiet Marvin Harrison type. Maybe he's in the right, or maybe he's in the wrong, but the way stuff is today is WWE like. Just out there for everyone to comment and see. I liked when we just argued about great or poor play on the field. The occasional murder or elevator incident within the NFL. This contract talks needs to be private and no social media. Should be written in their rookie contracts for when it's time to renegotiate.

I wish they weren't public. I wish they could just keep their salary to themselves. Unfortunately with the salary cap it makes it mandatory that the numbers are made public.

That's how they keep things transparent with the NFLPA. And if it wasn't public, small market teams could try to hide their finances which could throw off the collective bargaining agreement.
These contract extensions are usually signed during training camp. Nothing new here.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
BA making Deebo's pre-contract extension drama look tame in comparison.

It is a bit of a turn off.
dude is hella in his feelings .

[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 25, 2024 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Originally posted by Heroism:

This report makes completely no sense, cause Breer, I think was the one who said there was a potential trade declined by the Commanders, but Schefter yesterday on NFL Live said they were never going to trade him, they weren't serious about it, so idk who to believe, as I've always said, I don't trust or believe what the media says, not 100%, sure they get some right, but they've been wrong a lot.
All this drama 3 years in a row smh. First Deebo, then Bosa, and now Aiyuk smh
Originally posted by BCB_Purdy:

Purdy on deck about to cause all kinds of country boy havoc
I don't remember any drama with Bosa & Deebos drama seems pretty mild by comparison.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Purdy on deck about to cause all kinds of country boy havoc

He'll demand a trade to Phoenix and a custom John Deere

At least Bosa wasn't a cry baby ho3 about it and you didn't hear him crying every week about the contract
There's hardly any player in this league (outside of maybe Mahomes) who isn't tradable.

Sure, the 49ers want to keep Brandon, but if the right deal comes along, they'll ship him out.
Originally posted by linkboy:
There's hardly any player in this league (outside of maybe Mahomes) who isn't tradable.

Sure, the 49ers want to keep Brandon, but if the right deal comes along, they'll ship him out.

The "right deal" isnt coming along, both from a timing perspective and from a value perspective. I am not saying we for sure wont end up trading him, but it wont be great value if we do.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The "right deal" isnt coming along, both from a timing perspective and from a value perspective. I am not saying we for sure wont end up trading him, but it wont be great value if we do.

you answered your own question. why would we trade him for not great value, and we are trying to win a SB here. he is our #1 WR.
He spends way too much time on social media.

Weirdo
Share 49ersWebzone