LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 250 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by boast:
pretty crazy seeing fans here turning on BA. imagine thinking he's anything near the distraction TO was. i blame the media. most fans believe everything they read. there are very few actual quotes from BA but he's being blasted for much more now. everyone is getting emotional from gobbling up the bait in clickbait.

You can't play the blame the media card when BA is the one in the media with the BS. The media didn't force him to respond to trolls. Nor did the media force him to stage the stuff with Daniel's. Ryan Clark said he spoke directly with BA. This is on BA trying to negotiate in the media b/c it's the only leverage he has. Now I don't agree with ppl turning on him but this is on him and his agent, not the media.

You speak truth...
BA has every right to negotiate through social media. That is just how life is now. People who don't understand that social media is more of who you are than anything else, need to get with 2024 and get out of the 1990s.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jun 25, 2024 at 9:26 PM ]
If BA wants to play for the Commanders, Then I question how much he cares about winning. Because that team is not contending anytime soon.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If BA wants to play for the Commanders, Then I question how much he cares about winning. Because that team is not contending anytime soon.

Where did he say that ? He's trying to get his main payday just like every other athlete.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
I never thought BA was gona be even more annoying than Deebo

You ain't seen nuttin' yet. Wait till you see the Brock Purdy negotiations.
Originally posted by boast:
pretty crazy seeing fans here turning on BA. imagine thinking he's anything near the distraction TO was. i blame the media. most fans believe everything they read. there are very few actual quotes from BA but he's being blasted for much more now. everyone is getting emotional from gobbling up the bait in clickbait.

Same people who turned on Deebo and Bosa. It's kinda funny every year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

No kidding its going to be pandemonium, there's going to be people vying the point we should keep drafting qbs to have to have that rookie contracts and use that franchise qb money for the team as a whole
Folks tossing out Terry McClaurin as some good trade value

dude is gonna be 29 at the beginning of the season. It's not like he's making nothing either (yes some of that cash will stay in DC).

he's also gonna want a new extension in a year like Deebo. So we're gonna go through this whole thing again and he will be in his 30s through his new deal… Toss in he's simply not as good as BA. His catch % was massively worse last yr, his yards per reception wasn't even close to BA's. He's not blocking like BA. He's not gonna be getting 140 targets a yr here either….He's just not as good. Why make that trade if you're SF? Let BA whine and play out his 5th yr option. Tag him and let him play out the tag or trade him when there's a legit market. There is no high end market in July.

end of the day if SF was ever gonna move BA it was when they were talking to teams like DC before the draft. BA is doing his thing via social media, so what SF can't sniff around and see what he's worth to other teams? Bro needs to stop taking s**t personally.

I also think he's finding out that teams aren't gonna pay him what he wants. Not just SF. Teams gotta trade and pay him what he wants and that's sounding like it's not a thing right now.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
BA has every right to negotiate through social media. That is just how life is now. People who don't understand that social media is more of who you are than anything else, need to get with 2024 and get out of the 1990s.

Who said he doesn't have the right? Making himself look like a pleb though.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Something tells me it'll be much more professional with less immature outbursts and "keeping it real" vibes from his wife and family.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Folks tossing out Terry McClaurin as some good trade value

dude is gonna be 29 at the beginning of the season. It's not like he's making nothing either (yes some of that cash will stay in DC).

he's also gonna want a new extension in a year like Deebo. So we're gonna go through this whole thing again and he will be in his 30s through his new deal… Toss in he's simply not as good as BA. His catch % was massively worse last yr, his yards per reception wasn't even close to BA's. He's not blocking like BA. He's not gonna be getting 140 targets a yr here either….He's just not as good. Why make that trade if you're SF? Let BA whine and play out his 5th yr option. Tag him and let him play out the tag or trade him when there's a legit market. There is no high end market in July.

end of the day if SF was ever gonna move BA it was when they were talking to teams like DC before the draft. BA is doing his thing via social media, so what SF can't sniff around and see what he's worth to other teams? Bro needs to stop taking s**t personally.

I also think he's finding out that teams aren't gonna pay him what he wants. Not just SF. Teams gotta trade and pay him what he wants and that's sounding like it's not a thing right now.

So your opinion is Terry isn't a good? I tossed it out as a rebuttal to trading for sweat as he's not on the Commies. And yes Terry can do what Aiyuk can do. Dudes been putting up 1k yards every year with trash around him.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Heroism:
dude is hella in his feelings .

here is the actual reply from BA to the IG post about a rumored trade to WAS. This was earlier today after meeting with the team, so I'm guessing he's probably even more butthurt right now.

was neva

Wasn't Deebo "advising" BA on how to get paid?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
So your opinion is Terry isn't a good? I tossed it out as a rebuttal to trading for sweat as he's not on the Commies. And yes Terry can do what Aiyuk can do. Dudes been putting up 1k yards every year with trash around him.

it wasn't really directed at you…I've just seen it throw out all over the place.

No I don't think he's as good as BA. He's squeaking out 1K seasons because he's getting like 30 or so more targets a year on a s**t team. DC literally threw the ball more than any team in football this yr.

For me, it's about what you can do with each reception. Terry isn't at the level. His Y/R shows that. BA is one of the best separators in the league. His hands are much better. He can block. He actually gets YAC.

so no he can't do what BA does for this team. He's not that guy and he's gonna want get paid in a year all the same. Thankfully player for player trades don't happen.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Where did he say that ? He's trying to get his main payday just like every other athlete.

I doubt Aiyuk would want to waste away the rest of his career playing for the Commanders, but If he does, then that would say a lot about his character.

That being said, I hope a deal gets done soon, so we can put this behind us and prepare ourselves for another shot at the super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone