There are 247 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I doubt Aiyuk would want to waste away the rest of his career playing for the Commanders, but If he does, then that would say a lot about his character.

That being said, I hope a deal gets done soon, so we can put this behind us and prepare ourselves for another shot at the super bowl.

He's just playing the game. He wants to get paid. SF wants him as well…they wouldn't be tossing out legit deals if they didn't. He wouldn't be here if they didn't.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 26, 2024 at 9:29 AM ]
Dude is just embarrassing himself at this point commenting on random IG clickbait pages. I could care less about Jayden, players work out with other players all the time.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I doubt Aiyuk would want to waste away the rest of his career playing for the Commanders, but If he does, then that would say a lot about his character.

That being said, I hope a deal gets done soon, so we can put this behind us and prepare ourselves for another shot at the super bowl.

He's just playing the game. He wasn't to get paid. SF wants him as well…they wouldn't be tossing out legit deals if they didn't. He wouldn't be here if they didn't.

Agree 💯% unfortunately this is the business side of this cool game.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't play the blame the media card when BA is the one in the media with the BS. The media didn't force him to respond to trolls. Nor did the media force him to stage the stuff with Daniel's. Ryan Clark said he spoke directly with BA. This is on BA trying to negotiate in the media b/c it's the only leverage he has. Now I don't agree with ppl turning on him but this is on him and his agent, not the media.

Agree, but would it be more on his agent?

If BA stays and is not happy..will it affect his playing, I wonder? Hmm. But maybe he will get over it.

If he plays poorly his earnings would decline because another team will not want to pay more for less production, if the 49ers agreed to trade him next year.

It is in BA's best interest to ball out regardless, up's his stock with the 49ers and they actually have to bump him up next year if no contract is done this year, or he balled out and another team will have to pay more for his services next year plus sweeten the trade deal.
He will play here. Where is he going to go? He can get $22 - $24 million. $30 million is ridiculous for a WR. This team is too obsessed with WR anyway and we didn't need another one in the 1st round. We need offensive line, DT, S, CB.

He's just playing the game. He wasn't to get paid. SF wants him as well…they wouldn't be tossing out legit deals if they didn't. He wouldn't be here if they didn't.

I agree that would be a mistake for him to go to Washington for more money unless is was substantial. Why waste your career in a place that has no chance of winning a SB during your time there.

If he were to leave just for a a couple million per year more than good riddance. I doubt he will leave. I expect them to reach an agreement.
Originally posted by Giedi:

He's just playing the game. He wants to get paid. SF wants him as well…they wouldn't be tossing out legit deals if they didn't. He wouldn't be here if they didn't.

Agree 💯% unfortunately this is the business side of this cool game.

Yup
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I agree that would be a mistake for him to go to Washington for more money unless is was substantial. Why waste your career in a place that has no chance of winning a SB during your time there.

If he were to leave just for a a couple million per year more than good riddance. I doubt he will leave. I expect them to reach an agreement.

I mean I don't see DC giving him the cash he wants anyway
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
So your opinion is Terry isn't a good? I tossed it out as a rebuttal to trading for sweat as he's not on the Commies. And yes Terry can do what Aiyuk can do. Dudes been putting up 1k yards every year with trash around him.

it wasn't really directed at you…I've just seen it throw out all over the place.

No I don't think he's as good as BA. He's squeaking out 1K seasons because he's getting like 30 or so more targets a year on a s**t team. DC literally threw the ball more than any team in football this yr.

For me, it's about what you can do with each reception. Terry isn't at the level. His Y/R shows that. BA is one of the best separators in the league. His hands are much better. He can block. He actually gets YAC.

so no he can't do what BA does for this team. He's not that guy and he's gonna want get paid in a year all the same. Thankfully player for player trades don't happen.

He's the focus of every defense that faces the Commanders and has been catching passes from Sam Howell, Taylor Heineke and Carson Wentz. Meanwhile Aiyuk has had the benefit of having one of the best offensive minds dialing up plays and being a 2nd or 3rd focal point for defenses to defend every week. And the focal point for defenses is always stop the run first vs us. He also only averaged 1.25 more targets than Aiyuk a game last season cause Yuk only played 16 games.

All I'm saying is let's not disrespect Terry McLaurin like he's some bum the dudes been criminally underrated his entire football career and has produced whenever given the chance. Could he step in and do what Aiyuk does receiving the ball Id say yes. Blocking probably not and that's why I'd say yeah Aiyuk is the better player but it's not some massive difference between them. If Aiyuk were to refuse to sign a contract and a draft pick and Terry was on the table I don't think it would be foolish to take it.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Youngone:
Dude is just embarrassing himself at this point commenting on random IG clickbait pages. I could care less about Jayden, players work out with other players all the time.

Totally agree, tired of this b******t drama already.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by boast:
pretty crazy seeing fans here turning on BA. imagine thinking he's anything near the distraction TO was. i blame the media. most fans believe everything they read. there are very few actual quotes from BA but he's being blasted for much more now. everyone is getting emotional from gobbling up the bait in clickbait.

You can't play the blame the media card when BA is the one in the media with the BS. The media didn't force him to respond to trolls. Nor did the media force him to stage the stuff with Daniel's. Ryan Clark said he spoke directly with BA. This is on BA trying to negotiate in the media b/c it's the only leverage he has. Now I don't agree with ppl turning on him but this is on him and his agent, not the media.

you can absolutely blame the media. everything you just mentioned is from the media.
  1. BA in the Daniels vid doesnt even mention the Niners. youre leaning on the Mike Florio driven narrative where PFT (the media) adds The 49ers to BA's quote. we already know BA loves to troll from his Tomlin tweets a few months back.
  2. as ive mentioned before, Ryan Clark (media analyst) is renowned Niner hater. he does anything he can do to stir the pot. again, where's the direct quote from Aiyuk. i dont want to hear it from Clark, i want to hear it from BA before blasting him. RC is a hot take moron. see his Purdy doesn't elevate the team take earlier this year.
  3. Adam Schefter (the media) adding disgruntled to his tweet
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He's the focus of every defense that faces the Commanders and has been catching passes from Sam Howell, Taylor Heineke and Carson Wentz. Meanwhile Aiyuk has had the benefit of having one of the best offensive minds dialing up plays and being a 2nd or 3rd focal point for defenses to defend every week. And the focal point for defenses is always stop the run first vs us. He also only averaged 1.25 more targets than Aiyuk a game last season cause Yuk only played 16 games.

All I'm saying is let's not disrespect Terry McLaurin like he's some bum the dudes been criminally underrated his entire football career and has produced whenever given the chance. Could he step in and do what Aiyuk does receiving the ball Id say yes. Blocking probably not and that's why I'd say yeah Aiyuk is the better player but it's not some massive difference between them. If Aiyuk were to refuse to sign a contract and a draft pick and Terry was on the table I don't think it would be foolish to take it.

Never said he was a bum. I said take away 30ish targets a year he's not gonna sneak out 1K seasons on the regular. I mean the "focus" is a bit extreme. You think they're bracketing him all game?

I simply disagree that Terry is on the same level as BA. You clearly do, so why would DC ever give up compensation, give BA more cash and still take on DM from Terry being moved? If you think they're on the same level?

I think it would be foolish based on what I said earlier. He's older, he's got a contract extension coming up all the same and no I don't put him at the same level as BA. We know it won't happen and it's just talk…overall it would be a desperation move on SF's part and not selling when they should have if they really have no intention of extending BA
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 26, 2024 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Koldo:
This guy acting like he's T. O. in his prime and he's not even a top-5 WR.

I believe he's top five as All Pro tends to indicate but he's not TO who was better than any WR currently playing in this league

Exactly, people put up with TO rumored personality issues because he was outstanding.

I personally don't think TO was as bad as the media tried to paint him...but that was a different time....the media might have known a ton of negative stuff, but did not publish it due to sourcing issues. ..very different then today when they just make stuff up out of thin air.

As far as BA, good player...but not a great let alone all time great
Share 49ersWebzone