LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 260 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Exactly, people put up with TO rumored personality issues because he was outstanding.

I personally don't think TO was as bad as the media tried to paint him...but that was a different time....the media might have known a ton of negative stuff, but did not publish it due to sourcing issues. ..very different then today when they just make stuff up out of thin air.

As far as BA, good player...but not a great let alone all time great

he was worse
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Same people who turned on Deebo and Bosa. It's kinda funny every year.

I don't think anybody turned on Bosa because he kept his mouth shut and just let his agent take care of it. The way it should be. But WR's seem to have a different script than everybody else. It's not just the Niners, It's all WR's around the league. And I really don't see anything they accomplish by acting this way, other than painting themselves in a negative light. Are team's really going to cave because the player airs out all their dirty laundry?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Exactly, people put up with TO rumored personality issues because he was outstanding.

I personally don't think TO was as bad as the media tried to paint him...but that was a different time....the media might have known a ton of negative stuff, but did not publish it due to sourcing issues. ..very different then today when they just make stuff up out of thin air.

he was worse

T.O. was fun, ridiculous but fun . Standing on the Cowboy's star, was a moment lol but then later on, he was a Cowboy, just hilarious. Such a fun time, F☆ck Dallas
yeah i dont remember BA getting suspended twice in the same season. first in training camp for a week and then for four games in-season for conduct detrimental to the team.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

he was worse

He could have been...the media use to sit on personality issues without tons of sources...I could see how he could be...but I never faulted the dude for the star stuff, and the I was not the one puking in the 4th...dude came back and risked permanent injury to win a Superbowl and his out shape QB folded....i would preferred the high road...but I get it....

Either way BA is a Saint by comparison if also a shadow of the talent
So apparently both parties said things they needed to express and there's no plan for any trade. Well that doesn't tell me Jacks**t.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
So apparently both parties said things they needed to express and there's no plan for any trade. Well that doesn't tell me Jacks**t.
it does. No trade = BA signing around camp time
I expect the Niners wll sign Aiyuk and trade Deebo after the season if one or both of the guys they drafted look good in camp and pre season. I don't know why but I have a good feeling about Pearsall.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jun 26, 2024 at 1:21 PM ]
He could have been...the media use to sit on personality issues without tons of sources...I could see how he could be...but I never faulted the dude for the star stuff, and the I was not the one puking in the 4th...dude came back and risked permanent injury to win a Superbowl and his out shape QB folded....i would preferred the high road...but I get it....

Either way BA is a Saint by comparison if also a shadow of the talent

he did Garcia wrong
'if it smells like a rat' what the bleep was that? TO is the rat
so i lost all respect for him after that,
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
it does. No trade = BA signing around camp time

This was my takeaway too. If this report (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-49ers-had-good-meeting-with-brandon-aiyuk-not-seeking-to-trade-him) is true that the meeting went well and that the 49ers have no interest in trading Aiyuk and Aiyuk has no interest in a trade, and both want him here long-term, it would seem to indicate they're...at best...closer than they were; and, at minimum, amicably still apart in terms of numbers but confident they'll get there.

I guess there's the possibility that they could also dig their heels in and Aiyuk will commit to playing out his final year, if need be, but if that was the case, I can't imagine he'd leave that meeting on good terms. In that scenario, I imagine he would have grown more disgruntled and requested a trade.

Originally posted by boast:
yeah i dont remember BA getting suspended twice in the same season. first in training camp for a week and then for four games in-season for conduct detrimental to the team.

Our team is way better conduct wise now..the Harbaugh years were especially embarrassing..DUI here, domestic violence there..10 or so arrests of Niners players? Srsly, I almost walked away from football and didn't feel that great being a Niners fan. Did not have much pride in my team. Just no good. I am glad it's cleaned up now.
Originally posted by Montana:
Our team is way better conduct wise now..the Harbaugh years were especially embarrassing..DUI here, domestic violence there..10 or so arrests of Niners players? Srsly, I almost walked away from football and didn't feel that great being a Niners fan. Did not have much pride in my team. Just no good. I am glad it's cleaned up now.

Was especially sweet when the FO and ownership effectively blamed the guy who didn't have control of the roster.

Win with class though.
we're gonna get a contract for him and we'll all celebrate and be happy he's a niner! let's gooooo
prolly posted before but posting because i think there a few here who think BA is average and can be easily replaced.

AND HE BLOCKS LIKE A MADMAN

Originally posted by boast:
prolly posted before but posting because i think there a few here who think BA is average and can be easily replaced.

AND HE BLOCKS LIKE A MADMAN

amen, great stuff. he went from doghouse to penthouse
Share 49ersWebzone