LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 296 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Koldo:
This guy acting like he's T. O. in his prime and he's not even a top-5 WR.

I believe he's top five as All Pro tends to indicate but he's not TO who was better than any WR currently playing in this league

Exactly, people put up with TO rumored personality issues because he was outstanding.

I personally don't think TO was as bad as the media tried to paint him...but that was a different time....the media might have known a ton of negative stuff, but did not publish it due to sourcing issues. ..very different then today when they just make stuff up out of thin air.

As far as BA, good player...but not a great let alone all time great

BA is a great player right now. If he had 6 or 7 more years of last year's production, he would be a HOF candidate. Not saying his career will follow that trajectory as sustained production is easier said than done, but he is easily our best WR since TO.
Originally posted by Chance:
BA is a great player right now. If he had 6 or 7 more years of last year's production, he would be a HOF candidate. Not saying his career will follow that trajectory as sustained production is easier said than done, but he is easily our best WR since TO.

What about Boldin? Short lived but good WR.
Originally posted by Montana:

Strictly considering his time with us, I think I'd go Aiyuk.
BA gonna be an All Pro this year. You can take it to the bank.

Boldin was really good for us for 2 years. Careerwise, no doubt Boldin is ahead of Aiyuk...we'll see where Aiyuk finishes. Although you could argue that Boldin's game was a lot more like Owens than Aiyuk's is. They're different kinds of receivers.

As for 6 or 7 more years...there's all kinds of snarky comments that pop into mind that I'm going to avoid typing. Let's just say that it's up to Aiyuk to prove it. He performed like a top 5 WR this season. It's way too early to compare him with Owens. Owens was a top 2-3 WR year in and year out most of his career. And that was playing in an era where Jerry Rice (the GOAT) and Randy Moss (Probably the most talented WR ever) played. Aiyuk isn't that guy...at least he hasn't shown that he is yet.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Boldin was really good for us for 2 years. Careerwise, no doubt Boldin is ahead of Aiyuk...we'll see where Aiyuk finishes. Although you could argue that Boldin's game was a lot more like Owens than Aiyuk's is. They're different kinds of receivers.

As for 6 or 7 more years...there's all kinds of snarky comments that pop into mind that I'm going to avoid typing. Let's just say that it's up to Aiyuk to prove it. He performed like a top 5 WR this season. It's way too early to compare him with Owens. Owens was a top 2-3 WR year in and year out most of his career. And that was playing in an era where Jerry Rice (the GOAT) and Randy Moss (Probably the most talented WR ever) played. Aiyuk isn't that guy...at least he hasn't shown that he is yet.

Please point out where I compared him to Owens?
hey brandon aiyuk do you read webzone posts? post a tweet if you do. you don't have to be direct. just give us a sign.
Too much TO bashing in this thread. Dude should've been a first ballot HOFer. And thing I noticed is when TO had a true alpha in the building he kept quiet and didn't make waves.

When he was under Steve Young and Rice he played his position. When he was under Bill Parcells he kept quiet. When Mooch and Garcia was here he mouthed off. He then did the same under Reid and McNabb then Wade Philips and Romo.

TO wouldn't have tried that playing under Favre or Elway. Not under Bill Cowher, Ray Lewis or Bellicheck.

Yes TO had his character flaws but he knew who to act out with and who not to.

BA is nowhere near the headache TO was but he's also nowhere near the talent and no I wouldn't want TO today under Brock and Kyle but I could see him in Pittsburgh under Mike Tomlin.

You said best WR since Owens. Which means he's not better than Ownes. Hence the comparison
Originally posted by Stanley:

You said best WR since Owens. Which means he's not better than Ownes. Hence the comparison

Let's not be pedantic. The poster was using comparison the way people do when you say someone is as good as someone. Read the context.

he's not even remotely close to Owens, let's not get crazy
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Too much TO bashing in this thread. Dude should've been a first ballot HOFer. And thing I noticed is when TO had a true alpha in the building he kept quiet and didn't make waves.

When he was under Steve Young and Rice he played his position. When he was under Bill Parcells he kept quiet. When Mooch and Garcia was here he mouthed off. He then did the same under Reid and McNabb then Wade Philips and Romo.

TO wouldn't have tried that playing under Favre or Elway. Not under Bill Cowher, Ray Lewis or Bellicheck.

Yes TO had his character flaws but he knew who to act out with and who not to.

BA is nowhere near the headache TO was but he's also nowhere near the talent and no I wouldn't want TO today under Brock and Kyle but I could see him in Pittsburgh under Mike Tomlin.

Owens is an all time great!

His numbers are up there, and he was consistent.

People didn't like his attitude, I can understand that but his game spoke for itself.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Exactly, people put up with TO rumored personality issues because he was outstanding.

I personally don't think TO was as bad as the media tried to paint him...but that was a different time....the media might have known a ton of negative stuff, but did not publish it due to sourcing issues. ..very different then today when they just make stuff up out of thin air.

he was worse

HAHAH, I literally said the same thing, then next page you posted it. He was an immature psycho tbh. But also one of the all time great WR's

BA can whine and kick a little and the FO could be hard asses, but they don't low ball either from what we have really seen. If it were truly a bad offer he would play out and move on. They offer fair market contracts from what I have seen. I think the league and agents need to educate these guys on the contract side of things. I have a feeling John has a great way of explaining the entire business side from his obvious now GM role vs being a player etc.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

he was worse

HAHAH, I literally said the same thing, then next page you posted it. He was an immature psycho tbh. But also one of the all time great WR's

BA can whine and kick a little and the FO could be hard asses, but they don't low ball either from what we have really seen. If it were truly a bad offer he would play out and move on. They offer fair market contracts from what I have seen. I think the league and agents need to educate these guys on the contract side of things. I have a feeling John has a great way of explaining the entire business side from his obvious now GM role vs being a player etc.

What did T.O do that made him a psycho?

Arron Hernandez was a psycho, T.O never had any off field issues. Never arrested, didn't beat his girlfriend, no dirty PED test like Julian Edelman, never caught with a fire arm, didn't fight pitbulls or harm animals. T.O simply had a high opinion of self, worked hard to turn himself into a H.O.F player, and oh yea he let everyone know how good he was. He wasn't even supposed to be OUR guy, that was supposed to be J.J Stokes (1st round pick).

Not sure how T.O gets such a bad wrap when you have all of these other NFL guys in the news everyday (arrested, rape, firearms, DV...)

he's not even remotely close to Owens, let's not get crazy

Do people read or just construct strawmen out of thin air?

No one has compared him to Owens.
Share 49ersWebzone