LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 285 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"BA is elite"

lol who the f**k writes these articles for the webzone? He's very good, but nowhere near elite.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 27, 2024 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
prolly posted before but posting because i think there a few here who think BA is average and can be easily replaced.

AND HE BLOCKS LIKE A MADMAN

He's under appreciated by this fan base because he wants to get paid and doesn't catch 100+ balls (which has nothing to do with him).

there's only a handful of WRs I would want over him for this team.
Originally posted by Heroism:
"BA is elite"

lol who the f**k writes these articles for the webzone? He's very good, but nowhere near elite.

I mean what makes a WR elite? I'd say BA has just about all those traits to be a stud for a while. He's just not playing in an offense that force feeds him the ball like some of the others.

Elite is a pretty subjective term anyway.

I feel like there's only a handful of WRs I'd take over him for this offense.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean what makes a WR elite? I'd say BA has just about all those traits to be a stud for a while. He's just not playing in an offense that force feeds him the ball like some of the others.

He's also the beneficiary of playing in an offense where he's never the focus of opposing DC's. They always focus on limiting or eliminating 19 or 23. Hell, KC's DB's coach didn't even know Aiyuk's name.

BA is very good, but these clickbait writers on here need to pump the brakes.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 27, 2024 at 10:52 AM ]

He's also playing in an offense where he's never the focus of opposing DC's. They always focus on limiting or eliminating 19 or 23. Hell, KC's DB's coach didn't even know Aiyuk's name.

I think that says a lot more about that dude just being an idiot, than it does about Aiyuk's recognition.
"BA is elite"

I agree. I will say he has improved every year (which is a massive compliment, since most players do not) so I am excited to see next year, but yeah he is not elite at this time.

He's also the beneficiary of playing in an offense where he's never the focus of opposing DC's. They always focus on limiting or eliminating 19 or 23. Hell, KC's DB's coach didn't even know Aiyuk's name.

He was an elite WR last year. Can't argue against that.

But that's only one year of elite production. Just like with Purdy, we need to see multiple years of this type of play to label any player elite. And at the end of the day, it's a subjective term that's going to mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people.
My problem with Aiyuk in all of this, is he ic clearly just focused on the money. Last year he was crying because he "just wanted to be a champion". Now he's posing like he'd want to go to Washington and be "happy" with losing seasons. Aiyuk has skills and is a great fit in our offense - NOT taking that away from him. But he wants to be paid like a high volume receiver - and he's not one. People say it's the offenses fault, not his. Ok? So still reward him for that? It's like a store manager expecting a bigger bonus, because it's not his fault his store has limited customers because it's in a small town - instead of New York City. The benefit for Aiyuk playing here, that he seems to completely ignore - is not being a high volume receiver will EXTEND HIS CAREER. Playing with Purdy, who does not throw high and expose his receivers to big hits on a regular basis - will extend his career AND probably give him a better quality of life once he retires. But all he cares about is that average dollar per year Apparently that is how he defines "respect".

That's a double edged sword imo. Put him on a s**t team that has to throw the ball a f**k ton and his number could very well be more.

I look at what he did with his targets and it's pretty damn impressive this past yr. One of the highest catch% in the league. One of the highest yards per reception in the league. One of the highest yards per route run. Dude didn't take plays off and doesn't get hurt.

I don't care what some DB coach said, he's was just been a jackass and probably doesn't know how to pronounce his last name.
Originally posted by Chance:
He was an elite WR last year. Can't argue against that.

But that's only one year of elite production. Just like with Purdy, we need to see multiple years of this type of play to label any player elite. And at the end of the day, it's a subjective term that's going to mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

He's improved every year. That's what you want. He's not just getting a bunch of free release easy plays either. He's gotta go out there and beat his man. I'm not saying Kyle doesn't scheme him up stuff either…I think his best ball his ahead. Also I'm never said he was elite. That would get tossed around a ton and is pretty subjective.

Originally posted by RDB4216:
My problem with Aiyuk in all of this, is he ic clearly just focused on the money. Last year he was crying because he "just wanted to be a champion". Now he's posing like he'd want to go to Washington and be "happy" with losing seasons. Aiyuk has skills and is a great fit in our offense - NOT taking that away from him. But he wants to be paid like a high volume receiver - and he's not one. People say it's the offenses fault, not his. Ok? So still reward him for that? It's like a store manager expecting a bigger bonus, because it's not his fault his store has limited customers because it's in a small town - instead of New York City. The benefit for Aiyuk playing here, that he seems to completely ignore - is not being a high volume receiver will EXTEND HIS CAREER. Playing with Purdy, who does not throw high and expose his receivers to big hits on a regular basis - will extend his career AND probably give him a better quality of life once he retires. But all he cares about is that average dollar per year Apparently that is how he defines "respect".

Like you wouldn't want to get paid what you're worth lol. Come on dude.

BA could play in one game and have his career over. He's not playing football for 25-30 yrs. Everyone else is getting theirs. The league is full of billionaire owners and guys like Nico Collins are getting 3yr $72M. You want all-pro players, it's not gonna be cheap.

also the ONLY reason he's not a high volume receiver is because of where he currently is. Your out of your mind if you don't think he would get forced fed on a different team. He runs every route at a high level. He's one of the best man beaters in the league. He can play inside/outside. Why can't he get 180 targets a yr?

Like you wouldn't want to get paid what you're worth lol. Come on dude.

BA could play in one game and have his career over. He's not playing football for 25-30 yrs. Everyone else is getting theirs. The league is full of billionaire owners and guys like Nico Collins are getting 3yr $72M. You want all-pro players, it's not gonna be cheap.

also the ONLY reason he's not a high volume receiver is because of where he currently is. Your out of your mind if you don't think he would get forced fed on a different team. He runs every route at a high level. He's one of the best man beaters in the league. He can play inside/outside. Why can't he get 180 targets a yr?

Reading AND comprehension. Try it. I stated why he isn't a high volume receiver. The point it, he wants to be paid like he is AND have the benefits of not being one. It's not that hard to understand.

And yeah if I had a great job that I loved, with lots of benefits - paying say $25 an hour. Or an absolute crap job that I hated going to every day, no benefits - paying $27...I'll take the slightly lesser pay for much better job.
Reading AND comprehension. Try it. I stated why he isn't a high volume receiver. The point it, he wants to be paid like he is AND have the benefits of not being one. It's not that hard to understand.

And yeah if I had a great job that I loved, with lots of benefits - paying say $25 an hour. Or an absolute crap job that I hated going to every day, no benefits - paying $27...I'll take the slightly lesser pay for much better job.

the volume isn't something he can control, with us being dead last in pass attempts. i don't think that gives us justification to pay less. after all he is still out on the field when he's not running routes, and he's blocking his tail off, which is a big deal in our O

on another note, the contract is presumably a long term deal, and it's hard to bake in assumptions about volume. KS would be the first to tell you that we don't know what the future holds and who will be around. so the volume can be radically different in a year or two and he's still on the contract. the contract should reflect his ability vs his peers, not our volume. just my 2 cents

No you didn't lol. You didn't give a single reason as to why he can't be a high volume receiver. Explain why he can't get 150+ targets a yr…outside of there being a f**k ton of talent on the roster. I wouldn't even say it's the scheme.

go look at Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Pierre Garcon….all Kyle's lead split ends (XWR) in the past. they got force fed the ball under him. The only difference is Kyle didn't have Kittle/deebo/CMC to go along with those guys.

How is that example on point? We're talking about millions of dollars not a couple bucks. Losing out $8-10M is not the same as $25-$27 per hr.

Playing in the NFL doesn't suck for these guys period. You acting like any other job besides being in SF blows is silly.
Brandon Aiyuk is an elite WR, who provides above average production, based on an average number of targets. If Brock is going to sling the rock around more then sign Aiyuk. If your know you will be cutting or trading Deebo next season then sign Aiyuk.

If those two things above aren't happening then the 9ers shouldn't sign Aiyuk. Man I want a SB. Get this butt hurt dude to camp so he can help them try and win one! But how many top paid WRs have won the SB the last couple of decades? How many elite WRs have even won SBs in that same time frame??? I don't know, I'm asking but my guess is not many.

49ers need to stop stepping on their own d**** in the SB, then maybe they'll get that elusive 6th. The one thing I will say about BA is I love the fact he takes this personal and if he wanted to be traded he would have asked for it and we'd know about it. So I think he really wants to stay here (which I also love) but 30 plus mill and you are paying Deebo what 28 this season? Man that's a lot of cheddar in the WR room.

Kind of like to see some of that scratch go to the OL. I'm a believer in Forester's beliefs on not drafting OL in the 1st round. But when I see Chris Jones and others blow my QBs up in the SB twice now at the most important times I start rethinking that strategy.

If the 49ers could get an elite level OL or an elite DT for BA I move him but I don't want to hear about picks unless they are included with a player. Otherwise pay that man and move on from Deebo after the year. Poor Deebo, so under-appreciated.

49ers are paying either 24 or 28 mill for a guy that had one career year and has been used more like a gadget player the last 2 seasons. SMH. I get it though, Deebo creates confusion and match up nightmares on defense. He's still not a real WR and I don't think he gets any healthier as he ages. Aiuyk and Pearsall I really like. Deebo and Pearsall, not so much. 49ers need to get Aiyuk figured out and signed. I believe they will right before or right as camp begins.
Share 49ersWebzone