LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 253 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
amen on the bold. he has been putting DBs on their backside including Ramsey, Jamel Dean, you name it
Dean fell on his butt so hard i believe he had to check out of the game for a while

That's all Purdy, not Aiyuk.
Purdy did not catch the ball. Purdy did not get open.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
amen on the bold. he has been putting DBs on their backside including Ramsey, Jamel Dean, you name it
Dean fell on his butt so hard i believe he had to check out of the game for a while

That's all Purdy, not Aiyuk.

you prove your point daily on how you don't understand football.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He didn't beat any man coverage in the Super Bowl. He was covered like a blanket.

Did you miss the play where he made an all pro cb McDuffie fall on his ASS wide open for a TD in overtime (Burford missed the block on Jones)????

Did you also miss the gameplan???? Which was forcing the ball to Deebo????

Come on mannnnnn. Hellooooooo McFlyyyyyy
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Again...slower this time...look at his stats. He's had TWO 1,000+ yard seasons, and one of those was barely. Nowhere did I say he "can't" be a high volume receiver, I said he "wasn't". And his STATS show that.

Apparently you don't understand comparrisons either. Honestly, think I'll pass on wasting any more of my time trying to explain basic concepts to you.

Derp again that's not on him. Not sure how you can't f**king comprehend that? We have all-pros TE/WR and RB and one ball. We had the least about of passing attempts in the nfl last yr.

only 75 catches this yr and was top 10 in yards. Lead the league in yards per reception. Near the top in catch % and yards per route run.

What you think CMC/Kittle and Deebo are all gonna be here in two yrs? Get real man. We got ALL these guys for one more yr and then some hard decisions will be made (between kittle/deebo). I'll take the youngest of the bunch and who CAN play outside at a high level and play with Brock for the next 4yrs.

I don't give a rats ass if he hasn't been hand fed a bunch of easy targets. I can care what he does every time he touches the ball and it was at an all-pro level.

Can you BOTH try to be a little more pleasant and a lot less personal in your posting please?
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Billionaires pay more cash? That is So wrong. The only billionaire that matters has already given Lynch and Shanahan the authority to spend the cap as they see best, and Every time they've gone to him to say we think we should advance front money to lock somebody up, Jed has Always said yes if you think it's best.

Look, I agree with you. Aiyuk is awesome, and better than his numbers to date. My opinion the reason he has Never asked for a trade is that he really does want to stay with this winning team, and he knows the leverage the team has given the circumstances, and he already knows he must eventually resign with us. He will sign a long term contract, because no alternative course of action is rational. He will tease wanting to go to other teams and playing the diva as a negotiating tactic, and he will cut his best deal, but he will sign, and imo before training camp, because if he doesn't, he will be playing for $14.1m with no security.

Here's the fact of the matter. The team would be best off playing him on the 5th year, and going from there with the tag in their hip pocket. They're not going to do that, because Aiyuk has earned better, and they want to protect their reputation of treating players fairly and with respect.

Aiyuk has earned respect, but IMO, so does Jed York in building this team and reputation as someplace players want to gravitate to.

Yes the owner can absolutely pay a higher signing bonus of real money. That's what I'm talking about.

folks love players until they have to get paid…Then they somehow take the side of the billionaire owners. The cap is the cap. It's not the owners money it's the players revenue. s**t has to get spent regardless. Give it to the good players that play premium positions. People crying about APY, knowing that number is not real and will most likely get manipulated through the life of that deal.

I disagree with the team would be better with him playing out his 5th yr. That extra yr is always tied into an extension. That extra yr helps prorate the signing bonus if need be. Tagging him, is a bargaining chip not something that should be use…you can't move around money on a tag. You're giving him a massive amount of gtd cash and no gtd after a yr for the team….Plus the WR contracts have sky rocketed meaning the tag will be higher and his contract extension will just be more a yr from now. Giving large guarantees with no guaranteed years. No thanks

just pay him a fair deal and move on. That's how this team has earned the respect of players. It's BA's turn.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 28, 2024 at 4:51 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Can you BOTH try to be a little more pleasant and a lot less personal in your posting please?

I wasn't making anything personal until he did. Moving on
Reading AND comprehension. Try it. I stated why he isn't a high volume receiver. The point it, he wants to be paid like he is AND have the benefits of not being one. It's not that hard to understand.

And yeah if I had a great job that I loved, with lots of benefits - paying say $25 an hour. Or an absolute crap job that I hated going to every day, no benefits - paying $27...I'll take the slightly lesser pay for much better job.

No you didn't lol. You didn't give a single reason as to why he can't be a high volume receiver. Explain why he can't get 150+ targets a yr…outside of there being a f**k ton of talent on the roster. I wouldn't even say it's the scheme.

go look at Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Pierre Garcon….all Kyle's lead split ends (XWR) in the past. they got force fed the ball under him. The only difference is Kyle didn't have Kittle/deebo/CMC to go along with those guys.

How is that example on point? We're talking about millions of dollars not a couple bucks. Losing out $8-10M is not the same as $25-$27 per hr.

Playing in the NFL doesn't suck for these guys period. You acting like any other job besides being in SF blows is silly.

Again...slower this time...look at his stats. He's had TWO 1,000+ yard seasons, and one of those was barely. Nowhere did I say he "can't" be a high volume receiver, I said he "wasn't". And his STATS show that.

Apparently you don't understand comparrisons either. Honestly, think I'll pass on wasting any more of my time trying to explain basic concepts to you.

I don't think 1000 yd seasons are special anymore. I remember in the early 2000s it was. There was 16 games. Now there's 17 and offenses are much more pass oriented. Except ours of course haha

I very a great year for a WR stats wise as 1400 yds and up
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Purdy did not catch the ball. Purdy did not get open.

Purdy placed a perfect throw. Aiyuk only had to not break stride and let the ball fall into his hands.

[ Edited by Koldo on Jun 28, 2024 at 6:49 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Signing day. :)

BA currently heading into Levi stadium as we speak 👀
Originally posted by okdkid:
Signing day. :)

You saw his live too?! lol
Make this s**t happen!
Relax guys he's just checking out the 49ers museum
BA currently heading into Levi stadium as we speak 👀