There are 398 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Openly talking about playing for the Steelers or Washington. GTFO MY TEAM

The funniest thing about all of this is that he's talking as if this is up to him. He has ZERO leverage. He can either accept the deal on the table, play on his 5th year option, or choose the Leveon Bell route. Those are his options.

This isn't exactly true. Yes he has zero leverage as it relates to his contract. However, if our goal is to win the SB getting him signed (at least in camp) ASAP Is paramount. Tbe longer he holds out the least likely he'll be the best version of himself. Thus, the least likely become the best version of ourselves.

It happens all the time. The longer these players holdout/sit in the least likely they play great. See Bosa and Deebo.

This year is a waste the longer this drags out.
[ Edited by krizay on Jun 28, 2024 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

The funniest thing about all of this is that he's talking as if this is up to him. He has ZERO leverage. He can either accept the deal on the table, play on his 5th year option, or choose the Leveon Bell route. Those are his options.

This isn't exactly true. Yes he has zero leverage as it relates to his contract. However, if our goal is to win the SB getting him signed (at least in camp) ASAP Is paramount. Tbe longer he holds out the least likely he'll be the best version of himself. Thus, the least likely become the best version of ourselves.

It happens all the time. The longer these players holdout/sit in the least likely they play great. See Bosa and Deebo.

I'd also add that while the team has the leverage, they still gotta play this carefully to avoid upsetting any locker room chemistry. That being said, Aiyuk isn't exactly endearing himself to the fans. Some players care about that, some don't, I guess.
Sick of this guys act. No hometown discount. Ship him out. I'm done.

Originally posted by krizay:

I mean we had him in the SB last year sooooooo……..
Originally posted by BP13:
I'd also add that while the team has the leverage, they still gotta play this carefully to avoid upsetting any locker room chemistry. That being said, Aiyuk isn't exactly endearing himself to the fans. Some players care about that, some don't, I guess.

Aiyuk is a "nice to have." In a time where the college game is producing quality QBs and WRs, his production can be replaced. Him acting like a child erases any locker room chemistry nonsense. His baby mama is a problem too.
somewhat entertaining circus during the most boring part of the off-season. If he signs, awesome, if he doesn't, 2024 will be fun, then Slick Rick, you're up. We wouldn't be the first team to lose a good receiver. I still think this ends with him signing a contract below St Brown in APY, but with more guaranteed money, during camp.

The Niners were cut throat by signing slick Rick. They can spin it as future depth all they want, but if Aiyuk holds out and Ricky balls out then Yuks value drops and he plays out his remaining games pouting like Laveon Bell. His career was garbage after he left because he was a fit for the Pitt system. Teams will see Aiyuk as a fit for Kyle's system, but not a solo gamechanger.
i hope we sign him, but not break the bank and screw up future cap years. Do something reasonable, put a big number on it so it plays well in the media, but have a manageable guarantee.
After watching his podcast interview - idk. Lol the fact that a player doesn't give an eff about how cap space works is just odd to me.

They act like it hurts owners? All it does is hurt the guys around you cause the pot is only so big. Make $26M and be on a contender or to make $28M and be on the commanders and spend your prime years in a rebuild, most likely. Lol

At this point, if we don't come to terms, I'd just force him to playout this year on the fifth year option.
If he signs great. If he leaves I won't care.
Lol at least it is making the dry season interesting.
But yeah..it is getting a little annoying lol.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
somewhat entertaining circus during the most boring part of the off-season. If he signs, awesome, if he doesn't, 2024 will be fun, then Slick Rick, you're up. We wouldn't be the first team to lose a good receiver. I still think this ends with him signing a contract below St Brown in APY, but with more guaranteed money, during camp.

The Niners were cut throat by signing slick Rick. They can spin it as future depth all they want, but if Aiyuk holds out and Ricky balls out then Yuks value drops and he plays out his remaining games pouting like Laveon Bell. His career was garbage after he left because he was a fit for the Pitt system. Teams will see Aiyuk as a fit for Kyle's system, but not a solo gamechanger.
i hope we sign him, but not break the bank and screw up future cap years. Do something reasonable, put a big number on it so it plays well in the media, but have a manageable guarantee.

What if that doesn't happen?

Damn, BA was very candid in that interview. Dude The entire situation with BA has been weird from the jump.The guy was demanding a new deal or trade quite literally day after he cleaned out his lockerroom to go home. I think the Niners' refusal to work on a new deal last offseason rubbed him the wrong way and has negatively manifested into a sense of desperation to get paid this offseason.

I think it was very telling that he admitted the market has affected what he's asking for. Remember when people on here swore he wouldn't get more than Deebo just last offseason. BA wants to smash those numbers and doesn't give a f**k how it'll affect the team down the line(I respect it).
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 28, 2024 at 7:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Damn, BA was very candid in that interview. The entire situation with BA has been weird from the jump.The guy was demanding a new deal or trade quite literally day after he cleaned out his lockerroom to go home. I think the Niners' refusal to work on a new deal last offseason rubbed him the wrong way and has negatively manifested into a sense of desperation to get paid this offseason.

I think it was very telling that he admitted the market has affected what he's asking for. Remember when people on here swore he wouldn't get more than Deebo just last offseason. BA wants to smash those numbers.

Honestly I think BA wants to be the second highest paid WR in the league, which won't last long cause lamb will sign right after him.

Realistically, I Think his options are sign for the $26-$28M (get a lot of guaranteed money) or play this year out and get shipped out on the franchise tag next year. He really doesn't have leverage.
Ready for the trade. This whole situation is stupid and he's being a baby about it. Move on, we drafted a receiver already anyway and we are loaded
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Make him play for 14M or sit out for nothing. Tag him and trade him next year.

He really has zero leverage. Not sure why these WR keep kicking and screaming like babies every offseason. Don't their damn agents educate them on the process?

I would say they are very educated b/c they always end up getting paid.
Maybe that is why we are loaded? They were unsure if BA would work out? That and giving Purdy all the weapons is just a good idea:).

Originally posted by tankle104:
Honestly I think BA wants to be the second highest paid WR in the league, which won't last long cause lamb will sign right after him.

Realistically, I Think his options are sign for the $26-$28M (get a lot of guaranteed money) or play this year out and get shipped out on the franchise tag next year. He really doesn't have leverage.

Yeah all of this. Dude is good but not Jerry or a T.O. I was thinking 27 mil with lots of guaranteed. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone