There are 241 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i give BA credit for not b******tting. He said he wanted a deal done and was pressed to get one done early. That's didn't happen and now the market has been reset and he wants his bread. That amon st brown deal is the benchmark
Originally posted by lamontb:
i give BA credit for not b******tting. He said he wanted a deal done and was pressed to get one done early. That's didn't happen and now the market has been reset and he wants his bread. That amon st brown deal is the benchmark

I get that and all, but if he was willing to take less back then, why isn't he willing to do so now? To me this is greediness, he saw the market explode & decided he wanted more, now he's not the only one to blame, if true then the FO dropped the ball big time, not sure why you wait? I'd love to k ow the offer & also what Aiyuk would have taken.
Somehow I skipped over the part where Ryan Clark straight up asked BA if he was willing to risk playing for a s**t organization and get paid over staying with a perennial SB contender in SF but maybe not getting exactly what he wanted, and BA didn't hesitate to say yes.

"I only care about me. Can't afford the Lamborghini(me)? Then you can't have one."

dayamn, that was cold. People forget these dudes are mercenaries focused on securing the bag. BA has always been this dude. He just had a lot of yall fooled with that I want to win bs after the SB loss.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 28, 2024 at 8:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Somehow I skipped over the part where Ryan Clark straight up asked BA if he was willing to risk playing for a s**t organization and get paid over staying with a perennial SB contender in SF but maybe not getting exactly what he wanted, and BA didn't hesitate to say yes.

"I only care about me. Can't afford the Lamborghini(me)? Then you can't have one."

dayamn, that was cold. People forget these dudes are mercenaries focused on securing the bag. BA has always been this dude. He just had a lot of yall fooled with that I want to win bs after the SB loss.

Yes and in other news Santa Claus ain't real either.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Trade his ass
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I mean we had him in the SB last year sooooooo……..

This. I was gonna post this awhile ago. As much as it be cool to have him we haven't won with him
Originally posted by lamontb:

I'd give him that brown deal in a heartbeat. Lol not much guaranteed and an out after 2 years? Lol yes please. He would be dumb to sign that deal
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I get that and all, but if he was willing to take less back then, why isn't he willing to do so now? To me this is greediness, he saw the market explode & decided he wanted more, now he's not the only one to blame, if true then the FO dropped the ball big time, not sure why you wait? I'd love to k ow the offer & also what Aiyuk would have taken.

Aiyuk pretty much confirmed in that podcast that the niners are offering $26M per year rn. Don't know the guarantees.
Originally posted by teylo31:

This. I was gonna post this awhile ago. As much as it be cool to have him we haven't won with him

Nah don't get it twisted, we are a better offense with him. He's a very good all around wr, but I don't think he's anything special.

The question becomes do we want to allocate that much to the WR position, or use that money for other things to bolster the roster in future years? I imagine this deal gets done but if not, not a big deal. He can play on the fifth year option.
Nothing has changed here. If BA doesn't want a better contract now, he can play for 14m this year and 22-25m as a Tag the next year and if he keeps performing then he'll get a huge payday at another team and the niners will get a pick. If he doesn't keep performing, probably not gonna get the paycheck he wants.

Or he can cash in now and get 26-28m a year or whatever number the 9ers are willing to compromise on with a guaranteed portion that he's not likely to spend any time soon.

This really isn't the same situation as the Deebo negotiations where we didn't have another guy on the team that could be the #1...because Aiyuk still hadn't shown up yet.

Ball is really in his court.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jun 28, 2024 at 9:42 PM ]

Fred Taylor advises BA to keep the negotiations out of the media around the 6:30 mark

And if I'm Paraag I'm like this

" I only care about team. I'm cuffing you at $14M this year and I'm tagging you next year. IF you're still a baller we can then do this dance again. Because see, you belong to the 49ers in 2024 and I'm gonna see to it we own your right next year too and it's going to be at a much cheaper price than the Lamborghini. Deal with it!"

Business not personal

I am more into Bugatti myself.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by teylo31:

Nah don't get it twisted, we are a better offense with him. He's a very good all around wr, but I don't think he's anything special.

The question becomes do we want to allocate that much to the WR position, or use that money for other things to bolster the roster in future years? I imagine this deal gets done but if not, not a big deal. He can play on the fifth year option.

If you're gonna include me in this response then you should include what I was responding too with that post.

Nobody is arguing that we aren't a better offense with him. Nothing to twist
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Openly talking about playing for the Steelers or Washington. GTFO MY TEAM

The funniest thing about all of this is that he's talking as if this is up to him. He has ZERO leverage. He can either accept the deal on the table, play on his 5th year option, or choose the Leveon Bell route. Those are his options.

This isn't exactly true. Yes he has zero leverage as it relates to his contract. However, if our goal is to win the SB getting him signed (at least in camp) ASAP Is paramount. Tbe longer he holds out the least likely he'll be the best version of himself. Thus, the least likely become the best version of ourselves.

It happens all the time. The longer these players holdout/sit in the least likely they play great. See Bosa and Deebo.

This year is a waste the longer this drags out.

lol so what did I say that isn't exactly true?
Share 49ersWebzone