Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 410 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What I hate, is that I have the Ozempic song stuck in my head, thanks man.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Nah don't get it twisted, we are a better offense with him. He's a very good all around wr, but I don't think he's anything special.

The question becomes do we want to allocate that much to the WR position, or use that money for other things to bolster the roster in future years? I imagine this deal gets done but if not, not a big deal. He can play on the fifth year option.
That's my concern, spending 50 million + on two receivers when we have the least pass attempts in the NFL last year. that and earthquakes
[ Edited by BP13 on Jun 28, 2024 at 11:22 PM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Aiyuk is at Levi's today and appears to be in a good mood.

I'm guessing 4 year 112 million (28 per season) with 75-80 million guaranteed

You getting that from the tweet reporting what's on the table?

No, I just figured 28 million a year is what he would get and over 70 million guaranteed. I just have a feeling that since he's not getting close to 30 million a year he will want more than 70 million guaranteed that's why I went with 75 to 80.

Too be cheeky, I will say 27.5 million with some sort of bonus that brings it to 28 million per annum.

Fropwns…..don't just stare at it……Eat It!!!!
Originally posted by BP13:
Nah don't get it twisted, we are a better offense with him. He's a very good all around wr, but I don't think he's anything special.

The question becomes do we want to allocate that much to the WR position, or use that money for other things to bolster the roster in future years? I imagine this deal gets done but if not, not a big deal. He can play on the fifth year option.
That's my concern, spending 50 million + on two receivers when we have the least pass attempts in the NFL last year. that and earthquakes

I mean we shouldn't pay a QB $200M either if they don't pass the ball a lot.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Somehow I skipped over the part where Ryan Clark straight up asked BA if he was willing to risk playing for a s**t organization and get paid over staying with a perennial SB contender in SF but maybe not getting exactly what he wanted, and BA didn't hesitate to say yes.

"I only care about me. Can't afford the Lamborghini(me)? Then you can't have one."

dayamn, that was cold. People forget these dudes are mercenaries focused on securing the bag. BA has always been this dude. He just had a lot of yall fooled with that I want to win bs after the SB loss.

Yup. I said awhile back getting the contract is almost every single players "Super Bowl". Very few guys think team first as far as the cal etc go. Usually the older players who made the $, but now want the ring etc.

I am just curious why we didn't sign him or any of our guys quickly? If BA asked but we don't oblige that is annoying. Every single poster here knew the market would blow up so I mean I feel like it was to the FO advantage as well.

I know it's the reality in today's game, but knowing he really is a mercenary is a turn off and would make me say I'm only getting his maximum effort if he's happy with us paycheck etc which many Gus are never satisfied. He may be hurting his value?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Somehow I skipped over the part where Ryan Clark straight up asked BA if he was willing to risk playing for a s**t organization and get paid over staying with a perennial SB contender in SF but maybe not getting exactly what he wanted, and BA didn't hesitate to say yes.

"I only care about me. Can't afford the Lamborghini(me)? Then you can't have one."

dayamn, that was cold. People forget these dudes are mercenaries focused on securing the bag. BA has always been this dude. He just had a lot of yall fooled with that I want to win bs after the SB loss.

Yup. I said awhile back getting the contract is almost every single players "Super Bowl". Very few guys think team first as far as the cal etc go. Usually the older players who made the $, but now want the ring etc.

I am just curious why we didn't sign him or any of our guys quickly? If BA asked but we don't oblige that is annoying. Every single poster here knew the market would blow up so I mean I feel like it was to the FO advantage as well.

I know it's the reality in today's game, but knowing he really is a mercenary is a turn off and would make me say I'm only getting his maximum effort if he's happy with us paycheck etc which many Gus are never satisfied. He may be hurting his value?

When it comes down to it this is a job. Imagine your boss asking you to take a pay cut to help the dev team and company win an award or get poached by a s**tty competitor for more money and less pressure. If he gets injured the team would dump him and the fans would move on. So I get it.
Only thing is that a WR is easily replaceable even though Aiyuks don't fall outta trees. A WR ain't a QB unless you're Jerry Rice so we can still be good without him but we're better with him
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 29, 2024 at 6:27 AM ]
It's more than tiresome… this is all we read and see about the niners…. Fish or cut bait…. I love the guy but enough already.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
It's more than tiresome… this is all we read and see about the niners…. Fish or cut bait…. I love the guy but enough already.

He is under contract under our control this season and he will be unless we find an offer we can't refuse. We re tough negotiators and with this type of leverage we should be
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

When it comes down to it this is a job. Imagine your boss asking you to take a pay cut to help the dev team and company win an award or get poached by a s**tty competitor for more money and less pressure. If he gets injured the team would dump him and the fans would move on. So I get it.

I understand both sides for sure, but I'd certainly take Bosa's approach with negotiations vs Aiyuk or deebo.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

If doubling my salary is a pay cut, sign me up!
Originally posted by Murphys1:
If doubling my salary is a pay cut, sign me up!

Especially when your employer is trying to reward you when we really don't have to

The 49ers can say $14M this year and tag you next for $25M and now you're down to $19.5M over two years. Instead I'm trying to reward you upwards of $26M and you bucking back?

Chile please!

I'm trying to help you

Yeah but we were also historically efficient all year - which has a lot to do with the minimal pass attempts. So there is no guarantee that we won't pass more. We just didn't need to because a majority of the passes ended up going very well and efficient. We also rarely played from behind, if not blowing a team out.

So we may need these guys if we are down in a game and have to pass to catch up (think what happened in the playoffs twice).
I'm guessing the 9ers we're preparing for life without Aiyuk from the drafting of Pearsall.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean we shouldn't pay a QB $200M either if they don't pass the ball a lot.

It's much better to overpay for a great QB ( top 5 Imo ) than overpay for a good ( not elite ) receiver.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Jun 29, 2024 at 8:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone