Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 641 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
If doubling my salary is a pay cut, sign me up!

Especially when your employer is trying to reward you when we really don't have to

The 49ers can say $14M this year and tag you next for $25M and now you're down to $19.5M over two years. Instead I'm trying to reward you upwards of $26M and you bucking back?

Chile please!

I'm trying to help you

While being able to cut you if you get hurt, because they are squeezing you while holding that control over you.

The choice is really,
3 years $70m 0 gtd
4 years $90m 40 gtd.
So if you stay healthy #1 is the choice. If you get injured is #2 a better choice? If the team can cut you after year 1 of the extension and you "only" get $45m, i say 3 for $70m is the better choice.

And knowing the team can not really afford that under the cap, you know it is only 2yrs for $40m(even just 1 for $14m) with a likely 4yrs for $140m after that. Or would you choose the 2 for $45m with another 2 for $55m after?

If i was Aiyuk i would not sign the team friendly 3yr $26m extension unless it was fully guaranteed.
Love they crying. Everyone will love him again game 1.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I mean we had him in the SB last year sooooooo……..

This. I was gonna post this awhile ago. As much as it be cool to have him we haven't won with him

Nah don't get it twisted, we are a better offense with him. He's a very good all around wr, but I don't think he's anything special.

The question becomes do we want to allocate that much to the WR position, or use that money for other things to bolster the roster in future years? I imagine this deal gets done but if not, not a big deal. He can play on the fifth year option.

Deebo only has a year left after 2024. I.think the allocating so much to the receiver position point is overblown. This will be a legit question next year with having to extend Brock- do they also extend Deebo, let him play out the final year, or trade. Deebo is one of one, but extending Jennings and drafting Pearsall and Cowing could be insurance for him.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This. I was gonna post this awhile ago. As much as it be cool to have him we haven't won with him

Nah don't get it twisted, we are a better offense with him. He's a very good all around wr, but I don't think he's anything special.

The question becomes do we want to allocate that much to the WR position, or use that money for other things to bolster the roster in future years? I imagine this deal gets done but if not, not a big deal. He can play on the fifth year option.

Deebo only has a year left after 2024. I.think the allocating so much to the receiver position point is overblown. This will be a legit question next year with having to extend Brock- do they also extend Deebo, let him play out the final year, or trade. Deebo is one of one, but extending Jennings and drafting Pearsall and Cowing could be insurance for him.

I think Deebo is traded before another contract
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Time for Lynch to grow a pair and not cave in to this diva's demands.
FFS this contract has to be close. It's either this or that. The numbers have to be done by now. Just sign please
Originally posted by Koldo:
Time for Lynch to grow a pair and not cave in to this diva's demands.

We need Aiyuk big picture. He will be our offense in 2 years JJ style. Sign the man
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I think Deebo is traded before another contract

I think too many variables are unknown at this point to even remotely know what is going to happen.

1. Brocks contract won't be a $60M a year cap hit. The first 3-4 years of it will most likely be in the $20M-$28M range because of how they'll structure it.
2. Deebo could ball out of control and show we still need/want him and don't know what kind of extension we can offer or that he would want but an extension would lower his cap hit
3. Injuries - who knows who gets hurt.

i think right now, it's possible this is Deebos last year but far from certain. I'm hoping a contract year motivates him and he balls out of control.

Originally posted by Silky:
FFS this contract has to be close. It's either this or that. The numbers have to be done by now. Just sign please

No one will probably budge for another 3-4 weeks to when camp is coming up. Until then, I'd be surprised to see any agreement
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Especially when your employer is trying to reward you when we really don't have to

The 49ers can say $14M this year and tag you next for $25M and now you're down to $19.5M over two years. Instead I'm trying to reward you upwards of $26M and you bucking back?

Chile please!

I'm trying to help you

Or he's wants what the market is saying his worth is….Just like any job.

if the market said WRs are a dime a dozen and can be replaced easily then the price wouldn't be where it's at.

so no, I don't buy the hey we're trying to "reward" you stuff and you should shut up and be happy. SF is still below what the market is for that position apparently.

SF can't have BA's contract be whatever the tag price is. It will be even higher once Lamb and Chase sign. Giving say $40M of FGTD cash for two years of football is stupid. There's no cap relief. There's no security in a long-term deal for the team after giving that much real cash to him.
BA just needs to keep his mouth shut.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Or he's wants what the market is saying his worth is….Just like any job.

if the market said WRs are a dime a dozen and can be replaced easily then the price wouldn't be where it's at.

so no, I don't buy the hey we're trying to "reward" you stuff and you should shut up and be happy. SF is still below what the market is for that position apparently.

SF can't have BA's contract be whatever the tag price is. It will be even higher once Lamb and Chase sign. Giving say $40M of FGTD cash for two years of football is stupid. There's no cap relief. There's no security in a long-term deal for the team after giving that much real cash to him.

The way I see it - SF needs to just get this deal done with where it is or accept the reality that we won't be resigning Aiyuk long term.

like you said - the price is just going to go up and up. So it's either sign BA where the market is now (since we waited over a few mil early in the off season, it'll cost SF. Millions more than they wanted it to). Or we accept that after this year we are trading him away. Cause next year he will be even more expensive to resign.

where SF messed up was being stingy in the early part of the off season - that mistake cost them millions a year in salary for BA.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
While being able to cut you if you get hurt, because they are squeezing you while holding that control over you.

The choice is really,
3 years $70m 0 gtd
4 years $90m 40 gtd.
So if you stay healthy #1 is the choice. If you get injured is #2 a better choice? If the team can cut you after year 1 of the extension and you "only" get $45m, i say 3 for $70m is the better choice.

And knowing the team can not really afford that under the cap, you know it is only 2yrs for $40m(even just 1 for $14m) with a likely 4yrs for $140m after that. Or would you choose the 2 for $45m with another 2 for $55m after?

If i was Aiyuk i would not sign the team friendly 3yr $26m extension unless it was fully guaranteed.

I doubt we tag him twice. We would play him this year then tag him next year and trade him prior to the draft. We have him by the balls as this CBA was negotiated by vets for vets at the expense of rookies being brought in on rookie deals

Aiyuk is still on his rookie deal and we can have him at cost control this year and the next and he stands to lose money if that happens
Share 49ersWebzone