Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 658 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Or he's wants what the market is saying his worth is….Just like any job.

if the market said WRs are a dime a dozen and can be replaced easily then the price wouldn't be where it's at.

so no, I don't buy the hey we're trying to "reward" you stuff and you should shut up and be happy. SF is still below what the market is for that position apparently.

SF can't have BA's contract be whatever the tag price is. It will be even higher once Lamb and Chase sign. Giving say $40M of FGTD cash for two years of football is stupid. There's no cap relief. There's no security in a long-term deal for the team after giving that much real cash to him.

You don't understand leverage or you're trying to be a player advocate. This team will either get a deal done with Aiyuk prior to season OR play him at $14M then tag him then prior to the draft trade him for hopefully a first and let the next team deal with his Justin Jefferson salary demands all while getting Aiyuk this year and then having Deebo Pearsall JJ and Cowing the next and another first

The team won't even pay him next year if he's worth what he thinks he is as someone will trade for him or we do this dance again. Honestly if we have to tag him at $25M I'm sure we trade him for even a second next year and have two seasoned rookies to replace him and a first

I am for players getting money just like teams getting deals but Bosa had the leverage Aiyuk doesn't. There was no Bosa replacement serviceable but we have serviceable options to Aiyuk so we ain't paying him more than Tyreek Hill
Originally posted by TD49ers:
BA just needs to keep his mouth shut.

ok Laura Ingraham
Originally posted by tankle104:
The way I see it - SF needs to just get this deal done with where it is or accept the reality that we won't be resigning Aiyuk long term.

like you said - the price is just going to go up and up. So it's either sign BA where the market is now (since we waited over a few mil early in the off season, it'll cost SF. Millions more than they wanted it to). Or we accept that after this year we are trading him away. Cause next year he will be even more expensive to resign.

where SF messed up was being stingy in the early part of the off season - that mistake cost them millions a year in salary for BA.

Aiyuk may have wanted to wait and see a bit prior to signing. If Aiyuk doesn't meet their price they'll simply play him this year at $14M then tag and trade him next offseason prior to the draft and use that pick on OL and roll out CMC Kittle Pearsall Deebo JJ and Cowing and go from there. With the weapons this team has and will get with an Aiyuk trade we don't need him as much after this season which is why we drafted as we have and then paid CMC
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 29, 2024 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by lamontb:
i give BA credit for not b******tting. He said he wanted a deal done and was pressed to get one done early. That's didn't happen and now the market has been reset and he wants his bread. That amon st brown deal is the benchmark

I get that and all, but if he was willing to take less back then, why isn't he willing to do so now? To me this is greediness, he saw the market explode & decided he wanted more, now he's not the only one to blame, if true then the FO dropped the ball big time, not sure why you wait? I'd love to k ow the offer & also what Aiyuk would have taken.

B/c the market has been reset. To me that's common sense and being smart about your business. Why would you let your employer get your services at a discounted rate? And of course greed plays a part. Envy too. We all would be envious seeing our peers getting raises. Its human nature. I'm not sure why our FO won't sign guys early that are clearly progressing and part of the future. This the path they choose to keep going down.
i give BA credit for not b******tting. He said he wanted a deal done and was pressed to get one done early. That's didn't happen and now the market has been reset and he wants his bread. That amon st brown deal is the benchmark

I get that and all, but if he was willing to take less back then, why isn't he willing to do so now? To me this is greediness, he saw the market explode & decided he wanted more, now he's not the only one to blame, if true then the FO dropped the ball big time, not sure why you wait? I'd love to k ow the offer & also what Aiyuk would have taken.

B/c the market has been reset. To me that's common sense and being smart about your business. Why would you let your employer get your services at a discounted rate? And of course greed plays a part. Envy too. We all would be envious seeing our peers getting raises. Its human nature. I'm not sure why our FO won't sign guys early that are clearly progressing and part of the future. This the path they choose to keep going down.

Yeah that's just as much on the fo sitting on deals. Why can't we extend our guys in march etc like other teams regularly do.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yeah that's just as much on the fo sitting on deals. Why can't we extend our guys in march etc like other teams regularly do.

Why would a player sign before the market gets reset?

We all knew WR was going to spike this year. If I was an agent I would tell my WR client wait until your comps go or the top (JJ) signs.

Anyone signing early is leaving money on the table
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Or he's wants what the market is saying his worth is….Just like any job.

if the market said WRs are a dime a dozen and can be replaced easily then the price wouldn't be where it's at.

so no, I don't buy the hey we're trying to "reward" you stuff and you should shut up and be happy. SF is still below what the market is for that position apparently.

SF can't have BA's contract be whatever the tag price is. It will be even higher once Lamb and Chase sign. Giving say $40M of FGTD cash for two years of football is stupid. There's no cap relief. There's no security in a long-term deal for the team after giving that much real cash to him.

The way I see it - SF needs to just get this deal done with where it is or accept the reality that we won't be resigning Aiyuk long term.

like you said - the price is just going to go up and up. So it's either sign BA where the market is now (since we waited over a few mil early in the off season, it'll cost SF. Millions more than they wanted it to). Or we accept that after this year we are trading him away. Cause next year he will be even more expensive to resign.

where SF messed up was being stingy in the early part of the off season - that mistake cost them millions a year in salary for BA.

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Why would a player sign before the market gets reset?

We all knew WR was going to spike this year. If I was an agent I would tell my WR client wait until your comps go or the top (JJ) signs.

Anyone signing early is leaving money on the table

I wonder if there was a sense of urgency from SF to get the deal done. History says there wasn't based on how bigger name signings usually go. They almost lost Trent a few years ago because as I said this office is tough in negotiations. With that said,many other front offices are not and IMO it would've been smart for them to get Aiyuk signed shortly after the draft. Why? Because if the 49ers were negotiating with JJ, he would've barely got more than Hill, but it wasn't the 49ers signing Jefferson to a contract- it was the Vikings.

Imagine if they had a 3 year, 60 million dollar deal for Deebo the week after the 2021 NFCCG. There's a chance we get him at that number. But waiting until they did- we saw what happened with the receiver market.
The part that puzzles me is how did the niners not know the market was about to get up? With so many big name guys getting new deals this year? Don't have talk to other front offices and all that? Hear stuff?

I can't imagine that they had absolutely no idea that all of these contracts were going to happen and that the market was going to jump up, which would make you think they want to have a sense of urgency.
Originally posted by boast:

ok Laura Ingraham

What?

The immaturity and stupidity that comes out of his is mouth ridiculous.
The part that puzzles me is how did the niners not know the market was about to get up? With so many big name guys getting new deals this year? Don't have talk to other front offices and all that? Hear stuff?

I can't imagine that they had absolutely no idea that all of these contracts were going to happen and that the market was going to jump up, which would make you think they want to have a sense of urgency.

Urgency to do what? Overpay him! There was no reason to sign him earlier....maybe in the fall of 2023 but again, you would be overpaying him and he probably didnt fit into the teams cap plans.

Urgency to do what? Overpay him! There was no reason to sign him earlier....maybe in the fall of 2023 but again, you would be overpaying him and he probably didnt fit into the teams cap plans.

What in their history suggests to you the 49ers would've overpayed? Based on what is out there. It seems thus would've been cheaper than what it ultimately would be.
"The Market" is what you can access (ability to enter, per Webster). We know exactly what that is: It's $14.1m and change, with no guaranteed money beyond that. We are offering Way above "market".

Come on people. Aiyuk Told you what he is going to do. He's "for sure" going to sign with the Niners. He's realistic, so why aren't fans?

The Niners are offering Much more than that. We may go higher. This is a non issue. The Niners aren't playing hardball, offering a Much better deal, and yes they are going to get a deal they can message for other teammates (do fans expect you to object to that, Brandon?, yeah, I know you won't), but also a deal that will lock him up for years. Brandon is getting a much better deal than the "market", locking up a generational wealth deal you have to be an inbecile to walk away from, and I'm saying Brandon is no imbecile, and a deal with a team he does not hate, and can win with, and has a Great young QB he Knows can get him the ball, and you know you will see a "next" contract, and next time with a ring or two on your finger. What's the market then?

Again, we are offering Way above "Market", and Brandon knows it.

Everybody, Chill. Can you spell "Super Bowl"?

That's going to reset Market.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

What in their history suggests to you the 49ers would've overpayed? Based on what is out there. It seems thus would've been cheaper than what it ultimately would be.

Lol yeah idk what this guy is saying, meaning TD. Aiyuk said they were close and then niners didn't agree - then the market exploded. So whatever he was okay with getting paid before, is obviously less than he wants now.

meaning we wouldn't of overpaid, he would of been a bargain a few weeks after signing it. Lol
Originally posted by boast:

ok Laura Ingraham

What?

The immaturity and stupidity that comes out of his is mouth ridiculous.

What immaturity and stupidity?
Everyone rest easy..lol I was really breaking a sweat. He signing before too long. TMZ following him around, was that planned? Hehe. BA wants all that coverage. 📺. Next up..Nightly News jk
Share 49ersWebzone