There are 248 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
BA wants to stay.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
BA wants to stay.

And ShanaLynch doesn't want to let go of him.
Jefferson's deal basically threw a monkey wrench into this whole thing. No more simple than that.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Jefferson's deal basically threw a monkey wrench into this whole thing. No more simple than that.

I know we are annoyed by it but imagine how the cheap ass bengals organization feels rn. Hahaha Chase is going to want Jefferson type money.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

I mean kinda but not really. BA can't possibly believe he should be getting paid what JJ is getting. Dude is literally the highest paid non-QB in the league in GTDs. He's an OPOY & multiple times all-pro guy.

That's not real life for the rest of the WRs.

If BA wants that. Good luck. Not a single NFL team is giving him a contract like that.

I think the St Brown and Waddle deals kinda moved the bar up from what it was gonna be.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean kinda but not really. BA can't possibly believe he should be getting paid what JJ is getting. Dude is literally the highest paid non-QB in the league in GTDs. He's an OPOY & multiple times all-pro guy.

If BA wants that. Good luck. Not a single NFL team is giving him a contract like that.

I think the St Brown and Waddle deals kinda moved the bar up from what it was gonna be.

Aiyuk should want around what Amon Ra is getting as a fellow All Pro
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Give him that same deal and call it a day. A lot of fluff in St Brown's deal.

I said it after Amon-Ra's deal was done, but BA deserves to be paid more than Amon-Ra since BA is a true X receiver. BA himself brought up this point in that recent interview.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 1, 2024 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

I said it after Amon-Ra's deal was done, but BA deserves to be paid more than Amon-Ra since BA is a true X receiver. BA himself brought up this point in that recent interview.

I guess the question becomes - what's more important in today's NFL? A true "X" reciever or a multi positional guy like Amon ra or Deebo?

who puts more stress on a defense? Deebo or Aiyuk?
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 1, 2024 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
I guess the question becomes - what's more important in today's NFL? A true "X" reciever or a multi positional guy like Amon ra or Deebo?

With all due respect to BA, when Deebo is healthy, it's Deebo by a country mile.

Originally posted by Polkadots:

With all due respect to BA, when Deebo is healthy, it's Deebo by a country mile.

I agree, I think you can make a valid argument that a player like Deebo or Amon ra are more valuable in todays nfl than an Aiyuk type.

in my opinion, where Aiyuk generates a lot of his value is actually how he is without the ball in his hands. He's a selfless blocker on run and pass plays.

Deebo in 2021 is more valuable but now in 2024 we have CMC that can do the same and Deebo hasn't been good since that year.

BA is more important for the team right now but he shouldn't get 30M per.
BA is a better WR than Deebo.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
BA is a better WR than Deebo.

It's close, but he's better than Amon-ra too IMO.
Deebo is a hybrid RB/WR who can't run routes but is explosive with ball in hand with great YAC ability. Unfortunately, he is usually injured by the end of the season because we continue to overuse him at the RB position.

Brandon is a better pure WR, a better route runner, is better getting off the line, smoother runner and gets open easier and also has great YAC ability.
Share 49ersWebzone